Virgin Roll Call

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

LovelyLiz

You can probably tell by looking at me...Been told that before -_-. I have had bf before but it has never gone further than making out.
What? Who told you that before - your gynecologist? ;) If it wasn't your ob/gyn who said that while looking inside of you, no one could tell by looking at you...what a strange thing for someone to say.

PhatChk

What? Who told you that before - your gynecologist? ;) If it wasn't your ob/gyn who said that while looking inside of you, no one could tell by looking at you...what a strange thing for someone to say.
haha ..the sad thing it was 3 different people lol

URTalking2Jenn

I think you and me are eye to eye on this. I agree with you, but a lot of it has to do with my religious beliefs. I understand people having sex before marriage, not everyone wants marriage, but I want a marriage first.

I look forward to learning with my husband. I don't want to wonder if I'm the best, or if I'm doing it right, Shoot we can learn all we know from each other. That's kind of the fun. But that's my point of view.

You've got some good and reasonable arguments, so I'd like to give you my reasons.

First of all, my feelings about abortion as a birth control method come into this. While I believe abortion is acceptable in self-defence and should therefore not be outlawed, I don't believe that it's ethical to have abortion in anything but the most extreme circumstances. Since no other birth control method is capable of preventing pregnancy 100% of the time, I feel my only responsible choice is to be abstinent until I'm at least mostly prepared to welcome a child into my life.

I also believe that children fare best in most cases when raised by married parents, so I don't believe I'll be ready to welcome children into my life until I'm married. That means, for me at least, sex is out until I'm married. It comes down to responsibility and the life that I want to give my children and my future husband.

All that is really aside from my religious beliefs--but I believe that the underlying logic of religious prohibitions against sex outside of marriage is to protect both children and married couples. I think that scientific research into relationships backs up my positions as well, so I'm fairly confident in my choices.

I know life isn't perfect and that stuff happens, but I'm not going to take actions that I believe would hurt my future family for momentary pleasures in the present anymore than I would go deeply into debt for a wild and wonderful shopping spree today.

That doesn't mean I don't want sex...I actually think I have a pretty high sex drive; I'm a very physical, affectionate person, and I'm quite impatient for the right guy to come into my life. He will have to be someone who understands how very highly I value the power of sex, however. To me, it is a sacred part of the bond of marriage. I think a lot of people assume that a virgin of my age must dislike sex or have really negative feelings about it, and for me, that's not the case. I just happen to think it's so important that it deserves the most serious of commitments first.

When I do have sex, I want to be able to completely surrender to the experience. I just can't see myself doing that before I'm married.

0nlnn

The Great and Epic 0nlnn
I'm still a virgin. I do not really believe in waiting until I am married, I just believe in waiting for the right person. Thus far in my life I have not met the right person, but when I do, oh boy. :D

PhatChk

I'm still a virgin. I do not really believe in waiting until I am married, I just believe in waiting for the right person. Thus far in my life I have not met the right person, but when I do, oh boy. :D
Same train of thought ^_^ lol

0nlnn

The Great and Epic 0nlnn
Another one reporting in. Haven't even kissed a girl. Feels bad man : (
Don't feel bad, man. I think i kissed a girl once when I was in elementary school. I honestly don't remember, but either way it doesn't really count.

Weirdo890

Don't feel bad, man. I think i kissed a girl once when I was in elementary school. I honestly don't remember, but either way it doesn't really count.
I remember kissing a girl in the first grade, but that's the extent of it. The only other instance is when a female friend of mine gave me a peck on the cheek as she greeted me at the door. It wasn't anything special as she was welcoming me to her birthday party, and she did it to the other guys that came as well.

Weirdo890

I guess my attitude towards this issue is Que sera sera, which means "What will be, will be". I'll just see what happens.

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I've had MANY situations where I could have lost mine with past partners and people interested in me. I've chosen not to or just flat out not been very lucky.

If it doesn't feel right, there shouldn't be any reason to just get it out of the way. Most are well aware that the first time may not be the best, but I would think there is appeal in having a long lasting relationship where one or both parties understand each other, that fact and don't let it stop them from continuing something good.

Right now I'm in a situation where it's likely to happen very soon. There's no rush. I'm going to be sure to romantic it up lol, but it was something that popped in both of our heads because we connected so well.

Jezzebelle

I'm waiting because it'll make the ride more fun. Also, just because you don't have intercourse doesn't mean you can't have fun other ways. :D

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
when I was 13 I lied about loosing my virginity because I was scared that I was going to be the last one in my year to have sex, it's like a damn self-fulfilling prophecy

that was ten years ago, I guess at the moment I want it too bad, I keep getting nervous in steamy situations and I can't perform; I keep thinking the situation is going to end with people laughing at me because I'm a virgin or just a terrible shag, it's really hard to be on your game when your heads full of anxiety

I finally told all my mates about it, alot didn't believe me or thought I was joking, some immediately tried to find hookers but I called them off, it's nice to know how far your mates will go for you though; even my father offered to find a high class prostitute but I wouldn't go that far, I mean part of me thinks I should just to get it out the way dispel some of the nerves and move on but I guess it's been so long I want something special but at the same time I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a crap lay my first time

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I felt that way in the past too. I foresaw at 15 that I would be the last among my siblings to lose my V. Turns out I was right. My younger sister is pregnant, and all of my older siblings are years down the road.

It became a big problem because in the past I had been dumped because of my experience level. Thankfully I found someone that understands it and still likes me.

Best of luck to you Tom.

LovelyLiz

I mean part of me thinks I should just to get it out the way dispel some of the nerves and move on but I guess it's been so long I want something special but at the same time I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a crap lay my first time
It became a big problem because in the past I had been dumped because of my experience level. Thankfully I found someone that understands it and still likes me.

Best of luck to you Tom.
You guys are both awesome - and if a woman is willing and patient and actually cares about YOU, even before knowing the full extent of your sexy skillz, then even tho the first experience of sex may not rock her world on a physical level, but it can still be a great experience of connecting to each other; and from there you can have fun working on discovering how to rock each other's worlds. :)

Props and encouragement to you both. You are quality men. (And glad to hear about the cool new woman in your life, Jon!)

hillking12

21 year old Virgin checking in. I try to not make a big deal about but sometimes its hard not to think about it. ive had 2 oppurtunites in the past but i was just fearful and it didnt feel right. i wanted to be in a relationship these two didnt. So idk i just think that when it is meant to happen it will happen.

rg770Ibanez

goochmaster
Hahaha Mooresville, NC
It's honestly probably not that close to where you live lol.
I went to a show in Colombia a few weeks ago and took me like two hours to get there. So yeah we technically don't live that close to each other :[

Fluffy51888

Glitter Queen
Hahaha Mooresville, NC
It's honestly probably not that close to where you live lol.
I went to a show in Colombia a few weeks ago and took me like two hours to get there. So yeah we technically don't live that close to each other :[
Yea, Columbia is about an hour and a half away from me...

Latest posts