What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
The small things are making me happy.

Sitting on the porch listening to a donkey bray across the field,cows are mooing and the neighborhood kids are running and playing with each other,just like I did twenty years ago. The same families have lived on this little country road for seventy years or more, I know every single person by name and they never hesitate to throw their arm out the window as they drive by or stop and ask how Mama is,or if Daddy's thinking he'll have any luck fighting the deer over his prized peanuts this season.

It's beautiful and bright at seven,the sky has the most vibrant shades of pink,peach and purple with just a tinge of baby blue. The weather was almost unbearably warm today; not just hot,Southern humid hot that has your crisp shirt sticking to your body half way through the day and your big Alabama hair has fallen to your collar and your makeup seems to have to melted away.

I spent an entire day with kids, covered in paint and listening to pop music and munching on Dr.Suess trail mix. Considering I had two hours of sleep under my belt when I walked into the classroom I wasn't too excited about how I'd actually feel today. All it took was a dozen pairs of tiny little arms wrapping around me from every direction to give the energy boost I needed to be fun.

Now I'm going to use the two giant loaves of fresh baked butter bread(I got as payment for babysitting for two hours today, from a teenage girl I met at the shelter last month) I'm making big organic turkey sandwiches and even have a bottle of white wine to share with my cousins after we get the little one into a bath and get all the "Skittle juice" off of his face.

Nothing amazing is making me happy really; just being surrounded by the ones I love and knowing I am loved in return is pretty perfect.

My cup runneth over.
You know.....you are one of the richest people I know. I love you, Babygirl.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
One of the most shite-ass weeks so far for 2012, so i'm super-happpy that it's Friday. Like, EXTRA HAPPY.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::happy:

PandaGeek

I'm happy that I went out to eat at Fuddruckers and it was fantastic, I got to have a Mello Yellow with Peach flavoring from the most high tech soda machine I have ever seen. Then I went out to see 21 Jump Street and it was frickin hilarious, especially if you ever saw the original show. It was a good night.

PandaGeek

I'm happy that instead of going out and getting drunk on St. Patty's day, I took a job where I got to help an organization raise money for juvenile diabetes. I always feel good coming off a job like that.

Bighairyman

I am happy that a good friend of mine and the band that he is in, 151, got a music video made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnzE1SCXvdo

This is just one song of many that they are currently working on. Would love it if you guys could share to all your friends and family thank you.

Also, I am happy that I am getting out of work in 6 minutes. Then I get to go home and scour the internet for a FFA near me and play Rift.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
.....and I talked to my best friend for almost 2 hours tonight. We've been besties since we were 14 and we still laugh like idiots.

:D

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
my life is turning into one of those teen-ugly-duckling movies. i got a hair cut recently, had an eye exam for contacts and my proactive order just came in the mail. now the quarterback can see that i'm beautiful on the outside too! /swoooooooooooooon!

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
my life is turning into one of those teen-ugly-duckling movies. i got a hair cut recently, had an eye exam for contacts and my proactive order just came in the mail. now the quarterback can see that i'm beautiful on the outside too! /swoooooooooooooon!
Maybe he'll ask you to the big dance! :wubu: :smitten:

Lovelyone

Fat, and loveable!
This lovely weather! The clouds in the sky look like cotton candy. They are bright and white and fluffy. the sky is azure blue and the bushes outside my window have buds on them. I love spring!

Latest posts

Group builder