Quantcast

What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

theronin23

In Remembrance
on a completely unrelated note: i'm going to go and blow some of my tax return today! it's time i updated my office wardrobe. i'm thinking vests! i might give suspenders a try too... oh, and definitely time for new shoes! i love shopping!!
All I got out of that is you're gonna blow something and you love shopping.

On a related note, I'm so turned on right now.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Found a replacement battery for my Macbook.
Real internets -- hooray!

-Rusty
(Android tablets are getting pretty good, but still aren't quite at the level of desktop machines.)

imfree

In Remembrance
The Oak Ridge Gang, with the Grooveplow, are doing a great job of cleaning up those old records, making them quieter than ever. Some of them are 40 years old and have just recently been deep-groove cleaned for the first time! I'm slowly, but surely, working through those 20 or so, at the bottom, in the picture, my (stranded on a) Desert Isle Collection.

View attachment Records desert isle collection wb md lg.jpg

SitiTomato

The project at work is finally coming together. It actually looks like a structure instead of just a collection of trash laying on some bare concrete.

I'm actually pretty proud of what we've accomplished in a short amount of time. I never thought this crappy job would be fulfilling.

imfree

In Remembrance
The Oak Ridge Gang, my vinyl road crew, has finished a couple small jobs and I no longer heard stylus crashes into groove rut debris as I listened to records today.:happy: That's an irritation I've lived with for over 40 years!:eek:
See, it really happened. Bill and Jim, from The Oak Ridge Gang, came over today with their Grooveplow and deep-groove cleaned my 30+ year old LP of The Hollies Greatest Hits! Still no details on that collider mishap that turned an entire road gang, equipment and all, into 1/36 scale

View attachment Deccollaro Oak Ridge Gang wb lg.jpg

DevilynStJames

Im happy that in one weeks time I will get a mini vacay! Me and my Mr. are going to Megacon for the weekend and I cant wait!!!! *bounce* bounce*

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
My new cousin is going to be born any minute now.

SO EXCITED!

:wubu:
So, did it happen?

I'm pretty excited because I was just told that I've been shortlisted (without even applying yet) for a fantastic job with a company that I trust. The job is in Chicago, pay is awesome, benefits are awesome....now I just have to finish writing up/defending in time!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
So, did it happen?

I'm pretty excited because I was just told that I've been shortlisted (without even applying yet) for a fantastic job with a company that I trust. The job is in Chicago, pay is awesome, benefits are awesome....now I just have to finish writing up/defending in time!
cool! Fingers crossed for you :)

(would they also help your husband get a green card? Or would he have to stay home and play video games? Or would you go long distance for a spell....?)

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
So, did it happen?

No baby yet. Epidural is in place though! Haha.

That's SO awesome about you being shortlisted. It's always cool when someone wants you and knows your value. Good luck, lady!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
No baby yet. Epidural is in place though! Haha.

That's SO awesome about you being shortlisted. It's always cool when someone wants you and knows your value. Good luck, lady!
cool! Fingers crossed for you :)

(would they also help your husband get a green card? Or would he have to stay home and play video games? Or would you go long distance for a spell....?)
Thanks guys!

They're going to have to help him get a visa at least, or I'm going to walk away from this one. This job is basically just serendipity - my original plan was to take several more months to finish the PhD, then a bit of time to leisurely publish a few papers I've been sitting on, and THEN accept a job and move away, but this one just sort of appeared and looks quite good. No clue what will happen next.

OneWickedAngel

Untamed Woman...
My new cousin is going to be born any minute now.

SO EXCITED!

:wubu:
It's a boy!

(we knew that already, but still :p )

Everyone's healthy and well.
Welcome little one!!!

So, did it happen?

That's awesome Melian!! Fingers crossed it Visa and everything all works out for you. :bow: