What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
What a day it has been...

- First day off of 3 weeks.
- Cold is gone now.
- Went to the hairdresser after almost one year.
- Took a wrong exit on the city motorway plus another wrong turn and had to follow a detour of 10 min when it started raining, like real heavy rain for about 10 min. When I finally arrived at my destination I had best sunny weather.
- I was on time - even with the 10 min extra driving - for my second covid shot.

20210728_160554.jpg

To celebrate this day I went to a restaurant afterwards where I was basically asked ' "You need the menu or you'll go for the usual?" 😅
And of course it was the same as usual.

(Saganaki Cheese with salad, my drink: passion fruit Soda btw).

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Congrats on the new hair and second shot, Anna!

================================

July has been a huge grind for me at work, having to do work almost every evening and weekend. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'd hoped to have it all wrapped up in July and I think it will spill over a bit farther, but still, almost there!

Tracyarts

I've been feeling a little better. My doctor changed my medications and my autoimmune disease isn't affecting me quite as bad as it was earlier this month.(For a while I was only able to go from bed to recliner.) I've been able to move around the house better this week and think I'll be able to get out for a while on Sunday.

Tracyarts

I didn't get out this weekend but I went out on the deck and worked with my container plants some. Pruned and harvested from a huge lemon balm plant to dehydrate the trimmed leaves for tea. Transplanted some tiny micro tomato plants (can be grown in a flowerpot on a porch or in a sunny windowsill). Transplanted a baby patchouli plant into a bigger pot. And, harvested some miniature eggplant (little fingers and fairytale varieties) to use in tonight's supper. Oh, and watched a big fat bumblebee totally go nuts on the flowers of the basil plants I let go to flower. I really enjoy watching the bumblebees. They're awfully cute.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I had my second covid shot today, finally! I can start arranging to live life normally again. I actually got some amazing news a few minutes ago that Baylie, the great-granddaughter of my dog, Luna, has had 9 healthy puppies! A new generation of Lunalings! We are going to see them in a few weeks time for some official business, but also to go pet them!

My first arranged outing now I'm able is to go see Luna's great great grandbabies, how fitting! Here's a picture of the Luna beast back in the day!

1627920833477.png

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
A couple of things are making me happy;

The symptoms from my second Covid shot seem to be easing, so I'm starting to feel like me again.

I am now the excited owner of my very first cast iron Dutch oven! I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, and now I can't wait to christen it. It is the prettiest soft grey colour, although it looks a little blue in the photo...

20210805_140005.jpg

Shotha

DM Supporter

The symptoms from my second Covid shot seem to be easing, so I'm starting to feel like me again.

I am now the excited owner of my very first cast iron Dutch oven! I've wanted one of these for as long as I can remember, and now I can't wait to christen it. It is the prettiest soft grey colour, although it looks a little blue in the photo...

View attachment 144041
And I always thought that Dutch ovens as just a game. Now that I've learned what they are, I want one too.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer

I'm glad you are feeling more yourself! And those are great, we use ours all of the time (in the cooler part of the year).

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy, because I was on a team at a fundraiser quiz in Wanganui this evening, and because I'm a fat man. It's now ten minutes to midnight and I know that I'll still be happy tomorrow.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy today, because, as we're in lockdown, I had to ride in the back seat of a taxi to go shopping and I couldn't do up the seat belt, because I'm a fat man.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
For the last several weeks I have been painting furniture in my flat. Six pieces to be exact (plus a mirror frame and serving tray), and I've finally finished the rather huge job. I've just got some tables that need to have their tops stained and sealed, and then it's all complete. I'm silly happy that I've managed most of it all by myself, and how it's changed the look of my living space. 😊