Quantcast

What are you having for breakfast

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rob hudson

DM Supporter
Today I made home fries, bacon eggs and peppers/onions.
I peel the potatoes and dice them real small. Toss them with a little bit of oil and microwave to soften them up. While that's happening, get out the old cast iron skillet and fry up four or five slices of bacon cut into pieces. Thick cut apple wood smoked bacon, of course.
When the fat has been rendered, toss in the diced green pepper and onion, and cook them up until they're softened up and some of the sugars released, but not all the way brown. Remove that into a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Then it's time to do the potatoes. Fry those up in the skillet until they're crispy, which doesn't take long at all after having been softened up in the microwave. Meanwhile, as those are cooking, I've got another cast iron skillet to scramble some eggs. Beat four eggs in a bowl with a bit of half and half and salt/pepper. Toss them in the hot skillet and scramble for about a minute, and remove from heat while still a little wet. Toss everything together in the skillet with the potatoes, the heat from which will finish cooking the eggs. Add in some tabasco sauce and voilà, awesome breakfast in about half an hour. Can eat it as is or wrap in a tortilla.
Most Other times I just have a bowl of cereal. To be honest, it's rather depressing cooking all by yourself. Sometimes, I do get the urge, though.

Orchid

Chai tea & honey.
Devilled egg with mayonnaise, yellow mild mustard, black pepper, mild paprika powder.
Slice of spelt bread & danish butter.
Mandarins.

Latest posts