Quantcast

What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

SitiTomato

I'm so jealous. But I can't complain too much as we aren't having torrential downpours here right now, thankfully.
Having lived in Vancouver I can say that that is a rare reprieve.

Though now I'm reminded how unhappy I am being removed from a source of smoked salmon. :p

JenFromOC

Awesome.
Getting more excited everyday to start my job in Pearl Harbor....same career that I had in California, but I'll be working for the Navy and men/women that have returned from war.

SitiTomato

We had a big hiring push at work so I'm excited to meet all the new people. Hopefully at least a few of them are cool. I'm the only bigger guy on the crew so who knows maybe even an FFA will be in the bunch.

Could happen. :rolleyes:

SlightlyMorbid

Darth Cuddles
We had a big hiring push at work so I'm excited to meet all the new people. Hopefully at least a few of them are cool. I'm the only bigger guy on the crew so who knows maybe even an FFA will be in the bunch.

Could happen. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I miss having that at work. Some big 'fluffy' eyecandy.

Gotta love SL xD

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
Several people here on dims and several people I know IRL have found jobs. That's terrific! I am really happy for them.

SitiTomato

Yeah, I miss having that at work. Some big 'fluffy' eyecandy.

Gotta love SL xD
So far all the new people were very friendly and nice but none seem like they want to hang out in our little clique. I'm hoping tonight's batch has at least one who wants to sit at the cool kids table. :p

SitiTomato

I'm happy that I'm an adult and can take care of cravings whenever I please.

Polish sausage and sauerkraut for breakfast? Go for it!

LifeTraveller

Sporadic Poster
Poor Mark Knopfler, he couldn't get no sleeves for his records in 1985, but mine, from ebay, arrived today! Nice!!! Now I get to experiment to see if, once deep-cleaned, those damned records stay clean!:doh:
Dust, much like rust. . Never sleeps. . however they are wonderful looking sleeves! Hope they work as expected!

I'm happy I was able to finish my tax returns today, and get them submitted! I may actually get money back.. (I don't count on things until I actually get them)

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
i told my boss today that i was moving. at first he offered to help me find a job when i get there but then he changed his mind. instead he wants me to work from home for him! perfect possible situation!! this relieves soooo much anxiety!!

imfree

In Remembrance
Dust, much like rust. . Never sleeps. . however they are wonderful looking sleeves! Hope they work as expected!

I'm happy I was able to finish my tax returns today, and get them submitted! I may actually get money back.. (I don't count on things until I actually get them)
Hahaha!!! Thanks for the compliment on my new sleeves. They're soft plastic that will do a great job of protecting the records.Truly, dust never sleeps! Those sub-mil dust particles that my stylus bumps into are aggravating little s**ts that wreck my music. My inspired method of cleaning with a carbon fiber brush and heavy-tracking conical stylus to lift dust out of the grooves is the method I've sought after for over 40 years! I'm still amazed that enough trash falls out of the air to make those grooves noisy, but a groove is only .7mils, 700 millionths of an inch, wide and a displacement of 1/1000th of that is enough to be heard!

*In my opinion, digital in .wav is good and captures the full high frequency power and definition of vinyl, but mp3 of normal bitrates lacks power and clarity in the highs.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
i told my boss today that i was moving. at first he offered to help me find a job when i get there but then he changed his mind. instead he wants me to work from home for him! perfect possible situation!! this relieves soooo much anxiety!!
That's awesome!

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Wow, doesn't work out much better than that. Congrats duder. What do you do that you can do so remotely?

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
That is awesome news. Also saves money on driving/commuting. You can work in your jammies if you want to, too.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
That's awesome!
word. it's a total ego boost that he appreciates my value enough to go these lengths for me.

Wow, doesn't work out much better than that. Congrats duder. What do you do that you can do so remotely?
basically telemarket insurance. there's a lot more to it but that is part of my job so with a little restructuring it'll work out just fine. there's some licensing issues to work out but my boss is hoping we can get the system streamlined so we can sell it to other agents and open a remote sales office.

That is awesome news. Also saves money on driving/commuting. You can work in your jammies if you want to, too.
fuck jammies, i'm working naked!