What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
There is such a thing as Magna cum laude for dogs? ?? :confused: :D
Lol, I know! Even I do not have that!

In RallyO the idea is every dog starts off with a perfect score, and mistakes by the dog/handler pair including crooked sit, lack of focus, etc, deduct points from a perfect 200. You need three qualifying scores under two judges to get a title, and there are maybe...five titles?

So the idea is that if a dog consistently scores at a very high score, he is not only competent for that level, he is exceptional in his class.

Gotta have as many certification acronyms behind their name as mine LOL

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
On an unrelated note, I am babysitting a friend's brand spanking new puppy for 48 hours.

He is sooo cute! him and my cat are having a blast together, and my babycat is showing him the ropes of how to properly solicit for food (eye contact, mat, etc)

And the best part is I get to enjoy all the aww and don't have to deal with the cruddy parts hehe

Rojodi

First love strolled into where I was trying to write this afternoon. She hugged me, gave me a peck on the cheek, held my hand a little long, and jotted a note with her email address.

lille

We got our tree today. The boyfriend has never had a real tree before. And his parents don't do one anymore so we're borrowing all their lights and ornaments. After Christmas we'll buy our own for next year.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I'm weekday drunk and eating fried calamari and Thai green curry. Weeeeeee!

kittymahlberg

I'm weekday drunk and eating fried calamari and Thai green curry. Weeeeeee!
Sounds like my day! Well, minus the alcohol. I was so glum, hubby took me to lunch for sushi and we got an extra fancy roll that involved THREE KINDS OF CHEESE. PLUS DEEP-FRIED.

As my husband put it, this particular roll was obviously the result of an American looking at sushi and deciding it had potential, but just wasn't quite there yet, and then . . . TA DA!

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Sounds like my day! Well, minus the alcohol. I was so glum, hubby took me to lunch for sushi and we got an extra fancy roll that involved THREE KINDS OF CHEESE. PLUS DEEP-FRIED.

As my husband put it, this particular roll was obviously the result of an American looking at sushi and deciding it had potential, but just wasn't quite there yet, and then . . . TA DA!
Good deal, I am a really big fan of special rolls. Sushi rolls that is. I have my own specialty rolls too.

kittymahlberg

Good deal, I am a really big fan of special rolls. Sushi rolls that is. I have my own specialty rolls too.
Hee, hee! :p

Speaking of, there was an extra large gent at the sushi restaurant. Not that I was creeping! Just appreciating. :happy:

swamptoad

I am happy that I survived another shift of work without being too stressed by the time my shift was over (as vague as that sounds.)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Finally got my new bed deliverd. 20 minutes to solo unpack and set up a king size frame and mattress. Super easy, the memory foam ones come vacuum packed so you just unroll them on the frame, remove the bag they're in and they fatten up while you watch like a feedee. Went from 2" thick to 12" while I typed this. Everything delivered no charge by FedEx too.

Yayyyyyyy new bed!

One oops- I forgot to put on my bed skirt before unrolling the matress. I doubt I'll ever bother putting it on now...

GoodDaySir

One oops- I forgot to put on my bed skirt before unrolling the matress. I doubt I'll ever bother putting it on now...
Don't even bother! Those things are soooo annoying! I in housekeeping and the damn bed skirts make me wanna kill something.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't bed skirts devised during the Victorian era, when legs, human and otherwise, were taboo? I remember reading that it was customary to veil the legs of one's piano with fluffy little skirts. And I believe that was when the terms 'dark meat' and 'white meat' came into fashion, so that no one need mention legs or breasts at the dinner table. It upsets the digestion, you know. ;)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Well yeah but the bare metal frame does look kind of cheap under the mattress. Though the super sturdy frame was not really cheap, its rated to support 5 of me. I clearly need a 4 post canopy with mosquito netting draped around it. It's the only reasonable solution. Especially as my other bedroom accoutrements are super classy items like plastic storage bins for night stands and my artistically arranged stack of dirty clothing in the corner (I consider it a modern art piece).

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Well yeah but the bare metal frame does look kind of cheap under the mattress. Though the super sturdy frame was not really cheap, its rated to support 5 of me. I clearly need a 4 post canopy with mosquito netting draped around it. It's the only reasonable solution. Especially as my other bedroom accoutrements are super classy items like plastic storage bins for night stands and my artistically arranged stack of dirty clothing in the corner (I consider it a modern art piece).
I would happily get into bed with five of you.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
One more week until my new "pre new job vacation".

Puppy is gone, I have my house to myself. Did a CRAP TON of baking with a friend, agility tomorrow, minecraft tonight...it is good times.

swamptoad

One more week until my new "pre new job vacation".

Puppy is gone, I have my house to myself. Did a CRAP TON of baking with a friend, agility tomorrow, minecraft tonight...it is good times.
I'll gladly help diminish the supply of baked goodies, if you please? :D

Need minecraft tips pronto. I suck at that game. :(

Latest posts