What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna

wait...what?
Moved to my new position today at work. It's a lateral move title wise, a microscopic cut in pay (less than $5 a month,) but the stress should be much easier to manage. I literally get a new perspective as I was moved to another part of the department. I have a window to the outside again! I can look at blue skies in the late afternoon when I start to feel the gray cubicle walls closing in on me!

I've been a supervisor for 3 years now and I finally realized that it's killing me inside. I'm far better managing tasks and data than I am at managing people. My boss is a micro-manager and she expected me to manage my team the same way. I cannot. I tried, much to my shame and regret. But I ended up hating myself at the end of the day and I am pretty sure my team didn't like me very much either though to their credit they never said it. I sat in my desk this afternoon and cried quietly for a few minutes after I got everything organized. At first I thought I was crying because I was sad...it took me a few moments to realize I was crying from relief.

If this opportunity hadn't presented itself, they might have lost me. I'm happy I have a new challenge to conquer, and new things to learn. I'm even happier that it came with no change in my tenure and benefits. The insurance, despite it's ridiculous cost, is worth every dime and then some.

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
Congratulations! I've been in a similar situation before and I know about that feeling of relief. Glad you are in a better place for you.

Moved to my new position today at work. It's a lateral move title wise, a microscopic cut in pay (less than $5 a month,) but the stress should be much easier to manage. I literally get a new perspective as I was moved to another part of the department. I have a window to the outside again! I can look at blue skies in the late afternoon when I start to feel the gray cubicle walls closing in on me!

I've been a supervisor for 3 years now and I finally realized that it's killing me inside. I'm far better managing tasks and data than I am at managing people. My boss is a micro-manager and she expected me to manage my team the same way. I cannot. I tried, much to my shame and regret. But I ended up hating myself at the end of the day and I am pretty sure my team didn't like me very much either though to their credit they never said it. I sat in my desk this afternoon and cried quietly for a few minutes after I got everything organized. At first I thought I was crying because I was sad...it took me a few moments to realize I was crying from relief.

If this opportunity hadn't presented itself, they might have lost me. I'm happy I have a new challenge to conquer, and new things to learn. I'm even happier that it came with no change in my tenure and benefits. The insurance, despite it's ridiculous cost, is worth every dime and then some.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Just having an old friend. Regardless of the bullshit you've put each other through, and the small issues, it's nice to know that when I needed him most because no one else was around, he was there. And we've almost known each other for 8 years. Just puts a smile on my face to know I have someone like that.

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
I went to the St. Louis Auto Show earlier today. So many nice cars to see and sit in. I test drove some new cars at the show, a Fiat 500L, a Jeek Cherokee, and a Toyota RAV4.

Iannathedriveress

Random Heroine
I went to a bicycle expo show near were I live and it was pretty good. There were plenty of bikes, old and new, along with bike accessories and many clubs and orginizations out today.

ODFFA

I fiiinally got my contact lenses today!

They were way overdue on delivery and, considering the arm and leg I feel it costs me, it's so nice to hold this little box of confidence boosting vision enhancement in my hand. Very much done with these glasses for a while. :D

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer

Yay for you, for knowing when you were in the wrong place, and getting out. And yay for your employer, for making it possible and keeping an awesome worker (but BOOOOO to your old boss!)

I fiiinally got my contact lenses today!

They were way overdue on delivery and, considering the arm and leg I feel it costs me, it's so nice to hold this little box of confidence boosting vision enhancement in my hand. Very much done with these glasses for a while. :D
Woot, vision! I eventually had to stop using my contacts regularly because my eyes get too dry, but they were pretty awesome for a decade or so. Aside from not having to wear glasses, you get more complete, natural, vision.

Enjoy, and be good at following the maintenance!

lille

My supervisor at my practicum said that if they had the money in the budget she'd hire me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

penguin

Fnord
The school year has started again, and my daughter is now in grade two. Her excitement about that and about being able to go back to learning more is adorable. This means I get some me time again, which is something else to be happy about.

After a weekend of incredible agony, my hip and back are heading back towards normal. I could do with a good massage to speed it up, but at least I can do things without swearing or crying in pain again.

Victoria08

I got a much-needed new camera for my birthday :)
And my flight to England has been booked! Super excited to see my family and friends again!

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I got my hair did :: happy booty dance :: - it looks awesome! And best friend is being dismissed from hospital tomorrow (however, now all of his laundry I put off that I told him I would do....well..doing that now..boo and hiss! lol)

Extinctor100

Looking for Angels
I cried a little when I got it.
I cried a little too... that is a thing of beauty. :happy: Makes me want to read my Essential Guide collection and my Star Wars Encyclopedia now...

I'm happy that today is our warmest day this week before it starts to snow again tonight. I even went for a walk! It's amazing how nice 20 degrees feels after days of single-digit and sub-zero temperatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts