What Are You Happy About Today? Part 2

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
I just realized something.
A few months ago during the 40th anniversary hullabaloo over Hello Kitty, Sanrio mentioned that the adorable cartoon character was actually a 9 year old girl.
Let's see... 1974... +9... YES! When I was in High School she really wasn't underage after all!

HelllllllO Kitty!

BCHolly

DimensionsModel
Happy that the kids are in bed, boyfriend's out and I have time to CHILL :) bliss x

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
A little trivial, but I'm nerding out right over AppleTV. Just picked one up this morning, absolutely loving it so far. I may cancel my cable...

I'm a sucker for new gadgets. :smitten:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Two things (each the inverse of things posted elsewhere here):
The reasonably fast internets stopped working, but they had someone come out (unannounced in the middle of the night -- I only noticed 'cause I was on my porch at the time) to fiddle with the boxes/wires on the phone poles and now they work again.
The plumbers got the water working again, and it's better than it's ever been since I moved back here. Yay hot and cold running water! Still a few days of work left to do before it's all done, but lots of progress.

veggieforever

High Carb Low Fat Vegan
I am thankful for having NO HANGOVER! New Years Day and I am blissfully energetic and productive due to skipping alcohol completely on Old Years Night! I usually have a cotton wool head and a tummy like a washing machine on its spin cycle on Jan 1st - but not today! This year I have decided I'm eliminating the booze, caffeine and vegan junk snack foods to hopefully feel marvellous throughout this year (and many more!) and by jingo - it's working already! lol xXx

Victoria08

I just feel really happy in general. I've taken a little bit of break and I seem to have got my anxiety under control, which I am so thrilled about. I've been feeling really confident about my body and I just generally have more of a glass-half-full outlook :)

Glad to be back on here.

Saoirse

Went to the general store on my lunch break to get a hot sandwich (its fucking freezing and snowy in western MA!) and offered to do some shoveling for the ladies working. They needed the propane tanks cleared off and shoveled around and since I LOVE SHOVELING, I hopped to it while my food cooked. Came back inside to a hot, yummy FREE lunch! On the house! :eat1:

Do nice things and nice things happen to you. :) I love that little store and everyone that works there!

mermaid8

mermaid
I guess right now I'm happy that I'm all snuggled up into warm bed drinking a cup of hot tea and watching late breaking world news reports on msnbc.....this is my idea of de-stressing hehehe.

Tracyarts

I got tickets to see Rush on their 40th anniversary tour in May!

I saw them in concert for the first time in 1984, and then for every tour since then that came to Houston until 1994. I haven't seen them on any recent tours but have really wanted to. I either was working nights and couldn't get off, didn't have the money for tickets, or was too mobility compromised to manage an arena show.

Last year I told myself that the next time they came through Houston, I was going to be there. The other day my other significant other told me they were going on tour and coming to Houston, so I made it happen. Not sure who's going with me. Neither significant others are Rush fans like I am. I'll figure that out closer to the concert date.

Saoirse

My Pa just stopped by my work to drop off my mail, a huge piece of cake that his gf made, and NEW BOOTS!!! My winter boots are rapidly falling apart. A friend gave them to me this fall, when she was moving back to FL and had no need for them. While they were already used, they were in pretty decent shape and Im so grateful she left them for me, cause I really needed them this winter. Sadly, I wore them so much that the rubber started cracking and splitting and pretty soon i had a giant hole on the side of each boot. They have felt liners which is nice, but snow still got in and made my feet wet and cold.

But Pa and the lady were shopping yesterday, saw some nice boots on sale and bought me a pair. Finally, my feet will stay warm and toasty for the rest of the winter!!!!

My Pa is THE BEST!!!!!!!! :wubu:

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Ladies and Gentlemen...I am pleased to announce that after much searching I have found my ice cream maker.

(Holds up box a-la Lion King)

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Sweet! I want to get one myself. :eat2:
I highly recommend it! There's a learning curve, as the slightest ingredient error can screw up the whole thing (too hard, too soft, etc...), but when it works it's so good!

For example- after a day in the freezer my current batch is a bit harder than I like, so next time I'll either be adding a bit more sugar or a teaspoon of vodka to soften it up.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
Nice! I have a feeling i'm going to be testing it out this summer. Thanks for the info!

:eat2:

I highly recommend it! There's a learning curve, as the slightest ingredient error can screw up the whole thing (too hard, too soft, etc...), but when it works it's so good!

For example- after a day in the freezer my current batch is a bit harder than I like, so next time I'll either be adding a bit more sugar or a teaspoon of vodka to soften it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts