• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Weight-related Lymphedema

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopytheone

I was just wondering if people could give me a bit on insight into Lymphedema caused by weight/general non-cancer treatment related things? I've tried to look things up but almost everything on health websites talks about lymphedema caused by cancer/cancer surgery which isn't the situation I'm curious about.

My Aunt has swelling in both lower legs and ankles, pain there and a red rash that flares up and then disappears from time to time. Doctors treated it as a fungal skin infection but it doesn't seem to help, or to explain the swelling. She is about 5'1 and 250 lbs, so not incredibly huge or anything like that, but she feels it might be weight related. My grandmother on that side had lymphedema in one leg following an old injury so I don't know if it could be genetic?

I guess I am just concerned as she wont go to the doctors at the moment and it isn't getting better. Does this sound like lymphedema to anyone here? What can we do to make her more comfortable?

Latest posts

Back