Quantcast

What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Rehearsal Christmas lunch! Why have I never considered this before!? :D
it's a great tradition I started about 5 or 6 years ago with and for a friend. Her husband was abroad on service for several months including Christmas holiday so we decided to start this. It was a great success back then and every year after.

penguin

Fnord
DM Supporter
I joined dims just over ten years ago, and it’s been one of the best things I’ve done. I did disappear for a while there, but I’m back now. Being here has done so much for my self esteem, and I’ve met so many great people. Plus, I love sharing photos of me 😇 I’m happy that dims is still here!

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
I joined dims just over ten years ago, and it’s been one of the best things I’ve done. I did disappear for a while there, but I’m back now. Being here has done so much for my self esteem, and I’ve met so many great people. Plus, I love sharing photos of me 😇 I’m happy that dims is still here!
Same. I found Dims around the time I was absolutely fed up with thinking I was unattractive because I was fat. It helped change my perception in such a good way and like you, met lots of very cool people in the process. I am sure it has helped/opened the eyes of many of us.

ETA, so happy that I only work a half day tomorrow and then on holiday! 🎄🎉

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I play a cell phone game called Ingress. A community based, PVP, free for the moment, introvert attracting, not nearly as popular as Pokemon Go or Harry Potter Wizards Unite, but just as addicting. What am I happy about? Losing myself in this chaotic Covid nightmare for a few hours during my PTO Christmas vacation. :)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I play a cell phone game called Ingress. A community based, PVP, free for the moment, introvert attracting, not nearly as popular as Pokemon Go or Harry Potter Wizards Unite, but just as addicting. What am I happy about? Losing myself in this chaotic Covid nightmare for a few hours during my PTO Christmas vacation. :)
I've been playing Pokemon Go and Wizards Unite since they came out, and while I still like having something to do when out on a walk, I may be a bit bored with both. I've wondered if Ingress holds up? I know it was Niantic's first of such games, does it still have a lot of game play to it? Is it good for doing stuff as you walk along, or is it more location based (get to a spot then do things)?

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Ingress has that endless factor much like Pogo and Wizards. But it has more direct PVP with destruction of your opponents territory allowing you to build and defend portals (Pokestops) and create fields (tiny/super triangles). You choose a faction for life, Enlightened (green) or Resistance (blue). There is a badge system of keeping track of uniques, captures, building, deploying etc. And if you top out at level 16, you have the option of starting over "recursion" with all your experience and badges intact, but as far as the game is concerned, you're level one again. I've recursed four times. Most players never make it to 16. Pre-Covid there were scheduled events worldwide for group PVP and exploring the city of the hosting party. I attended these Anomalys / Mission Days in Vegas, Denver, Cheyenne, and Phoenix, with the pin swapping / swag buys etc. The median age of the players of this game? Us. Middle age and retireds. Clear as mud?

Reactions: Tad

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Audiobooks have opened so many new worlds to me. When I read books I have a tendency to revert to my old college method of reading comprehension of reading the same sentence or paragraph until it sticks. An audiobook doesn't do this, and the story continues. I'm currently reading Rick Bragg's books about the depression era south and the hard life faced by his kin. Ava's Man, the Best Cook in the World, and All over but the shoutin.

Latest posts