What are you having for breakfast

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
A cup of tea with a Vegemite sandwich, which makes me wonder how many of you know what it tastes like? I know what all the Aussies would say. :)
I've never had an opportunity to taste Vegemite.
For some reason, I have it stuck in my head that it might taste something like olive tapenade.

I've never tasted marmite, either.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
For some reason, I have it stuck in my head that it might taste something like olive tapenade.

I haven't tasted either but I am going to be brave and will try it if I can find it or something similar.
From what I read about its ingredients I doubt the olive tapenade' taste :)

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter

I haven't tasted either but I am going to be brave and will try it if I can find it or something similar.
From what I read about its ingredients I doubt the olive tapenade' taste :)
It's an acquired taste if you've not grown up with it. It's strong, salty, and kind of malty. If you do manage to try it, start slow and with a light hand (if you slather it on like Nutella or peanut butter, you'll regret it instantly hehe). It's really nice spread lightly on a sheet of puff pastry, and then topped with grated melty cheese. I roll it up into a log, and then slice it into 1.5-2cm rounds. Then I sprinkle the little rounds with a wee bit of parmesan. Brown in the oven and yum!

Marmite isn't as "solid" as Vegemite, and is not as "biting."

Orchid

Tea & honey.
Boiled egg and tiny bit of marmite on it.
Slice of spelt bread, butter, tomato in slices, herbamare salt.

luckyfa

A huge bowl of a very rich porridge made from different cereals, peanut butter, blackstrap molasses and protein powder with fruit salad, soy yoghurt and seeds on top of it. My morning standard.