WG powders - any comments?

Discussion in 'Weight Gain' started by Saxphon, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Jul 12, 2018 #1

Saxphon

Saxphon

Saxphon

Anyone have suggestions about WG powders - what has worked/not worked for them in the past? And if so, what sort of things did you mix it with? Just very curious.

2. Jul 12, 2018 #2

MattB

MattB

MattB

Epicurean

I used to sell them, and I used them when I was younger and weight training and had a shockingly fast metabolism compared to now. Assuming one is just looking for straight weight gain (ie: fat), they are an extra source of calories, but you'd get more bang for your buck just by adding something like heavy cream to your diet. If I was trying to gain fat, I wouldn't use a "weight gain powder" for that purpose.

If you do use them, I reckon you could mix them with just about anything. I used to add frozen fruit for the taste and texture. Make sure to keep an eye on the other nutrients that are in there like protein and other vitamins and minerals, not just the overall calorie count.

(Edited to add more thoughts...)

3. Jul 12, 2018 #3

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

LeoGibson

Happy

To piggyback on what Matt said, weight gainers are good if you are having a lot of trouble eating your calories. So I would take one of those gainer shakes and mix it with 16 ounces of heavy cream instead of milk. Then a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream and a healthy dose of chocolate syrup and a two or three tablespoons of peanut butter. Do that a couple times a day and you can easily add 6,000 more calories in. But you will be terribly bloated and pass more gas than a herd of cattle.

4. Jul 17, 2018 #4

Saxphon

Saxphon

Saxphon

Thanks for the input. I was really wondering about any particular brand to watch for, or type of weight gain powder (i.e like Muscle Milk, if that is a weight gain product). And, where you can find these items? Specialty stores, or the neighborhood grocery? Thanks again.
    I do agree that nothing beats a good stuffing of delicious food on a regular basis. And I do appreciate the 'heads up' of what to expect if I were to start doing WG formula. I've hit a plateau and would like a little boost to go along with my meals.

5. Nov 23, 2018 #5

ChocolateBear

ChocolateBear

ChocolateBear

He's not wrong. I have always found that the side effects of weight gain shakes and powders counteracted what I was trying to accomplish.

In my more devoted gaining days in college some 2o years ago, I didn't have the means to exactly blend weight gain powder with the lowfat milk I'd bought.

Sadly, instead of flatulence and cattle, I basically 'bricked' my system. I'll leave it at that.