What’s your style?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Funtastic curves

Our pirate club was started up by an old guy, who is remarkably fit, athletic, gymnastic and acrobatic. We show up to public events to delight the children. Children love pirates. For example, we always help to carry the lanterns in our Chinese Lantern Festival, which got cancelled this year. We're very much part of public life.
That's so cool! I never heard of a pirate club before outside of being a kid. Plus It's always a delight to make a child smile.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
You should get a dinosaur costume or a pirate costume and let your alter ego go. Have some fun. All the kids will love you for it.
you’re absolutely right about that. What kid, bored outta his/her mind while mom shops for groceries wouldn’t want to see a pirate or a T-rex also shopping for groceries? I could make the mundane exciting for kids!

Shotha

DM Supporter
you’re absolutely right about that. What kid, bored outta his/her mind while mom shops for groceries wouldn’t want to see a pirate or a T-rex also shopping for groceries? I could make the mundane exciting for kids!
And mums would be happy to be able to leave the kids with the dinosaurs or pirates and do their shopping without them.

jakemcduck

Usually comfort minded. I drive a truck so I want to be comfortable. Sweats are against the company dress code so I wear shorts in almost any weather and I try to find them with elastic waists because I'm very hard to fit and also I like room to accommodate my appetite when I find a great place to eat on the road.

Funtastic curves

Summer is coming so I enjoy wearing cute sun dresses, I like them long and short. I'll experiment with different styles. So I may feel a little preppy one day and spot a plaid skirt with tights that matches the sweater I've paired it with. To another day where I'm rocking a cute shorts outfit. So one could say mt style is all over the place.

But being that I'm at work 70% of the day. you would probably see me in work clothes. My work attire consists of a pair Capris or leggings with a t-shirt or hoodie. Very seldom i will be seen in a pair of jeans. They seem to draw too much attention. Which is a story by itself.

happily_married

Summer is coming so I enjoy wearing cute sun dresses, I like them long and short. I'll experiment with different styles. So I may feel a little preppy one day and spot a plaid skirt with tights that matches the sweater I've paired it with. To another day where I'm rocking a cute shorts outfit. So one could say mt style is all over the place.

But being that I'm at work 70% of the day. you would probably see me in work clothes. My work attire consists of a pair Capris or leggings with a t-shirt or hoodie. Very seldom i will be seen in a pair of jeans. They seem to draw too much attention. Which is a story by itself.
well now you have to tell us that story!

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Relaxed-fit jeans, 3X or 4X t-shirt (needed to contain my belly, without being skin-tight), and sneakers is my preferred (in public) style.
(flannel or denim long-sleeve button-down in cooler weather, though "cooler" is rarely cool enough in the southern US, especially on the coast.)

At home, I switch-out the jeans for a pair of baggy workout pants, and lose the footwear.

Funtastic curves

well now you have to tell us that story!
When I wear jeans people seem to notice. I usually get guys to approach me and comment on how they like me in the jeans. I am very aware of my bottom being large and the jeans usually brings more definition 🙃 But the attention is not necessary. Keep admiring from a far. My jeans shouldn't be a signal that allows you to find courage to approach me. To be honest it's the thing people say or how they say it that rubs me the wrong way.

*You look good in them jeans.
*When you going to let me in them Jeans.
*girl how you get all of that in them jeans😡
* you must be going out after work because you wore jeans🙄

The comments goes on and on and on.

So I try to avoid the subject of me in them jeans while going to work. 🥴

It may sound petty to some but it gets tiring at times.

happily_married

Yeah if people are making those comments I don’t blame you. I’m surprised you haven’t smacked someone with some of those comments.

I think it’s one thing to notice, even notice and admire (without being a creep about it). But making comments like that is awful. Even when I used to cold approach women in my single days I didn’t go about it like that. Those are comments you save for when you’re with someone or at least know them well enough to be able to play around like that.

Funtastic curves

Yeah if people are making those comments I don’t blame you. I’m surprised you haven’t smacked someone with some of those comments.

I think it’s one thing to notice, even notice and admire (without being a creep about it). But making comments like that is awful. Even when I used to cold approach women in my single days I didn’t go about it like that. Those are comments you save for when you’re with someone or at least know them well enough to be able to play around like that.
I usually speak sternly towards them where they know it's not wanted. And I kinda like my job so bodily harm isn't acceptable but it's thought about often.

Group builder