What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Got to hang out with my old friend. We went to the mall and walked around, he bought me a smoothie. It was a fun time. ^_^

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
For weeks now, i have heard a low hum, thinking our heater was kicking on without blowing air into the house. It's loud enough i can hear it in the living room, many rooms away from the unit (it sits outside our bedroom in the back yard). I have gone outside to investigate the noise and it'd stop by the time i put my shoes on to go investigate it. I thought something was wrong with our heater since it would make the noise and not push hot air out. Well hubs went out this afternoon and said it was our neighbors heater turning on. I am THAT sensitive to sound! The noise has even woken me up while sleeping with ear plugs in. Why does this make me happy? I'm happy that our furnace is working fine and it was just the neighbors noise. Breath of relief!

NewfieGal

Live laugh love always :)
Oh we've had it much colder then -20 Celsius that's why I was so happy it was only -20 lol, also happy today that I live on this part of the island and not the eastern part who are getting 30cm of snow while we are getting only 5 woo hoo

penguin

Fnord
DimensionsModel
I am really happy that my daughter's surgery (to remove her tonsils and adenoids) went fine, that she was finally able to keep some food and drink down, and most importantly, that we're HOME. Having to try to sleep in a recliner chair wasn't fun, and we had an awesome nap in my bed once we got back. Here's to hoping her recovery goes well!

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
I am really happy that my daughter's surgery (to remove her tonsils and adenoids) went fine, that she was finally able to keep some food and drink down, and most importantly, that we're HOME. Having to try to sleep in a recliner chair wasn't fun, and we had an awesome nap in my bed once we got back. Here's to hoping her recovery goes well!
Happy to hear the surgery went well! :happy: I had my tonsils out as an adult and it was not a pleasant experience! :(

x0emnem0x

Words.
Went out with mi madre even though I only got like 5 hours of sleep. Stopped at the mall, had some chinese and a smoothie. Good day so far! :)

one2one

Sentient little hedonist
My entire family headed north for the weekend. We're in a beautiful penthouse town home on the shore of Lake Superior. There is a fire burning in the fireplace, we're finishing lasagna and an apple tart while watching the opening ceremonies. It is a very good night. :)

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
My entire family headed north for the weekend. We're in a beautiful penthouse town home on the shore of Lake Superior. There is a fire burning in the fireplace, we're finishing lasagna and an apple tart while watching the opening ceremonies. It is a very good night. :)
Sounds like heaven! Enjoy! Esp. the lasagna...it's my favorite food!

sco17

A day off of work, my favorite football(soccer) team playing and my one non workout day of the week. It has the makings of a great Saturday.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
The right tires for the conditions make ALL the difference!

I had a rear-drive sports car back when I was in the Intermountain West. With the stock tires it'd get stuck in less than an inch of snow. (On non-icy pavement it handled like it was on rails. Drop the temps below freezing and you couldn't get it out of the parking lot.) Decent all-weather tires made it a lot more useful and at times, downright FUN... Heh.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
For weeks now, i have heard a low hum, thinking our heater was kicking on without blowing air into the house. It's loud enough i can hear it in the living room, many rooms away from the unit (it sits outside our bedroom in the back yard). I have gone outside to investigate the noise and it'd stop by the time i put my shoes on to go investigate it. I thought something was wrong with our heater since it would make the noise and not push hot air out. Well hubs went out this afternoon and said it was our neighbors heater turning on. I am THAT sensitive to sound! The noise has even woken me up while sleeping with ear plugs in. Why does this make me happy? I'm happy that our furnace is working fine and it was just the neighbors noise. Breath of relief!
I can hear my neighbor's heat pump when it cranks up during the summer. I think you need Michael Jackson's enhanced sleep chamber. (or DareDevil's)

LordSheogorath

"Merc'! Merc'!"
I'm happiest about my beautiful daughter, and her mother, and really thankful I have a decent job- even though I hate it and I'd rather be back in the military.

My daughter and her momma' are my motivators, and they are both so beautiful and loving.

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I got the job!!!!

It is an offer - based on passing drug test (which will be fine) and then background and references - should be good. I would start a week from tomorrow!! :: doing happy booty dance:: Still..holding breath a little...but, I'm so stoked!

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
I got the job!!!!

It is an offer - based on passing drug test (which will be fine) and then background and references - should be good. I would start a week from tomorrow!! :: doing happy booty dance:: Still..holding breath a little...but, I'm so stoked!
PS - they offered it to me at a higher pay rate than what they interviewed me at!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I got the job!!!!

Awesome! I have my fingers crossed for you that all carries on smoothly with no last minute hitches.

I'm sure when you walk in for the first actual day of work you'll feel like a half-ton weight has lifted from your shoulders :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
I can hear my neighbor's heat pump when it cranks up during the summer. I think you need Michael Jackson's enhanced sleep chamber. (or DareDevil's)
You'd think after years of sleeping next to a snorer that i'd be used to noises in the night but no. I sleep with ear plugs in and sometimes a white noise app blasting on my tablet. I am really sensitive to mechanical/electronic noise. I also think they must keep their house WAY warmer than we keep ours, that sucker seems to be on all the time.
When Max gets his hearing tested, it's in a room that i'd love to build for my sleeping. IT's so serene and quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts