What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

My inlaws came over for supper and picked up food from a seafood restaurant. I had a fried shrimp and oyster po boy sandwich and fried green tomatoes. It was very very good. They also brought hushpuppies and green tomato relish (what the restaurant serves as a table starter instead of bread and butter or salsa and chips). I love that stuff too.

TheShannan

🐽🍪❤️💍🤰
Homemade takeout. Chicken lettuce wraps, vegetable lo mein, and eggrolls.

One of our pandemic projects has been learning how to make our favorite Chinese buffet and takeout food at home (there's nowhere really good to get Chinese takeout within a half hour of our new house).

It's labor intensive with all the prep work, and uses a lot of special ingredients in the sauces. But totally worth the effort every once in a while.
I have been making my own chicken and broccoli. Very to consuming but so worth it!

Orchid

Boiled small potatoes.
Steamed bok choy.
Pan fried fish sticks in butter and olive oil, squeeze of fresh lemon juice, parsley salt.

Tracyarts

Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles. Not my favorite but not something I hate. I can take it or leave it, wouldn't choose it given other options. But my husband absolutely loves it and he's been assigned lots of overtime at work this week and today was particularly chilly for this little part of the world and since he had to spend some of the day outdoors, he wanted something warm, home cooked, and hearty tonight.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Mixed salad with lettuce, fresh tomato dried tomato, cucumber, mango, Kalamata olives, feta cheese.

Freshly baked salty pretzel bread sticks (still warm 😋) with butter.

Yoghurt with fresh fruit (khaki, grapes, banana) and cashew nuts & cranberries.

20211117_184606.jpg