What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I got to try a new (to me) food today: frozen ashta (ashta is a lebanese (and vicinity?) clotted cream flavored with rose and or orange water, apparently, here it was frozen and served like gelato or ice cream). The texture was a surprise because I'd thought it was just a flavor of gelato, not an entirely different thing, but it wasn't unpleasant, just a bit chewier (? not sure I'm describing it well, sort of like a very, very, soft bubble gum texture), with a mild flavor. It was pretty decent. I'll probably get one of their sorbets or gelatos next time I go, but I'd certainly have this stuff again in the abstract.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
It seems I get used to this Covid testing procedure and I have a preferred testing staff member at my drive-in testing site. A tall BHM who's taking the test very gently. I was about to tell him this when he said: "I've tested you before!"
(Quite remarkable, there are about 10 people every 10 minutes, 7 days a weekand last time he took my test was at least 2 weeks ago.)
So I got recognized and people seem to remember me. Most likely because of my size. (Or maybe because I was perfectly organized - who knows.) Many years I felt a bit uncomfortable when something like that happened. Now I just feel good about it.

LeoGibson

Happy
I so agree! It's been sweltering here, mid 80s with almost 100% humidity! It's supposed to cool off a little this weekend thankfully!
That’s adorable!! Around here, mid 80’s is what we would consider cooling down. I get so jealous of northern summers but the trade off is awesome winters so I guess it balances out.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
some things that made me happy today..

- Weather turned from cloudy and cold in the morning to sunny and warm in the afternoon.

- I was tested negative for covid which is required atm to go to stores or cafes.

- I went to stores and a cafe.

- I enjoyed wonderful pistachio ice cream with an espresso outside at a cafe.

20210529_193817.jpg

- I bought a lot of things that are nice to have in a store instead of ordering online. One parcel less to be delivered. And I have these items right now and don't have to wait. There are sticky notes, scrapbooks, drawing material with polar bears and/ or panda bears on them - I couldn't resist.

20210529_193013.jpg

- I bought nice flowers for my balcony. Together with my homegrown plants and those bigger ones I bought because homegrown haven't grown further than 3 cm during the last weeks (tomato & peppers) and my herbs - the new urban gardening season on my balcony has started.
One of the flowers is looking suspicious and dangerous I was told 😬

20210529_192442.jpg

- I made a 7 y.o. happy with buying a whoopie cushion, a purchase I might regret soon.

- I bought cake from a very nice bakery including their famous chocolate mud cake which I call different, but only when there are no children around.

20210529_174853.jpg

- I managed to take a 40 min nap which was planned to be 30 min only because I would have been late for my testing appointment. I wasn't late, I am happy about that too.

This was a very nice day. Haven't had this for a while.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter

- Weather turned from cloudy and cold in the morning to sunny and warm in the afternoon.

- I was tested negative for covid which is required atm to go to stores or cafes.

View attachment 142365

- I bought a lot of things that are nice to have in a store instead of ordering online. One parcel less to be delivered. And I have these items right now and don't have to wait. There are sticky notes, scrapbooks, drawing material with polar bears and/ or panda bears on them - I couldn't resist.

View attachment 142366

- I bought nice flowers for my balcony. Together with my homegrown plants and those bigger ones I bought because homegrown haven't grown further than 3 cm during the last weeks (tomato & peppers) and my herbs - the new urban gardening season on my balcony has started.

View attachment 142367

- I made a 7 y.o. happy with buying a whoopie cushion, a purchase I might regret soon.

- I bought cake from a very nice bakery including their famous chocolate mud cake which I call different, but only when there are no children around.

View attachment 142368

- I managed to take a 40 min nap which was planned to be 30 min only because I would have been late for my testing appointment. I wasn't late, I am happy about that too.

Everything about this made me smile...all of your post, hon.
I have a weird thing for stationary, pretty papers and pens. So nice!

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter

View attachment 142365

View attachment 142366

View attachment 142367

View attachment 142368

You may indeed regret the whoopie cushion! Lolol! 🤣

PeartyB

The hilarity of Gordon Ramsays video "A quick and simple dinner" where he made a meal that required around 25 ingredients did make me laugh and smile today......