What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
1. I started Ukelele lessons with friends
2. Halloween was the most $$ I ever made in job of 6 months!!!
3. Watched Phish Stream from Vegas last night 2/10 friends with balloons,
glowsticks, tons of candy, limitless diet coke/red bull
4. Chelsea made me breakfast today
5. My dog is just awesome-sauce even if he wouldn't wear costume last nite
6. drinking SanPellegrino-Pompelmo nom nom nom
7. heading to see friends in a few minutes
8. paying off some bills this week!!!
9. getting paid to read books at my newest job
10. LIFE IS FUCKING GOOD...nuf said

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
Tomorrow I don't have to get out of bed until two. I think I'll stock up on supplies tonight so I can spend as much time horizontal as possible.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Spent the day watching anime with a good friend of mine. Then went to dinner with two of his lovely BHM friends and had pretentious intellectual conversations. Ah, fleeting delights.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Got a new name tag at work tonight. I'm no longer just a noob with a sticker on a piece of plastic. They printed it with INK. Which means that I have been around long enough for them to keep me and print my stupid ass name on a name tag, and it says "Serving Since 2014". Boo ya.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
Is it one of those where you have to stick a pin through your shirt? Or magnetized? Because that is the real deal, then you ARE arrivé.

Actually, if you have to wear your own clothes for a shirt (or, maybe, even if you don't) it's worth it to get one of those, if they will let you wear it. Of course, then it will probably come across as kind of over-ambitious, if you're the only one who has one that isn't a manager.

Then again, maybe not as much if you put something like Lt. Cmdr. Worf on it. As opposed to, of course, Amb. Worf, or Captain Worf.

Saisha

Delphinum natare doces
I am feeling a bit content this evening, just because for no reason, and it's nice :)

x0emnem0x

Words.
Is it one of those where you have to stick a pin through your shirt? Or magnetized? Because that is the real deal, then you ARE arrivé.

Actually, if you have to wear your own clothes for a shirt (or, maybe, even if you don't) it's worth it to get one of those, if they will let you wear it. Of course, then it will probably come across as kind of over-ambitious, if you're the only one who has one that isn't a manager.

Then again, maybe not as much if you put something like Lt. Cmdr. Worf on it. As opposed to, of course, Amb. Worf, or Captain Worf.
I wish it looked as cool as that magnetized one, but it's just a plastic one I stick through my shirt. Still. :p Makes me feel a little better than having a label maker one with my name stuck to it.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I once had a job wear the uniform had the employee's first name sewn onto a patch on the front of shirt. (typical blue color job) However, when I started the job I just grabbed the shirts that were already there and used them instead. I never did get my own name on a shirt. My favorite "other" name was Buster.

Cookie

I recently transferred over to an art course in college which was just the best decision ever. But the awesome thing today is that I spoke to and befriended this one big guy on my course and he is just total eye candy and absolutely lovely. :happy:

Reactions: Tad

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
I won a great auction on Listia with a minimum point bid because people on there seem adverse to paying for shipping even when it's a fantastic deal with the shipping cost.

I won the whole Saw DVD Movie Collection - all seven movies....for 3500 points and only had to pay 5.99 for shipping

So I got the whole boxed collection for $6 essentially.

I'm happy I won and I'm happy that some people are cheap morons ti hi hi

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Tonight brings up my first on-call shift to an end. I'm tired as shit, but excited that I brought in some good cash for a few missed hours of sleep. I broke the $400 mark at 6:50 am when someone woke me up to ask me a simple question.

I'm mostly excited that this extra cash has helped pay my way for a small trip home to see my folks, go to a wedding, and see old friends. Also, extra money is going towards wedding booze.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Sounds like a sweet deal. :)

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday...my family are crazy mofo's, it should be a blast.

Tonight brings up my first on-call shift to an end. I'm tired as shit, but excited that I brought in some good cash for a few missed hours of sleep. I broke the $400 mark at 6:50 am when someone woke me up to ask me a simple question.

I'm mostly excited that this extra cash has helped pay my way for a small trip home to see my folks, go to a wedding, and see old friends. Also, extra money is going towards wedding booze.

bigmac

Shortest trial ever today. Opposing party's Silicon Valley attorneys spent almost an hour setting up their fancy audio-visual equipment and lodging a couple of hundred pages of exhibits with the clerk. I took out a legal pad and a pen and waited. I let first witness testify just long enough for it to become totally clear that the parties who filed the action were not the real party in interest and moved to dismiss. The judge granted the motion and dismissed the complaint.

Love the fact that these guys spent so much time and effort on a fancy presentation they never got to make. Should have put some of that effort into making sure they actually had a viable cause of action.

Is it wrong that I take great pleasure in making guys in expensive suits look really stupid?

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
There are a few things that are making me happy at the moment! =)

1. Came down this morning and found my dog curled up like a ninja on my chair. She's never done that before. Went to get a drink after sitting down for a while and she crept on their again! Uber-cute camouflage seat warmer!

2. My mouse, Fred, keeps sleeping in his little cotton tube that is on eye level with me so I can see him sleeping. And it is absolutely adorable. I am so lucky to live with such cute creatures!

3. I saw a t shirt on a stall in town the other day that said 'does this make my belly look big?' and I couldn't help chuckling to myself!

4. This is more a funny incident than happy, but I came in last night and Free, one of the dogs, got far too excited and leapt up Fred's cage and started barking into it. I was scared he was going to knock the cage off the table so I swung my arm out to push him off and accidentally smacked Free right in the nose with my wrist! I know it hurt him because it hurt me but before I could even finish apologising to him he jumped up and covered me in kisses and got very excited! Funny Auntie Small face petting! I love that dog!

bayone

The weekend has begun. I am drinking apple juice and spiced rum, and cutting out felt appliqués, while my spouse watches a documentary on H. P. Lovecraft.;)

Reactions: Tad

lille

Archer did great at the vet this morning. Perfect temperature, he weighs 3.15lbs, and all the vet techs wanted to snuggle him. Clean bill of health makes me very happy.

lille

Thanks guys. I'm completely in love with the little bugger.