weight limits for six flags theme park/waterpark nj?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

troubadours

i know no one here takes me seriously anymore but srsly bear with me, this is no joke:

i'm sure this has been asked a billion times but i really don't feel like searching...

so, what's the deal with being fat and rollercoasters? i think i'm going this weekend. you have all seen me. i know i don't look as big as i am, but that's because i haven't really posted any pictures of my butt. it seriously sticks out so far/ takes up most of any seat that i have to sit further than most people (not sure if i'm saying this right? do you get what i mean?) and my belly is starting to rest in my lap these days. no i don't have measurements, but my weight has been fluctuating all summer from 280-290 annnnnd i think i am going to six flags this weekend.

just wondering if anyone can share some stories pleeease i wanna know what i'm up against, i haven't been to any amusement park in years :(

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Okay I haven't been to the one you're talking about but there's a six flags like 45 minutes from my house.. I haven't been in awhile but when I was about 275 and 5'7" and an apple and I could fit in everything I tried fairly comfortably. I think the biggest problem is if you carry a lot of weight in your belly, since that's where the bar goes but since you don't I don't think you'll have as many issues. Honestly, I always try to scope out the line to see if there's any fatties getting off the ride first.

troubadours

Okay I haven't been to the one you're talking about but there's a six flags like 45 minutes from my house.. I haven't been in awhile but when I was about 275 and 5'7" and an apple and I could fit in everything I tried fairly comfortably. I think the biggest problem is if you carry a lot of weight in your belly, since that's where the bar goes but since you don't I don't think you'll have as many issues. Honestly, I always try to scope out the line to see if there's any fatties getting off the ride first.
ahh yes thanks for the tip. i just remember when i was younger and idk how big i was but most rollercoaster seats were ridiculously tight and i would have a hard time getting the bar to close over my thighs?? i think i will be okay, i might not even ride any coasters since i'm a ginorm baby but i may hit up the log flume!

thanks againn

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
yessss log flumes
actually, any log flums i've been on haven't had any sort of lap bar either

and i'm kinda.. funny shaped, but i've had more problems with bars on my thighs than on my belly, and if something has to go over my chest, forget it :(

log flume is also what i call my vagina.

Red

Oooh I wrote a thread about this a while back as I wanted to check out Six Flags when I came to NJ...it's shut the day I had pencilled in so that solves that for me but a few people replied with useful information. Hope it helps (I'm a similar shape/weight to you and I SO know how you feel).

http://dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61042

MissToodles

dead peasant
I trouble with a lot of the rides at Great Adventures when I was last around this size (330 or so). I'm a lot more narrow on bottom, but had trouble with seat belts/bars across my lap. I haven't been there in years, so things probably have changed quite a bit.

troubadours

Oooh I wrote a thread about this a while back as I wanted to check out Six Flags when I came to NJ...it's shut the day I had pencilled in so that solves that for me but a few people replied with useful information. Hope it helps (I'm a similar shape/weight to you and I SO know how you feel).

http://dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61042
thanks so much for that link!!! tester seats sound awesome. okay...i think i'm in pretty good shape here.

troubadours

yessss log flumes
actually, any log flums i've been on haven't had any sort of lap bar either

and i'm kinda.. funny shaped, but i've had more problems with bars on my thighs than on my belly, and if something has to go over my chest, forget it :(

log flume is also what i call my vagina.
yeah that's why log flume is the best... water + no lap bar or anything. also i totally didn't notice your white text til i quoted and lollllll

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
DARIEN LAKE?! Ohhh I miss WNY

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
YES! haha. I go there all the time for concerts still but rarely for the park itself.
I like the watah park. ekjfbne I miss WNY. Darien Lake...located near ~scenic~ Attica.

troubadours

okay i just had to tell you guys.

i went on rolling thunder and seriously had to squeeze. the lap bar almost didn't close over my belly and i almost got stuck in there. so after that i refused to go on any other coasters. i went on the log flume with my bf and he has super long legs and i was literally crammed in there and all up on him because they sat us with a family of three. idk man. thank god i got in for free (my boyfriend's band was playing) because that place is just a serious shithole. aside from not being able to do anything, everything is incredibly expensive.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
Yeah, amusement parks are always ridiculously expensive. I can't believe they made you sit with a family of three.. they usually let each group have their own log.. cuz like how awkward to be like all up on the other people.

Crystal

Sorry you had such a horrible time, Troub! I know how amusement parks can be.

My cousin works in the Logistic department for Disney in Orlando. If he wasn't able to get me in for free, I defintely wouldn't go.

A cup of coke is like...$6. A freakin' cup.

AshleyEileen

chunky
This is why everyone needs to come to Pittsburgh and go to Kennywood with me. I'm over 350 and I wrote everything I wanted to (including 3 coasters multiple times). =D

Weeze

Justin Bieber of Dims
i'm not really a coaster person, but as far as like, going somewhere with your friends and feeling like you're "wasting" 60 bucks for an admission ticket, if you're ANYWHERE near north-central-ish PA, make the trip to Knoebel's in elysburg. they're awesome because you don't pay for admission, just any rides and food and stuff. Aaaaand if you wanna take a trip they have their own campground, and if you can't get in there, there's lake glory like, right across the road. there's plenty of camping :)

ALSO. Speaking of food... they were featured as like, the number one place for amusement park food on this food network special I saw like, a week ago. :)

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
i'm not really a coaster person, but as far as like, going somewhere with your friends and feeling like you're "wasting" 60 bucks for an admission ticket, if you're ANYWHERE near north-central-ish PA, make the trip to Knoebel's in elysburg. they're awesome because you don't pay for admission, just any rides and food and stuff. Aaaaand if you wanna take a trip they have their own campground, and if you can't get in there, there's lake glory like, right across the road. there's plenty of camping :)

ALSO. Speaking of food... they were featured as like, the number one place for amusement park food on this food network special I saw like, a week ago. :)
That's kinda cool. I wish there was an amusement park near here like that because my friends always want me to go with them and I truly don't mind waiting for them to go on the rides I don't want to go on (nearly everything) but it's SUCH a waste of like 30 bucks for me to get in because I hardly ride anything. I'm just not a big ride person.. anything too high, too fast or upside down is a no go for me now. I used to be a little braver but no thanks anymore. Like, teacups and log flume, here I come. Everything else.. ehhh:/

intraultra

big monster lover

I was just at Knoebel's a couple weeks ago :) I wish I would have tried the rides. We mainly stayed in the area with the kiddie rides since I was with my nephews, though. Also, oh my god the cabins are scary. I guess I had never seen a real rustic cabin before. I would rather sleep in a tent. The food was good, however, and while I didn't eat it, everyone else raved about the hoagie pizza (which was on the food network special).

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.
I am not a BBW but I am a born-and-raised Jersey girl (atleast until I went down South for college) and I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ!

I am a total roller coaster junkie and I can say that everytime I've gone, I always see big people getting on the ALL rides. I always see big people in lines for the roller coasters and they always seem to have had a good time when we get off. I've never seen a big person turned away.

Now last May, my school took our middle schoolers to Six Flags of America in Maryland. That place not only SUCKS, but I was on TWO DIFFERENT roller coasters where two different people couldn't fit in the seating things. In both cases, the seatbelt and the over head thingy wouldn't close. One of the people, a guy, didn't even look all that big - like 250-275. Basically, I don't recommend that park to anyone- regardless of size.

Latest posts