What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Even if I appreciate my regular parcel deliveries I am happy I was out for shopping in a real store for clothes today. Mainly for kids stuff and shoes.
For two people It only required organizing two appointments online for a covid test, going through the drive in for the test, (tested negative), booking online two appointments at the first store and booking two slots at the second store - via phone - talking to a real person... wild.🤪.

Needless to mention that I spent some money. The only thing I bought for myself was this necklace.
20210427_181255.jpg

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Lovely necklace, Anna! And wow, what a process to be able to visit the stores (then again, here we just aren't allowed to go into stores for non-essentials at all)
Thank you @Tad ! I have no occasion in mind when I could wear this necklace soon though.

For four days (since last year November) the mentioned "click & meet" procedure applies now. Infection numbers going up and down here. Three days in a row above a certain incident/100,000 ppl in the region closes the stores again.
I took the chance today because I expect closed stores (except grocery stores) within the next days as numbers are rising again. Procedure then is "click & collect" - haven't done that. In this case I use the more convenient services of deliveries to my home.

i hope in a reasonable period of time things go back to a new normal life.
Not only for shopping.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I found a piece of puzzle that I've been missing.
Congratulations! @littlefairywren
I am hoping to be able to post a similar "happy about" soon, twice or more often bc I am missing at least two pieces from two different puzzles..

I am happy about today that all birthday gifts I ordered for my son arrived on time. Even those ordered at short notice.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
To avoid the annoyance of puzzle pieces that go into hiding, you might consider doing online puzzles at Crazy4Jigsaws.com. The pieces are guaranteed to stay on the screen.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy today because I spent aver NZ$50 on rocks including iolite, red & black obsidian, larimar rough, pink calcite rhomboid, pineapple calcite rough and green opal rough; and because I got my free 'flu' vaccination; and because our Member of Parliament agreed to give me an appointment about our neighbourhood problem; and because we had a nice political meeting this evening (about which my lips have to be sealed on Dims); and because I ate so much today; and (mostly) because I'm a fat man.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
I'm happy today because I spent aver NZ$50 on rocks including iolite, red & black obsidian, larimar rough, pink calcite rhomboid, pineapple calcite rough and green opal rough; and because I got my free 'flu' vaccination; and because our Member of Parliament agreed to give me an appointment about our neighbourhood problem; and because we had a nice political meeting this evening (about which my lips have to be sealed on Dims); and because I ate so much today; and (mostly) because I'm a fat man.
I love pink rocks. :)

Tracyarts

My husband started a new job. He lost his job in December when his company was sold and everyone was laid off. A few were hired back by the company that bought it, but he wasn't one of them, only one person he knows personally was hired back. Prospects were pretty bleak for quite a while. Lots of companies taking resumes and even setting up initial interviews. But very little hiring. Most of the hiring has been contract work with no benefits and no set workload and that wouldn't work for us. But companies have been doing more interviewing and hiring lately and he got a good offer. It's not what he wanted but it's something he's very experienced with, and the pay and benefits are good. Maybe it's a stopover before something else comes along. But if not, it's still a good job with an established company, so it will be secure. We're more relieved than excited. But still happy.