What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
For the first time since my husband's stroke, he's going to ride his bike. He was an avid biker pre-stroke and it's been a source of sadness on my part because he just didn't get back out there and ride. I'm happy he's doing it. I'm planning on sending him out for a fun trail ride this weekend too.

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I have job interview Weds AM.. I know I just started a new job, but, I applied for this job at the same time....I really want this job....so...I will have to shine.

It still pays less, however, it is working for a planning commission doing intake to help individuals pay for heating, get their homes insulated...and several other programs like those. Since the economy crashed and after almost 2 years of unemployment the only jobs I have been able to find are Customer Service (seems no one likes my BA in history..dammit Jim!) which I have done for far too many years..I'm burnt out.

Helping individuals get their needs met sounds/feels far more satisfying than what I am currently doing or have been doing. Also, I have a feeling it can open the door to other jobs? Hopefully? So...I am really want to put my best food forward and hope I can wow them! :)

x0emnem0x

Words.
Mi madre found her Nextbook Android Tablet and she likes her Kindle white book, she won't use the tablet and lost it forever, but found it, and now it is in my posession. Just lost in between figuring out if I should keep it or be nice and give it to my sister. Anyway, I saw it had a hotspot thing on it so I am hoping I can access wifi through it to at least watch Netflix when I babysit tonight and tomorrow.

Gingembre

radar detector
Night shift tomorrow night = good excuse for a looong lie-in/duvet day tomorrow. Mustn't tire myself out, what?! :D

ScreamingChicken

WVMountainrear's Husband
My fiancé suggested that when we are pronounced man & wife by my mom (yep, she's performing the service) we are going to leave to "Gonna Fly Now"...the theme from "Rocky". She also said that she is fine with a Star Wars them cake topper. Oh, and did I mention at she likes to watch pro wrestling with me?

Luckiest...guy...ever! :D

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I got to have a late breakfast with my niece today as this new place called Super Chef's (http://mysuperchefs.com/) the food is freakin' amazing. They are already opening a second place after 6 months here. If in Columbus Ohio ever for Breakfast/Lunch I highly recommend. My niece lives about an hour east of me and this is not something we always get to do since I moved to Columbus. She is the person I am closest to in my family and I miss not having her so close. So, some time spent together was great.

Then, I spent over an hour in the freezing cold at the dog park and met this new guy (new to the area and easy on the eyes hehehe) who was super fun to talk to and has an awesome dog named Tucker (a big old yellow lab). I generally keep my dogs separated due to some issues they have. But, there was no reaction to this dog....and eventually they all played. :) They are both now sound asleep on the couch - maybe they won't get me up 18 times tonight.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
That tomorrow by lunchtime I will be on a plane to California for a whole week. Vacationnnnn! :bounce:

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
That im putting my new punching bag up tommorow. Need to beat the living shit out of it. Better that then some poor bastard haha.

Victoria08

It looks like I'll be going back to England for 3 weeks in July. I just have to get approval from my boss to take my vacation days together and then I'm booking my flights :happy: I'm so excited!

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I got the new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 yesterday - whooo and hoo. I really didn't think I was going to get a new phone until August..apparently Sprint has a new plan and is bribing customers (due to their upgrading the towers folly) with new phones to stay with them..and it worked. My niece, her husband and I all upgraded yesterday to the Framily plan ..so, that was exciting. However, I do believe this phone is wayyyy too much technology for me...I swear I'm a Luddite.

Also, had my job interview today. And I think it went excellent..hoping I get a second call back. Would love to work there..the benefits are excellent!

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
I was beginning to worry about this last weeks food. We spent almost everything we had to bury my niece. Today a friend stopped by with some groceries that might help us get through until the first of the month. We are blessed.

Extinctor100

Looking for Angels
I was beginning to worry about this last weeks food. We spent almost everything we had to bury my niece. Today a friend stopped by with some groceries that might help us get through until the first of the month. We are blessed.
Great to hear there are some guardian angels making sure you're able to get by after everything that's happened. Still praying for you all...

I'm happy today because it's shaping up to be an incredibly relaxing evening: hot lattes with Irish cream and a new warm quilt while I listen to music and write. What an end to the week. :D

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
My bestie mailed me a bunch of store coupons from her state for a chain that only has a few stores in my state but I drove over because they were all .26 cents for a bunch of things I use. So I saved a third of my grocery bill and now can put that money towards a utility bill.

Plus, one of the coupons was for a bouquet of fresh flowers. 26 cents!!!!

They couldn't believe it at the store and asked me where they came from. I said they said they're good at every store in that chain and they said that was okay but they never saw them before. One of the managers figured it was from my friend's state and they're price-buster coupons but totally legit, so they were fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts