What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I am in vacation. My work phone is buzzing every 3 min (on a major company initiative). I need the time off to NOT work. But...but...but it keeps dinging!
It bothers me!

Sheldon: check your messages!

*covers her ears* lalalala they are all cc, nothing is blowing up, lalala

Dang, me too. Non-stop all day today and yesterday, and I was just informed of a mandatory conference call this week that I have to be on. Apparently...

My boss even stopped by my house today to pick up some stuff while I was working in my garage. She asked how the vacation was going, I literally said "What vacation?". :mad:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Woah. Thats a little crossing the line lol!

My boss called me after an email i sent but only to tell me everything was ok and to enjoy my vacation - anyhing he needed me for could wait.

He is a great manager!

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My boss has boundary issues.

Just got back from a trip to Lowes, received two phone calls and 8 emails that I couldn't ignore. No peace!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
The hub is taking me out to see Doug Stanhope tonight.

I don't HATE him but I don't really find him amusing. I can listen to his podcasts if I cleaning or something, but the idea of sitting there at this show is exhausting. Because I have to SEEM like I am enjoying myself, so I have to paste that little closed lip curl smile on my face - just enough to be like "oh, ha, amusing."

Maybe I'm not giving it enough of a chance. Maybe I will like it...

MattB

Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
You can totally ignore anything you want on holidays.

Turn your phone off and leave it at home.

Surly, I wish it was this easy. I work in sales, so my income does depend on getting orders from accounts, etc. Those emails don't bother me of course.

I worked for 10 years for a different company that kept blurring the line between work and personal, I really don't want to go through that again, but to compound things I just received (on a Saturday night!) an updated employee contract that I have two weeks to sign and return back. They told us on a conference call yesterday it was just "minor adjustments", but they put in a lot of legalese. :confused: I'm taking it to a lawyer for review before signing.

Worst. Vacation. Ever.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
That sucks. I could never work for people or a company like that.
Life is hard enough, we all DESERVE time off. Uninterrupted.

I hope things work out for you.

Surly, I wish it was this easy. I work in sales, so my income does depend on getting orders from accounts, etc. Those emails don't bother me of course.

I worked for 10 years for a different company that kept blurring the line between work and personal, I really don't want to go through that again, but to compound things I just received (on a Saturday night!) an updated employee contract that I have two weeks to sign and return back. They told us on a conference call yesterday it was just "minor adjustments", but they put in a lot of legalese. :confused: I'm taking it to a lawyer for review before signing.

Worst. Vacation. Ever.

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
Meteorologists call it a stationary front . What it means to me is a succession of thundershowers every few hours.

How am I supposed to go out and get any good exercise if I know I'm likely to get hit by lightning?

It's supposed to continue at least another week.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
My vacation is OVER!!! :goodbye:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well. It was actually a really good vacation overall and I am about as ready as I will ever be to go back...now I need to look through my emails and see what fire I need to put out first tomorrow...

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Omg ew ew ew

I stepped on two snails this morning. I cannot articulate how disgusting it was to feel their little bodies pop under my sandles, feel the shards grate into their flesh, and then to slip on their insides.

Ew ew ew

tankyguy

One of the wheels on my desk chair broke today. I'd only bought it two years ago and had just remarked the other day how well the hydraulics were holding up considering that's what was killed on my last one.

tankyguy

Wanting things so badly, but them being completely outside of my reach no matter what I do and having it obliviously rubbed in my face by people has become a recurring theme for me. I'm sick of having to swallow failure and rejection. I'm sick of never being the one and having nothing.

MsBrightside

Wanting things so badly, but them being completely outside of my reach no matter what I do and having it obliviously rubbed in my face by people has become a recurring theme for me. I'm sick of having to swallow failure and rejection. I'm sick of never being the one and having nothing.
Sorry you're feeling so discouraged. You seem to me to be so talented, creative, intelligent, personable, kind, and many other good things.

I hope you get the opportunity to achieve your goals.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I took last Wed-Fri as vacation--so of course woke up with a sore throat on Wednesday morning :doh: Still did most of what I wanted to do, but didn't have the energy to do as much as I'd hoped.

lille

Spending the day getting some packing done and it has my anxiety sky high. My chest hurts and I feel like I can't breathe.

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside
I'm spending tonight -- and most of the day tomorrow -- studying for a test due tomorrow night. One of my professors is a real asshole with the scheduling (I had group assignments due tonight, as a matter of fact, but my team and I were able to finish them early.)

Not that I really had any plans for the 4th anyway (as per usual) but still...

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside
Spending the day getting some packing done and it has my anxiety sky high. My chest hurts and I feel like I can't breathe.

I know that feeling of stress-induced anxiety all too well, and I can empathize with how much it sucks. For what it's worth, I hope the move goes smoothly and that you can relax sooner rather than later.

Latest posts