Quantcast

What Are You Happy About Today? Part 3

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
This morning I woke up to one of those rarest and most glorious of surprises: I thought the deadline for my paper on personality psychology was today, and that I was due for a day of great cram-writing. Turns out the deadline is next Monday! Eeeeee! So happy!
Six more days to procrastinate! ;)

I'm happy today ... just because? I don't know, I'm just in a good mood.

Tracyarts

I was exploring around the cleared area behind our new house, where it meets the uncleared overgrowth, and found an abundance of maypop (wild passion flower) vines and dewberry (wild blackberry) vines. Both are native species, both bear tasty fruit. There are little green passion fruit everywhere, but I think the rabbits that live in the wild here will get to them before me when they start to ripen.

Before we clear the rest of the lot, I'm going to dig up a bunch of each type of vine to transplant to a more suitable place where I can cultivate them and protect them from the rabbits.

But yeah, while some people consider these to be pest species, I couldn't be happier to have found them on my property. 20200630_154445.jpg

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Supporter
In 2015 I won 53K via sports betting.
As of July I now make more annually than I did that year. Reflecting on this makes me so grateful.

Reactions: Tad

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Well, there are a few things, little things that made my day happier than others.
Your choice what's best:

I drove with my car on the Autobahn for about 2 hrs today.
- Recently repaired, nothing blew up.
- I wasn't caught in a speed trap today ;)
- I saw some cars from the region i come from.
- I saw some funny license plates.
- A song on the radio made me laughing out loud. @Joker it wasn't you in the corner 🤣🤣🤣

Did some shopping, a three hours nap, we had some rain but I only got into it once, unfortunately during lunch.
Which was a delicious one...
20200710_120728.jpg

I had a day off.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm happy that this 2-3 week long stretch of hot weather is supposed to end, with tomorrow being about ten degrees C cooler than today. Any day that is 30C by mid-morning is too hot for me, even before accounting for the humidity.

Joker

Well, there are a few things, little things that made my day happier than others.
Your choice what's best:

I drove with my car on the Autobahn for about 2 hrs today.
- Recently repaired, nothing blew up.
- I wasn't caught in a speed trap today ;)
- I saw some cars from the region i come from.
- I saw some funny license plates.
- A song on the radio made me laughing out loud. @Joker it wasn't you in the corner 🤣🤣🤣

Did some shopping, a three hours nap, we had some rain but I only got into it once, unfortunately during lunch.
Which was a delicious one...
View attachment 136674

I had a day off.
Nice Peppers.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Hummel, Hummel - mors, mors!

I have been to a day trip to Hamburg today and met a good friend I haven't seen since 2016 and it was so good to talk to her. Some people stay connected to each other, even contact is very rare.

20200712_160246.jpg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I'm happy because our long streak of hot (and then hot and humid) weather finally ended, and today is far more comfortable. It is nice not to be low key sweating all day!

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
I’m happy because for the first time in nearly 2 weeks, my primary Mac again has reliably operational A S D F and G keys.

I’m further happy that yesterday when i was in the midst of the reinstallation process with pretty close to the entire notebook computer disassembled, forgot about a strong magnet embedded inside the MacBook Pro’s lid, and the strong magnet dragged 20-some of the 72 M1.5 x 2 mm (approx.; didn’t measure. Very tiny) essential screws that hold the keyboard in place off my work table and scattered them all over my workroom floor, i was able to find every single one of them. These screws are so small, they’re nearly invisible to the naked eye—at least once they’re on a hardwood floor. Several i found via my bare knee pressing into them when i first knelt down on the floor to retrieve them. To get a sense of the scope of the scatter, here’s an annotated picture. The center dot is where they landed before they started bouncing.

workroom screw drop.JPG
All were on the floor, despite some arrows suggesting otherwise. Behind the boxes, next to the black file cabinet, under the white work table, etc.

Latest posts