Video - 100 Years of Plus-Size Fashion

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Cynthia

This offers an interesting, albeit cursory, look at the evolution in plus-size fashion, including sizing standards, retailers, and advocacy. Of course, many milestones are missing from the video's brief overview. (For example, I'd say that Mode Magazine was as much of a game changer as BBW Magazine, at least in the early days before it lost focus.) Thoughts?

Video by Glamour Magazine: 100 Years of Plus-Size Fashion

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
BBW magazine did show up a while before Mode, but I think I only ever saw the latter on general magazine racks.

It is too bad about the abandonment of standard sizing. In the early 90s I had access to the library of US Military specs at work (we used them for stuff going up on satellites), and while looking up something else I stumbled across the standard for women's military uniform sizing. They added wider and narrower hips from around their size 12 and up. Between standard sizing and having that wider and narrower hipped option it would make a lot of women's clothing shopping easier I'm sure! Although I doubt my wife would like being two to three size ranges larger.