Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highsteppa

Kneel before Zod
On my day off today:

All rain, temperatures above 0 degrees Celsius today
Went and picked up a pre-ordered game that came out last week.
Went to my favorite burger joint which is on the other side of town.
Managed to locate a magazine that I was looking for (usually have to hunt around the city for it)
Came across new sneakers that I've been looking for while I was in the U.S. at a discounted price no less.

Hoping to go see Noah later on this afternoon if I can squeeze in the time.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
I am super excited to be taking a road trip to Colorado this summer for 3 nights of Phish. The trip isn't until close to Labor Day, but it's definitely something to look forward to!

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Let me tell you about the best shiz that happened to me today.

My new position is the office manager for OT/PT/ST therapies based out of two assisted living facilities. One of the facilities is independent living (own apartments), assisted living and dementia/Alzheimer's unit. Part of my job is to take the intake paperwork to the tenants living in the independent side. Today was one of those days.

I go to the client's door, knock and I'm greeted by this shorter, pleasant elderly man. He reminds me somewhat of the character on Up, but thinner and Hispanic. He invites me in and he has old school Dean Martin playing on a record player (yes folks, they still exist) in the background. NOTHING beats the sound of vinyl, especially if it's Deano's voice.

We sit, and talk. I am totally loving the environment. We go through the intake paperwork and just share life stories. He tells me about his wife, their life in the 50s, kids.

All the while the sun is shining and good, soulful music is playing.

This, was my "happy" of today.

Oona

¬.¬
Finally feeling good enough about myself (outside of the safety of this group) to post a half naked picture and basically tell people to eff off because I'm happy.

I started a blog. And as an introduction, I stripped myself of all my masks, and clothes, and introduced myself without apologies.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
My bestie moved back down to the Coast from living 5 hours away from me for WAY too long.

I'm treating her to a pedicure and lunch tomorrow. :p

Saoirse

Been feeling really really low lately. Things with the new guy fizzled out (this time it was my doing), both of my jobs are stressing me out, Im having money problems (as in- I dont fucking make enough of it), home-life has been frustrating and a late-night interaction with the FWB left me feeling less than stellar (he fucking invited me over! then gave me bullshit for coming over!)

But this evening, a friend called. I saw him the past 4 days. He said he knew something was wrong, especially since I was so quiet and sad all day yesterday. So he demanded to know what was going on.

He's not generally that type of person. I go days without hearing from him and he never calls my house, most of our interaction is through Facebook or email, since I dont have a cell phone. But tonight, he called. He said he really does care about me and he wants to know if Im ok. So I told him some things. I dont need to tell him everything. We're not like that.

But he called. And he was very sweet and even though hes poor as fuck, he wanted to take me to get ice cream. I declined. He shouldnt spend what minuscule amount of money he has on me. But it was sweet of him to offer. :wubu:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
A childhood friend came for the weekend and brought me a bunch of plants and a big shopping bag of k-kups coffee, hot cocoas, and teas. She was at a flea market and the guy at the stand gave away a whole garbage bag full of them because he just had a fresh stock shipment. My friend's daughter took it and when I was talking to my friend about coffee (asking if she drinks it) she told me she liked instant, so I got a small jar for her, but that I had a Keurig machine. She said she wished she'd known because she gave a whole garbage bag of them to her daughter. She talked to her daughter and when she arrived, she surprised me with over 75 k-cups and just in time. My delivery was lost by the Fedex guy, so it was perfect timing. Eventually my delivery was found on the steps of a vacant apartment and brought around by my landlord, the day after my friend left.

Also, Wonton and Lotus are doing great, and a fan sent Sequin a three gallon aquarium so his 1.5 gallon tank wouldn't inevitably be knocked over by the cats, and also a betta hammock. The cats also got a flat of gourmet canned food as well, so we all got gifts this weekend!

ODFFA

I woke up, for some odd reason, with a sore neck and a bit of a headache. I'm so glad (not always, but in principle :p ) to have a dog that needs me to let him out every morning.

I was out in the garden before the sun had even risen and it was soooo beautifully misty! Weird aches and pains were almost instantly forgotten and I couldn't tear myself away from the garden for the next 20 minutes. Amazing start to the day :happy:

BigBeautifulMe

That was a heart.
I got engaged over the weekend, and I still can't believe it every time I see the ring on my hand. Thanks, Dims. :wubu:
BIG congrats! Best wishes and many years of happiness to both of you. :) Also, hmm, maybe I should find and bump that ring thread. :D

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
It's our friday. It's been a long week and i'm looking forward to martial arts tonight. I need an outlet.. i hope my sore back is ok for it. I pulled something in Tuesdays class.

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
It's so very rare to bare witness to Karma instilling her wrath, but when you do, it's best to just smile and thank her.

Status
Not open for further replies.