What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

I do not know if it was just a very aggressive bee or a wasp. I have blurry vision due to Rx cardiac meds.
Was not wearing my reading glasses. Went upstairs open the bathroom door, hear a dreadfull hard buzzing noise, try to see where/what....then sort of see it....against window.....is a wide window but narrow height, keep it slightly cracked open for ventilation.......( Our air system in switched off needs a small spare part that has worn out, it is not for sale to individuals, here in EU is some insane rules re houses etc.)
Anyway I reverse to get mop to use long handle to push open window so it can go away......It leaves.
The bathtub is under window step into it with one leg, because need both hands to use window handles that are near ends of window so like 1.20 mtr apart and heavy handled, keep one other leg on tiles.
I have balance issues due to the Rx meds. So pull towards me to leave a thin crack open, step out of bathtub...go put back mop in cupboard.........return to find it inside again.........repeat same procedure then close the window completely.
Then I shower condensation builds up in bathroom. The thing is outside still hitting the window dim buzzing.
Curious thing is, last week the s/o had bees in the building he works, next to house he let them escape but day after he found still many inside and after few days he had a repeat of same thing, was a very aggressive swarm he says.
Lots of angry insects in my garden not sure what is afoot.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm happy today because a few different types of bees and some other insects seem to have all found the bumper crop of flowers on our little patch of raspberry bushes. The last few years we got very few berries, but so far this year looks far more promising.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
My wife and I had a dance lesson today: tango. This is the first time we've been able to dance a tango together since her hip replacement a year ago. It felt great.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
After two days that had less potential to be declared as happy days today offers some aspects to be happy about...

20200620_135645.jpg

We picked up about 3,5 kg ( 7,7 pounds) strawberries. 🍓
I am going to make a delicious strawberry cake for tomorrow and a lot of other tasteful things with them...

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
After two days that had less potential to be declared as happy days today offers some aspects to be happy about...

View attachment 136439

We picked up about 3,5 kg ( 7,7 pounds) strawberries. 🍓
I am going to make a delicious strawberry cake for tomorrow and a lot of other tasteful things with them...
I forgot about the fact that I really have to be happy about today...

When I was picking up these strawberries today I recognized that my mobile phone fell off my pocket 😱😱😱
Due to the fact that I was lazy (as usual) and didn't change the row where I was picking up the berries found it on my way back and I could stop to panic after a few moments.

op user

A like for managing to find the mobile and it is not laziness not to change row - it is a methodically executed mission allowing to concentrate on collecting strawberries rather zig-zaging across the field. Good for you.

Next time make sure your team (people you are with) have a mobile to ring you or connect it to an smartband where you can ask your mobile to identify itself from the band menu.

Last edited:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
A like for managing to find the mobile and it is not laziness not to change row - it is a methodically executed mission allowing to concentrate on collecting strawberries rather zig-zaging across the field. Good for you.

Next time make sure your team has a mobile to ring you or connect it to an smartband where you can ask your mobile to identify itself from the band menu.
a team that can ring me... good idea.. but it probably wouldn't help if my mobile is on mute, I guess. (it is, always)
Anyway.
Here a question for you, @op user : I was about to buy a waterproof case for my mobile. Do you have any idea why I want to buy it?
If you give me the correct answer I owe you a drink, coffee or beer, whatever time of the day it might be when we meet ;)

op user

Maybe you meant to use it in the beach? By the way I love the EDDV addition on your location

Joker

a team that can ring me... good idea.. but it probably wouldn't help if my mobile is on mute, I guess. (it is, always)
Anyway.
Here a question for you, @op user : I was about to buy a waterproof case for my mobile. Do you have any idea why I want to buy it?
If you give me the correct answer I owe you a drink, coffee or beer, whatever time of the day it might be when we meet ;)
I have a few ideas but this is a public forum and I am a gentleman. :D

op user

A friend of mine (I know him since High School) managed to get stuck in down-town since they shut metro service after midnight. I was on the phone with him when he discovered so I made an espresso and drove to pick him up and returned him at a very frustrated wife. It confirmed my idea that a friendship is built (among other things) on small subtle things.

Shotha

DM Supporter
I'm happy, because today I'm going on a Black Lives Matter rally with a friend and then we're going for coffee together, and because I'm a fat man.

Latest posts