What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

I am very happy today because I had dental surgery on Monday and the pain and trouble was far, far less than what I was told it would be. As in there was almost no pain, and the dentist was done in less than 10 minutes!

And because I have been prescribed Vicodin and I've taken one pill at 10 PM for the last two nights and, for the first time in years, years, years, I have slept through two nights straight through and have woken up, again for the first time, completely rested and full of energy.

What a concept!

I've got 20 pills but I know after tonight I'm going to have to stop because I'm told the drug is addictive as hell - and now I see why.

But anyway - great mood! Optimistic! The world seems bright!

(Also, in case anyone wishes to offer "advice," this is after hot tea, avoiding water for a few hours before bedtime, avoiding naps, avoiding caffeine, getting plenty of exercise, trying and giving up Ambien (ended up sleepwalking and it didn't work anyway, after awhile) Melatonin (drowsy the next day, and doesn't work after awhile) and staying up as late as I possibly can in order to lie down when I am truly ready for sleep.)

Luv 2 all LARRY

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
- Slowly getting back into the regular gym grind.
- I've been fairly focused and determined lately.
- Still spending most of my days alone. Even though finding Ms. Right is still a priority it bothers me so much less than it did in my early 20s. Maybe the thoughts get uncomfortable at times, but I'm coping with it. I'm just living my life, aspiring to be better, and am grateful for every new day.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Spring came calling yesterday, with brilliant blue eyes and that warm golden smile that can soften even Winter's frozen heart. It scattered puddles to be splashed in by kids and cars and cleared away the veneer of snow coating stairs and benches. Then Winter decided such frivolity was too much and the sky clouded over with conflict, and after a muttering of rain Spring is swirling away again, and Winter is roaring that its time is not done, and that our final seminar of the season shall be on the science of slipping.

But Spring gave a wink on the way out, and we know it will be waiting to dance back into our lives soon!

Last edited:

Tracyarts

I'm happy because our backyard garden plans are coming together nicely. My husband has built several wood racks to hold the buckets I grow plants in. It raises them off the ground so wild rabbits can't reach them and so I can work on the plants while sitting on a chair. I've started planting some things already and hope to have a nice little vegetable and herb garden this spring.

IMG_20210228_163156_101.jpg

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I'm happy because our backyard garden plans are coming together nicely. My husband has built several wood racks to hold the buckets I grow plants in. It raises them off the ground so wild rabbits can't reach them and so I can work on the plants while sitting on a chair. I've started planting some things already and hope to have a nice little vegetable and herb garden this spring.

View attachment 140381
Gotta love a man who's good with his hands and knows his way around power tools. I LOVE your backyard!

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy today, because I ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen for about five years outside the supermarket. The first thing that he said was, "Jeez, you have put on a lot of weight!" I don't suppose that I have to say explicitly that I'm also happy, because I'm a fat man.