We Love Our Cats Thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
We cat people are a unique kind of folk, so lets band together here :D

Stories, pictures, questions...whatever you want as long as it's all cats all the time!!

rainyday

Departed
Pretty kitty girl there. Love that mug one. So typical lol.

I've never told her, but this basket used to belong to a dog.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Kitssssss

Not my kitties, but kitties in RI.

steely

I had to put in the two I lost in the past 3 years, Tippy and Brown Kitty. I loved them so.

cinnamitch

nope
We have 2 girls , Mittens, and Snickers. They are about a year apart in age. We got them from 2 different people who were giving away cats . At the beginning Mittens hated Snickers but eventually she took to mothering her , going so far as to make milk and nurse her ( I swear, i even showed the vet). To this day if snicky is a bit scared she will cry out and no matter where Mittens is she will come running to see if you are hurting her baby ( Snicky is a bit slow in the brain). The picture i am posting is them in a donut box . We tried to throw that away several times but when we tried to we got hissed at lol. We finally got rid of it and now they are sleeping in an uzipped suitcase. When we went on our vacation, i had to make sure they were checked on TWICE a day and had a tv on so they wouldnt be lonely and a light turned on at night. Oh yeah they are spoiled:p

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Crazy Cat Lady checking in.

My cat Fifi has her own YouTube channel with short, mostly pointless videos of a cat simply being a cat. We're way behind in updates since moving to NY state, but we'll definitely get some new videos up soon.

I'm psyching my husband and myself up for adopting a second kitty. I'm worrying about whether or not it's the best time since we're planning two weekend outings in the next two months. I really want to adopt a younger kitten this time so I can get him used to being handled, squeezed, and loved on by yours truly. Fifi is only affectionate on her terms and we cannot under any circumstances pick her up, which breaks my heart.

I've posted this pic before in the Rep Your Pets thread, but it's a favorite of mine.

katorade

My two boys, Agent and Copernicus. Agent is the tuxedo, Pern is the blue point siamese.
Agent was a stray that showed up on my door step. Actually he would show up at the end of my sidewalk and follow me to my door, then sit there and wait for me. He was starving and I could wrap my fingers around his spine and touch either side. He had obviously been left by a previous owner and wasn't doing to well competing with the feral cats for food, and it was the dead of winter, so I took him in. He and the dog instantly took to each other and he is the cuddliest cat ever. I absolutely love him to pieces.
Pern was a rescue/shelter kitty. I got him as a companion for Agent, but he ended up becoming best friends with my dog, as you can see in the last picture. He's cross-eyed, but sees just fine. He's demanding and impatient, but he can also be really sweet. He's a master biscuit maker and will give you love bites when you pet him, or rather when you try to stop petting him. He also likes to sleep directly in front of your face.

They like each other, and have a love/hate relationship. They'll chase each other and swat and hiss one minute, then curl up together the next. The weirdest relationship both of them have is with my dog. They loooooove being groomed by the dog, and Pern will even instigate the dog into knocking him over and giving him a good flea-chop on the face. They are really, really weird.

On the shoe picture: Agent has a really odd habit of shoving his face into stuff and falling asleep. He loves to curl up next to me and cram his face into my elbow or hand. He'll do the same with my laundry. In that picture he had fallen asleep in one of my work shoes. The nastiest, grungiest, covered in coffee shop gunk, 5 year old work shoes. He loves me so much that he relishes sleeping in my filth. LOL.

MsGreenLantern

Keanu Drakula The Centaur
We found my cat Bean as a 'child', probably around 6 months old. We can only estimate but since she was tiny, but somehow neutored already? Yes, that's right. We find a kitten near our church in the end of autumn, and took her to get fixed, only to find when she was shaved "Um, she already is..." from the vet.
Anyway... 10 years later and she's still insane and adorable in all her tortoise-shell glory!! I had to leave her at home with my parents when I went off to college, but she is quite happy there, and I can look forward to my visits even more.

She was best friends with Emma, my Mother's cat [RIP]. She was a traditional Calico who we adopted from the SPCA about two years before we found Bean. The two of them didn't get along that well, it was like a big sister-little sister relationship. We could tell they loved each other but they rarely showed it [as they smacked each other on the head and chased around the hallways]. She died only just recently... about two months ago. To be honest I don't recall how she died. It was really fast, I didn't get to see her before it happened. I still expect to see her every time I visit home, but she just...isn't there.

steely

They are all so beautiful, I wish I had a dozen. Well on my way to crazy cat lady status. It's funny I always knew I would be. ;)

Geektastic1

These are some old pictures (2003) of my cat, Ralph, who died two years ago. He had seven toes on his left front foot and six on the right front foot. He was a good buddy, even though he liked to annoy me by biting my calves and feet when I sat on the pot. He seemed to think it was funny when I would yelp and move my legs around. He was quite talkative. He loved to take naps with people. Every so often, he'd do something odd, like lick my eyelid. He liked to hang out in the sink. I still miss him.

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
What are your cat's favorite toys?

Fifi's was a leather fringed tassel on the end of a fishing rod. She'd jump and chase this around for 20-40, even 60 minutes a night sometimes. Then I bought what seems to be the toy of all toys to her, a laser pointer. She looks for this every night and chases the evil red dot up and down the hallway. She really gets winded playing with this, so we don't play nearly as long and take breaks, but she LOVES it. She has a few stuffed mice she plays with on her own, and of course, any twisty-tie from a loaf of bread or string of cellophane wrap that might miss the garbage can is a favorite too.

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
my cat loves the laser pointer too and he also has this mouse that squeeks when he bats it, he chases that around the house until it goes under a piece of furniture and then I'm forced to spend time trying to get it out for him, not an easy task....lol

What are your cat's favorite toys?

Fifi's was a leather fringed tassel on the end of a fishing rod. She'd jump and chase this around for 20-40, even 60 minutes a night sometimes. Then I bought what seems to be the toy of all toys to her, a laser pointer. She looks for this every night and chases the evil red dot up and down the hallway. She really gets winded playing with this, so we don't play nearly as long and take breaks, but she LOVES it. She has a few stuffed mice she plays with on her own, and of course, any twisty-tie from a loaf of bread or string of cellophane wrap that might miss the garbage can is a favorite too.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
My babies were the only two in the litter - brother and sister - how could I split them up? They were so tiny when I got them! They're still small. Bitz weighs about 9 pounds and Pieces is about 8. Bitzy has double paws and lots of white on her. She hates to be picked up but likes to be pet. Pieces loves to be cuddled by ME but is kind of shy with others - he's a mommas boy! LOL!
In the last pic, Pieces' eye was a little "skinky" - sometimes it gets scratched when they roughhouse - and I think it's hilarious how he's given Bitz "the eye"... LOL! Yes, I admit it - I'm a crazy cat lady!

View attachment 10-25 084.jpg

View attachment 128380085791650000icanhaztrikn.jpg

View attachment 10-25 102b.JPG

View attachment Bitzy.JPG

View attachment DSCN0162b.JPG

Latest posts