What are you happy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I finally got up the guts to ask for a raise (not easy for a people pleaser with social anxiety). I felt like I was going to cry or throw up but I got a 10% raise.
That's awesome! Now try it again next year! ;)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
So much free food at work today -- making Monday more bearable (also I biked, which tends to leave me hungry all day, but not today with so much extra).

On Mondays, sometimes you have to embrace the small things

Lastminute.Tom

Write on!
I'm happy I have a sexy fiancée

I'm happy I might be getting a new job at a picture house cinema where I've wanted to work for a while

I'm happy I feel like I no longer need my fathers approval, I feel like I'm my own father now or at least I'm getting to that point

I'm happy that I don't seem to be able to meet someone without making a new friend

I'm happy to be back on dims but without the shame of my formative years :D

ODFFA

I got a huge compliment from Boss Man today, plus a nice little bonus for the month. Considering how much it's taken for me to hold myself together, it was a verrrry pleasant surprise :)
Got another one today. Completely out of the blue. But the thing I'm even happier about is how busy he's been keeping me. I'm grateful that I'm not being afforded a whole lot of time to stew. Not been a fan of weekends lately.

lille

Took the pup to his first Barn Hunt trial and it went better than expected. He passed Instinct and earned his first leg of three towards his Novice title.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
It's less than 10 hours until kickoff.

For someone living in a car-clogged metropolis football is the greatest thing ever. 3 guranteed hours of glorious, traffic-free roads every Sunday afternoon while everyone else is home watching concussionball. I wish they played it every day. Screw the players' health, me getting to the ocean in under 20 minutes is more important.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
The studio where I take dance lessons had a party Friday night, and I chanced to waltz with their youngest teacher (who is gorgeous, an incredible dancer, and all of nineteen years old). The song was the Eagles' "Take it to the Limit", and she began to sing.
"I just love this song," she said (I don't think she was even born when it came out). I admitted that I do, too. "Then you should sing along," she said, and the two of us continued to pirouette, singing "So take me to a highway/And show me a sign..."
Moments to remember. :)

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Kind of a long story, but I'm so proud of my little lodger guinea pig!

I work on a farm at weekends and one of the guinea pigs, Boris, has gotten super crazy thin. When I saw him on saturday he was crazy thin and just laying still, all glassy eyed. I thought he wasn't going to make it, even though I took him home that afternoon.

Four days later and he has gained 100 grams (!) and is running about and standing on his back legs and generally being a happy little pig! Still nervous but getting better around people and he actually ate outside of his cage for the first time tonight!

Come on Boris! :D

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Good for Boris!
Loopy, you have healing powers!

What exactly did you do? And what was his problem - just too many people & pigs around freaking him out???

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Go Boris! and I'm holding back so many other comments ...
My boss at work does call me feeder because apparently I like feeding animals as much as people! :p

Good for Boris!
Loopy, you have healing powers!

What exactly did you do? And what was his problem - just too many people & pigs around freaking him out???
Apparently I do! I actually managed to save my own pig, Missy, earlier this year. The vets told me she would have to be put to sleep but now she's healthier than she has ever been.

I fed him a lot! I've been giving him a quiet, dark place to stay, biscuits he actually likes to eat, a pinch of rolled oats twice a day, a mix of fresh vegetables and a little alfalfa hay. He's been at the farm his whole life - he's about 3 now - and was always fine until the last couple of months. He's super super nervous around people right now, so I think somebody must have done something to really freak him out at the farm.

He's supposed to go back to the farm when he's better but I get the feeling my mum might adopt him because she adores him!