What are you reading?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
Well, Time Traveler's Wife came recommended by a couple friends and for the first couple hundred pages i couldn't see why, but by the end of the book it got me. I would say it's a worthy read, though still not one of the best books i've read. I've heard they are making it into a movie. So that should be interesting.

I'm moving on to another book that was recommended by a friend, Life of PI by Yann Martel.

Just to say it again...www.paperbackswap.com ...thanks again for posting the link, it is the best site in the universe :)

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
When my mom came to visit she brought two large stacks of paperbooks. I picked up a neat series that i guess is an HBO series now. It's a vampire mystery series. I'm on the second book: Living Dead in Dallas. Very fun read!!

Leesa

Princess Sultana's Circle by Jean Sasson. It is not as good as Princess but still VERY interesting.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
oohhh i might have to read this!! i didn't check the 2nd one, but the 1st one looks very interesting

Princess Sultana's Circle by Jean Sasson. It is not as good as Princess but still VERY interesting.

Leesa

I still need the second book in the series but I got Princess Sultana's Circle at the dollar store. I was pleased to find it there.
IF you want it when I am done, IM me your address and it is yours.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
you have mail :) i can get the 2nd book for you because i have credits at paperbackswap.com...

in fact, now that i think about it..i could probably have it sent to you and once you've finished it you could mail it to me.

i feel like we're in a book drug ring hahaha

I still need the second book in the series but I got Princess Sultana's Circle at the dollar store. I was pleased to find it there.
IF you want it when I am done, IM me your address and it is yours.

That1BigGirl

Bella Nom Noms
A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton

I'm not a big sci-fi/fantasy fan, but I make an exception for a few (one of which is L.K.H.)

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
I have been in a total reading slump :(

I must have taken 20 books out of the library over the last 2 months and not a one has really got me interested. I can't get over the whole TWILIGHT SAGA.

How embarassing? SO what do i do....

I went and got THE HOST, by Stephanie Meyers, although NOT a sci-fi fan either, and started it on the plane today.and it is the only book I brought with me for a 4 day va-cay in SUNNY SOUTHERN FL :D

Maxx Awesome

Sings like a Monster Baby
Just bought a few books yesterday. After many years decided to start reading the Dexter series of novels, so I've just begun Darkly Dreaming Dexter; having already seen the TV series I may have spoiled it for myself:p
After that I plan to move on to Dexter in the Dark & then (another long-delayed purchase) American Psycho. Also picked up V For Vendetta. I really ought not to deliberate over my reading purchases so long as I'm probably gypping myself out of some good reads by watching TV shows & films based on certain novels.

Tragdor

Abide
Just finished Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks

No where as good as The Player of Games. Phelebas really seems to drag. I love the setting of Banks' Culture novels but without proper pacing the action and themes seem to drag along.

Pixelpops

Oh, The Hazards of Love.
Just bought a few books yesterday. After many years decided to start reading the Dexter series of novels, so I've just begun Darkly Dreaming Dexter; having already seen the TV series I may have spoiled it for myself:p

The book and the TV show differ enough so the book is still interesting. Are you deliberately missing out Dearly Devoted Dexter?

Edens_heel

Just finished Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks

No where as good as The Player of Games. Phelebas really seems to drag. I love the setting of Banks' Culture novels but without proper pacing the action and themes seem to drag along.

Is Phlebas the first in the culture series? If not, what is the order - I'd love to give them a read.

Maxx Awesome

Sings like a Monster Baby
The book and the TV show differ enough so the book is still interesting. Are you deliberately missing out Dearly Devoted Dexter?

Not intentionally. It just wasn't there when I was shopping (& Dexter By Design is only available in hardback right now). Is it necessary to read all the books in order or do they stand well enough individually?

Must say I'm tearing through Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I'm about halfway through & I only started reading it yesterday.

That1BigGirl

Bella Nom Noms
A friend of mine sent me Fat Girl by Judith Moore. I'm kind of torn on if I should read it. It does have high praises, so I guess I should give it a shot.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Last Samurai by Helen De Witt... and, I have found it has absolutely nothing to do with the Tom Cruise film.

kiwilicious

I'm reading the research articles that I'm writing a critical analysis on, for a Uni assignment. It's due in one days time, and I haven't even started :eek:
I keep telling myself I work really well under pressure, but the truth is I think I'm the queen of procrastination :rolleyes:

Pixelpops

Oh, The Hazards of Love.
Not intentionally. It just wasn't there when I was shopping (& Dexter By Design is only available in hardback right now). Is it necessary to read all the books in order or do they stand well enough individually?

Must say I'm tearing through Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I'm about halfway through & I only started reading it yesterday.

Personally, I'd say you have to read it as a series in order. But then there's always wikipedia to fill in any gaps you might have :p

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I just started THE CHINATOWN DEATH CLOUD PERIL by Paul Malmont and, so far, it's pretty cool.

It's a wonderful 1930s period piece about the Pulp Fiction era and the guys who that stuff: Lester Dent and Walter Gibson, the guys who wrote lots and lots and lots of Doc Savage and Shadow stories, get wrapped up in the strange death of H.P. Lovecraft and stop a fiendish plot with the help of L. Ron Hubbard.

Yeah, it's an off the wall plot but I like pulp tales, so I'm digging the book.

Dennis

Chode McBlob

I most recently read:
Pandora's Star followed by Judas Unchained (both books make the whole story) by Peter Hamilton. Great Sci-Fi.

Edens_heel

I just started THE CHINATOWN DEATH CLOUD PERIL by Paul Malmont and, so far, it's pretty cool.

It's a wonderful 1930s period piece about the Pulp Fiction era and the guys who that stuff: Lester Dent and Walter Gibson, the guys who wrote lots and lots and lots of Doc Savage and Shadow stories, get wrapped up in the strange death of H.P. Lovecraft and stop a fiendish plot with the help of L. Ron Hubbard.

Yeah, it's an off the wall plot but I like pulp tales, so I'm digging the book.

Dennis

I loved that book - especially that they paint Hubbard as the Jimmy Olson of the tale... scummy little bugger.

Latest posts