What’s on the dinner table (part 2)?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tracyarts

Takeout from an Italian restaurant we used to eat at a lot before we moved. I had a medical appointment near our old neighborhood today, so we picked up food on the way back home.

I had their house salad and garlic bread. A grilled tuna steak topped with sauteed spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, seasoned with garlic and rosemary. And a piece of tiramisu for dessert.

It was all very, very good.

Orchid

Heatwave here so just sandwiches. Chicken/lettuce. Beef salami/tomato/mustard.
And a cocktail: 1 peach haribo candy soaked in 1 tsp vodka. Sparkling water, 3 fresh strawberries cut into thin slices, 1 thin slice of lemon ...noooo cherries was 0 at grocery shop but usually added fresh cherries.

bellyman

CHANKO-NABE!
That's awesome. I was reading and watching a video about that the other day but didn't know the name of it till now. I keep thinking I should try to make it and see how it is. Going past 300 now is such hard work! It seems I have to eat near 7500 calories to gain weight. And quite honestly that's too much work to sustain.

SSBHM

Making home-made pizza tonight (two of course!) triple cheese, triple pepperoni, bacon, red onion, black olives, sliced mushrooms

Suppose a six pack of coor's beer

Also have a box of nutty buddy ice cream cones

Angelette

Yesterday I was very depressed to go out shopping. The hot weather was also no help at all. So, I let creativity be my steering wheel.

Luckily, I bought that one garlic butter shrimp box from Costco the other day. Originally wasn't sure what to make out of it, however. By my surprise, there was a box of Betty Crocker pasta salad sitting in the pantry.

I combined my shrimp pasta dish with canned olives, tomatoes, olive oil, and leftover shredded parmesan cheese. The Mediterranean-ish shrimp pasta was bundled with leftover garlic bread. My unique creation was surprisingly delicious.

Another cool thing is the butter from the shrimp mixed with the juice from the canned tomatoes made a delicious sauce!

Tracyarts

Comfort food. Sauteed cabbage with onions and some diced ham with cheesy mashed potatoes.

Tracyarts

Tacos, horchata, and churros.
Speaking of horchata and churros, I tried the new churro shake Sonic came out with and it was pretty good. It tastes kind of like horchata. I think it's just a vanilla shake with a little bit of cinnamon and caramel mixed into it. And they garnish it with a mini churro!

Latest posts