What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lille

Printing pictures that make me happy to hang around my room. The first time my bf and I met in person, and lots of pictures of my favorite horses.

Librarygirl

Managed to get the boiler working again (big achievement for new home owner!). I shall get to wash my hair without boiling a kettle this morning!

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Frank found someone's cat! You go, Frank!

pQXIVS.jpg

FRANK! AH-AAH! SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE!!
He'll save every one of us!

lille

My boyfriend is picking out his puppy today and he's going to FaceTime me so I can help him pick! I'm so excited.

These are a few of the one's he gets to pick from.
96345cbb480e892fffff81f3ffffe41e.JPG

96345cbb480e892fffff81fcffffe41e.JPG

96345cbb480e892fffff81f2ffffe41e.JPG

LeoGibson

Happy
College football and Costco having Spaten Oktoberfest on sale for 2 12 packs for $22. I have that, some sausage and sauerkraut and a full bottle of Jäger. Viva Deutschland!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
College football and Costco having Spaten Oktoberfest on sale for 2 12 packs for $22. I have that, some sausage and sauerkraut and a full bottle of Jäger. Viva Deutschland!

= wrong! No self-respecting Prussian wants to be held responsible for Oktoberfest.

That's Viva Bavaria for you! (... or when the singing along it's mostly Viva Colonia - the Bavarians are incapable of writing decent pop music - they have to import it from Cologne carnival).

And since we're doing details: Augustiner or Andechser are much fresher and tastier than Spaten!

LeoGibson

Happy
= wrong! No self-respecting Prussian wants to be held responsible for Oktoberfest.

That's Viva Bavaria for you! (... or when the singing along it's mostly Viva Colonia - the Bavarians are incapable of writing decent pop music - they have to import it from Cologne carnival).

And since we're doing details: Augustiner or Andechser are much fresher and tastier than Spaten!

I should say that I am a fan of the Marzen style more so than Spaten in particular. While I have no doubt you are far better versed on the taste of different German brews, due to our limited availability, Spaten is what I have to work with and quite honestly, I do like it's flavor, but if it wasn't on sale for a good price I probably would not have purchased it as we do have access to many smaller American microbrews that do it better, but can be pricey.

Last edited:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

I love everything about this post.

lille

Had a great workout at the gym this morning. My paper is going well. I am much less stressed than I was yesterday. I get to plan for a visit with my boyfriend so we can pick up our puppy. Life is good.

MsBrightside

Managed to get the boiler working again (big achievement for new home owner!). I shall get to wash my hair without boiling a kettle this morning!

Had a great workout at the gym this morning. My paper is going well. I am much less stressed than I was yesterday. I get to plan for a visit with my boyfriend so we can pick up our puppy. Life is good.

I'm happy for all of you and hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend. (Although, Librarygirl, as a UK denizen, I suppose your weekend is almost over. At least you'll have hot water when you get ready for work in the morning. :))

Also, thanks for sharing the cute puppy pics :wubu:, lille.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
It was a wonderfully unproductive weekend. Played games of various sorts with various people, had a couple of nice meals out where I left feeling pleasantly stuffed, got in a decent bike ride, had a truly awesome nap..... I felt a bit like a cat--just doing the stuff I enjoy!

x0emnem0x

Words.
Dog was flipping out, turns out ninja UPS man had run to the backdoor and left a package on my door step. 36 packets of Cheez its from a wonderful friend of mine LOL I feel so spoiled sometimes but I never expect people to get me things. <3

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
I had my quarterly performance review today.

I got another raise. That's the second raise to my salary within a 5 month period.

I'm doing something right.
Celebration beers! I got mine this month too, and also the 2nd in 5 months.
Sooo I should expect my plane ticket in the post when?! :batting:
When I'm booted out I will get him to send your ticket.

lille

I hung out in the city with one of my best friends, got new pictures of my puppy, had a good workout at the gym, and I get to go trail riding tomorrow. For having no plans when I woke up this morning, this is shaping up to be a great weekend.

x0emnem0x

Words.
I've come to enjoy this job a lot more. I'm not one who deals well with people, and lately I've been finding myself asking people how they're doing all the time, or smiling more. Maybe it's just habit from the job, but it's kind of nice.

bayone

We have a proper bed with a nice mattress! And nothing got knocked over while it was being moved in!