We Love Our Cats Thread!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I love kitties! I have three, one at my Mom's (Samantha) and two at my Dad's (Smokey & The Bandit.) I'd post pictures but I'm not on my usual computer at the moment. Everyone elses cats are sooo cute:]

intraultra

big monster lover
Aww kitty threeead. We have two cats...I need to take new photos of them.

My sister and her family are living with us for a bit while their house is being built. So her beautiful cat Sophie is also here. I'm not really her favorite person so it's hard to get a good photo, but I tried. I think she hates me because she knows it's my cat who is always bothering her, haha.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
They're all such beautiful kitties!!

What are your cat's favorite toys?

Fifi's was a leather fringed tassel on the end of a fishing rod. She'd jump and chase this around for 20-40, even 60 minutes a night sometimes. Then I bought what seems to be the toy of all toys to her, a laser pointer. She looks for this every night and chases the evil red dot up and down the hallway. She really gets winded playing with this, so we don't play nearly as long and take breaks, but she LOVES it. She has a few stuffed mice she plays with on her own, and of course, any twisty-tie from a loaf of bread or string of cellophane wrap that might miss the garbage can is a favorite too.
Fiona doesn't really like to play with too much,. but she is 14 years old. She LOVES rubber bands which we let her play with as long as she is supervised, and the occasional milk tab thingy tossed on the floor will keep her attention for a while. It's great...I toss it.....it stays completely still....and she lays there and hunts it by staying in one spot and wiggling her bottom around for 5 minutes to make sure the "enemy" is good and dead and not moving anywhere and THEN she'll make her move and pounce.

intraultra

big monster lover

Fifi's was a leather fringed tassel on the end of a fishing rod. She'd jump and chase this around for 20-40, even 60 minutes a night sometimes. Then I bought what seems to be the toy of all toys to her, a laser pointer. She looks for this every night and chases the evil red dot up and down the hallway. She really gets winded playing with this, so we don't play nearly as long and take breaks, but she LOVES it. She has a few stuffed mice she plays with on her own, and of course, any twisty-tie from a loaf of bread or string of cellophane wrap that might miss the garbage can is a favorite too.
My younger cat loves those balls with feathers attached to them. Anything with feathers, really. And similar to the twisty-tie, he loves the plastic piece you take off of a milk jug when you open it.

My older cat just loves those little toy mice that are hard. She doesn't like the stuffed ones that are a little bigger. She's picky, I guess! :)

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
The Bucky likes boxes....oh my dear dog..err...cat. When I get a package in the mail, even if it is a tiny box, he tries to shove his head in there. Got a yoga mat yesterday, and you would have thought it was Christmas. Soooooo excited.

He also loves the laser pointer. He has two old nylon cat cubes that my Mom bought for him, and they are so tattered...I have to replace them. He is so vicious when he is in them, that I have to be careful of my hands. Target carries them...2 for $10.

There is also ' Da Bird '....GREAT cat toy. He is on his 6th replaceable feather part of the toy, and his 2nd stick. My brother...yes, my Mom is still his Mom...:p...is 3 years old, and still has a lot of kitten in him.:wubu: I am on the floor, as he has taken my fave place on the couch. He is on a pillow...sleeping....oh my fucking god...he is so cute that I want to smash him. Must...resist....the....urge....to...fuck...with...him.

Too late!

Oh..and pipe cleaners...loves those.

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
My dippy cat, Hermione, who thinks she is a dog, loves my hair ties. She steals them and drags them around the house. I have a pair of swimming goggles that came with an extra lycra-covered elastic strap, which she stole, and is one of her other fave toys. She drags it around the house like a dead gazelle and wants me to throw it for her to fetch. But probably the feather stick is the absolutely fave toy, she loves that stupid thing, I actually buy them by the dozen because she shreds the feathers off them. Now, if I could only figure out how to get her picture here so y'all could see how cute she thinks she is....

steely

I have a rotten evil dog that will not let the cat play with toys, she used to love a bread twist tie or a rolled up piece of foil. Picture of said evil dog!

katorade

I have a rotten evil dog that will not let the cat play with toys, she used to love a bread twist tie or a rolled up piece of foil. Picture of said evil dog!
I can't keep most cat toys around, either! If I throw one for the cat, the dog immediately thinks I'm throwing it for her. If I get one of those "fishing pole" style toys, she inevitably chews the toy off.:mad:

My eldest loves milk jug tabs, hair ties, paper curls, anything small and circular. It's so funny to watch him try and sit on his hind legs and flip them around in the air because he's usually so stoic.

My itty bitty kitty looooooves the laser pointer. If he hears you even click the button on top, he'll perk up and start looking for it. He also loves the little catnip mice and balls, but like I said, dog destroys them almost immediately.

Both of them adore those cheap nylon cubes that have 3 openings. I could put one of those on the floor, count to 10, and one of them would be in there. They also adore catnip. I was growing my own on a window sill, but they kept knocking over the pot. I dumped it out of the window and now I've spotted catnip growing in various places on my lawn. I'll come home and one of the cats will be rolling around on the front walk next to it, high as a kite. LOL.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
This morning Fiona Fluffybottoms greeted me with a huge yawn that stretched out her kitty mask, squinty eyes and a silent meow. :wubu:

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
you're so lucky, this morning my cat sat on my face until I got up to feed his fat behind....

This morning Fiona Fluffybottoms greeted me with a huge yawn that stretched out her kitty mask, squinty eyes and a silent meow. :wubu:

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
you're so lucky, this morning my cat sat on my face until I got up to feed his fat behind....
HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh, man the comments that could be made about THAT!

btw- how was the Moody Blues??

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
The Moody Blues were awesome!! I keep saying to Butch that I wish tonight was last Saturday so I could do it all over again. Thanks for asking...:)

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh, man the comments that could be made about THAT!

btw- how was the Moody Blues??

Aww kitty threeead. We have two cats...I need to take new photos of them.

My sister and her family are living with us for a bit while their house is being built. So her beautiful cat Sophie is also here. I'm not really her favorite person so it's hard to get a good photo, but I tried. I think she hates me because she knows it's my cat who is always bothering her, haha.

Sophie has beautiful markings. Is she purebred or a mix?

Donna

Recalcitrant Harridan
Not sure I can be considered a cat person or not...the dogs in my life tend to consume so much of my time. But before the dogs...before the husband...before Dimensions...was this not-so-little guy:

Connery came into my life about nine years ago. He outweighs both the Chihuahua and the Pomeranian put together and when he stretches he is close to four feet long. He used to hate men, but my husband has broken him of that trait. His origins are murky (his Momma was a lovely calico stray who adopted my ex and I when she was pregnant,) but I believe there might be some Siamese in his background. He is vocal. Very, very vocal. Demandingly so.

His favorite thing? To wake me up about 4am by kneading my chest...when I move, he starts mewing which is code for "Get your fat butt out of the bed and get my damned ice woman!" He refuses to drink water unless there is ice in it...and if the dogs steal his ice cubes he will pace and meow at me until I replace them. He has even trained my husband to refill his ice water on command. He is aggressive when he wants to be loved on/have his ears scratched. He likes to come up and reach a paw out to touch my hand and draw it to him.

Connery is a gentle giant, though. He is sweet and loving, and so patient with the pups. My Pomeranian is still in her puppy stage and she loves to play. He will roll on the floor with her, and lay there and let her chew his ears without taking any swipes at her. I don't think I have heard him hiss in the five years since I left my ex (he hated the ex with a purple passion. Even as a kitten he would scratch and swat at Jim and it got to the point that Jim couldn't even go near him.)

rainyday

Departed
The Buckster is a handsome dude. He looks kind of mesmerized by mousie. I like his little ScanDesign toboggan.

rainyday

Departed
That's the first cat tower I've ever seen that actually resembles furniture! Very classy.

Mine have shredded theirs into oblivion. I was going to try to re-carpet it back to some semblance of presentability, but this gives me an idea. Can't bend wood, but I wonder If I could build one and finish it like this.

Does Bucky use the scratching pad on it?

I like the poopin' cupboard on that site too.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
This is my little, old lady (14) Jezebel...the Queen of Quite a Lot...wearing her best royal sneer...

...and this is what she spends her time doing when no one is looking. Yes it's her chair, sometimes she lets the husband borrow it. :happy:

And this would be her nemesis, the infamous Buster Trouble. Don't let the cute fool you, he's at least 2 and a half times bigger now...

His nicknames include the Fur Monster, Mr Hairy Contrary and sometime 'you little peckerwood!' among others. He weighs 17-18 pounds, at least 2 of which is hair. He has all the Maine Coon Traits although he's not all Coon and we often accuse him of being a dog in a cat suit. He has a vertical leap like Dr J and if he doesn't stay off the bar...

The back of that chair is 20" across and he has to hunch up to stay on it.

Jez will still bat a mouse around if she thinks no one is looking and Buster? He will play with anything, especially stuff I left on the desk that he isn't supposed to have. When I'm fixing dinner he stands in front of the sink with his paws on the edge trying to snag any vegie or meat trimmings I toss down the disposal. He's a nutjob. He will also cram his furry butt into any box he can get to. He was incredibly proud of wedging himself into a 6"x6" box that I gave him after it came in the mail. I wish I'd gotten a pic. He looked like a cocker spaniel sitting in a tea cup. :eek: :D

Crystal

I'm a dog lover, myself, but these are some absolutely beautiful kitties, guys!

Latest posts