What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
Tuna poke, spinach, a few sweets, and Konjac noodles. First time trying the latter. Cooked the noodles with Cajun seasoning, and almonds (kind of random lol). They are really good!

Reactions: Aqw

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Hiya, GEF.
I use chicken thigh fillets and lay them single layer in a large oven tray.
Smear with a thin layer of whole egg mayonnaise, season with s/p.
Sprinkle with fresh breadcrumbs (I've tried with bought crumbs, but fresh gives a satisfying crunch). Spray crumbs with oil.
Top with a sprinkle of fresh grated Parmesan.
Pop into the oven for about an hour until crispy and golden. I cook it at about 200C, which I checked is 392F.
EAT.
I use mayonnaise as an undercoating for chicken, too. 😍
My mom started using it in that way when she saw a recipe for it back when we were kids, actually.

I use it on chicken breasts and thighs (either bone-in or boneless, depending on my mood that night). Coat the chicken with mayo, and toss the pieces in a zip-lock bag containing crushed Rice Krispies. Bake in the oven 'til done.
The touch of sweetness in the Rice Krispies plays very well with the tang of the mayo. YUM!

I use panko breadcrumbs when I don't have the cereal available (I don't eat boxed cereals, anymore, so if I want to make mayo chicken with RK, I have to buy a box specifically for that purpose).

Tracyarts

It'll be bean soup and cornbread muffins. Cooking the soup in the slow cooker while we work in the garden this afternoon.

Our neighbor we buy eggs from gave us a ham bone from a big spiral sliced ham he cooked yesterday, and those things make the best bean soup.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I use mayonnaise as an undercoating for chicken, too. 😍
My mom started using it in that way when she saw a recipe for it back when we were kids, actually.

I use it on chicken breasts and thighs (either bone-in or boneless, depending on my mood that night). Coat the chicken with mayo, and toss the pieces in a zip-lock bag containing crushed Rice Krispies. Bake in the oven 'til done.
The touch of sweetness in the Rice Krispies plays very well with the tang of the mayo. YUM!

I use panko breadcrumbs when I don't have the cereal available (I don't eat boxed cereals, anymore, so if I want to make mayo chicken with RK, I have to buy a box specifically for that purpose).
Hey, @Barrett,

I'll have to give the crushed Rice Krispies tip a wee go. YUM! 😍

Tracyarts

Hot dogs and tater tots.

I like my hot dogs dressed with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and dill pickle. Like a hamburger, but not. I used to go to a hot dog restaurant called "Big Frank's" in Houston way back in the day that offered them that way (among many other ways). I decided I liked it best and stuck with it. Chicago style is my next favorite kind. Occasionally I will enjoy an order of cheese, chili, and onion hot dogs. But only from James Coney Island in Houston. A former friend took me to a hipster beer/food place that had creative gourmet hot dogs with like rabbit meat franks seasoned with a pomegranate-peppercorn reduction and baby arugula greens on top. Reminded me of something Patrick Bateman would order for lunch. It was ok, hot dogs are something I prefer on the simple side though.

Latest posts