What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

call me jolly & I will sleigh you
After spending hours yesterday working with third party hosting company, MyTuner, and changing every password imaginable, checking every encoder and restream option under the sun, I was finally able to bring my personal online radio station back on the air after it broadcasting nothing but dead air for three days. I still couldn't tell you what was wrong, but I rebooted the PC that hosts it for the 50th time and it suddenly works again.

I'm happy to finally have it working again. I was contemplating sacrificing a chicken to it.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I am currently enjoying a cherry freezie. Highlight of the day.

Reactions: Tad

stevita

like the pancake
I'm happy because a friend of mine drew fan art of one of my OCs! I just can't show anyone yet because he's not done with it, but she looks beautiful. (She's a Venus flytrap BBW monster girl whose fruit is extremely calorie dense.)

EDIT: Look at the huge hungry plant mommy!

Artist doesn't have an online presence yet but I'll let you know when it drops in case anyone wants to look at cool sci-fi art sometimes featuring BBW monster girls.

Attachments

• Tumblr_l_1434462770261487.jpg
    Tumblr_l_1434462770261487.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Joker

I'm happy because a friend of mine drew fan art of one of my OCs! I just can't show anyone yet because he's not done with it, but she looks beautiful. (She's a Venus flytrap BBW monster girl whose fruit is extremely calorie dense.)

EDIT: Look at the huge hungry plant mommy!

Artist doesn't have an online presence yet but I'll let you know when it drops in case anyone wants to look at cool sci-fi art sometimes featuring BBW monster girls.
A deviantart account is easy to start.

Donna

Good books, ice cold lemonade, and nothing but the sound of the AC and my O2 machine. 🤓

ETA: Also, peeping a set of the most beautiful brown eyes I know.

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
We are finally getting our shared front stairs (and walkway) re-done. Long story that isn't worth going into here, but a) it is badly needed (they were becoming a hazard), and b) we didn't expect to be able to get anyone to do it until at least next year, but c) a bunch things suddenly aligned and it is in process!

Angelette

There's this anime figurine that I've been searching for a while due to high aftermarket price. But it finally got re-released today and that gave me some serotonin.

I'm almost finished with my art reference for the first page to my sketch book. Very excited to finally start my journey!

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
The Weather here in Virginia. (boring I know)

Weather switched from Summer to early Fall today. Instead of temps in the 90's and dew points in the 70's ... Today 70 degrees and 58 dew point. (YEAH!)

Literally a breath of fresh air. Even had to put on a sweatshirt this morning :)

Donna

Finished my manuscript that I started yesterday...it ended up being close to 60,000 words. It only took two days to write, but it more than likely will take weeks, if not a month or more, to edit and review.

"A story about a hapless, fat witch. And a brooding, sullen vampire.
And a mysterious death that would bring the two of them together."
Took three months, at least ten rewrites and I lost count of the edits, but I finally have a finished draft ready to send to the person whom I hope will be my agent.

Not sure how to celebrate properly...maybe some strawberry frozen yogurt?

Last edited:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Took three months, at least ten rewrites and I lost count of the edits, but I finally have a finished draft ready to send to the person who I hope will be my agent.

Not sure how to celebrate properly...maybe some strawberry frozen yogurt?
Congrats! That is a mammoth task

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
In a queue to get my driver's license renewed. It's lined up all the way outside.

There are numerous bees.
There's a nice ending to this vent. A stranger in line had an extra number that was 40(!) places higher than mine. They called that number, he asked what my number was, then said "we're going in".

I was dumbfounded. I heard of nice people, but it's been so long since I encountered one out in the wild.

I, and my social anxiety, thanked him profusely. Now, the pressure is on to pay it forward.

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
DMV - Sucks wherever you go. Here in Virginia especially. Seems like everyone knows everyone and get in to 15-minute conversations about ... nothing.
Ties up the line.

40 numbers! Take hours here. Good for you.

Do mine online if I can ... even saves 2 bucks on registration (lol)

Joker

DMV - Sucks wherever you go. Here in Virginia especially. Seems like everyone knows everyone and get in to 15-minute conversations about ... nothing.
Ties up the line.

40 numbers! Take hours here. Good for you.
I had a CDL license and that came with a plus. Not only did you get to go to the head of the line, you were ushered to a private section and offered a cold or warm drink.

MattB

Caffeinated
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
We can do almost everything online, unless you need a new picture for your license which is the predicament I found myself in today. I knew I was asking for it going on a Saturday.

I'm not good at waiting in lineups, at all, so it felt good that I lasted as long as I did before I got the golden ticket.

Latest posts