What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

lille

Hahaha, my guy has never needed help coming out of his shell and luckily I've never heard them actually comment on his weight. His dad is actually a lot heavier than he is. His sister in law commented that she doesn't want him to end up like his dad. Which is something my boyfriend has specifically mentioned is horrifying and he is super frustrated with his dad for not putting in an effort to maintain his mobility. It was more a we love him and love you and want you both to be happy.

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Absolutely Lillie. I think FFA guilt comes from the fact that we're human and have desires. It gets tough when the desires meet health problems (which they at times tend to do). I feel desires for the big fellas are nothing to feel guilty about, its how you handle it when it comes up. Your boyfriend knows you care about him as a person (as more than just an object) and you want him to be healthy. You have nothing to feel guilt or shame over, I can tell you care about him a lot.

Also I think your sister in law should butt out, but thats just me. Concern trolling is one of my big annoyances.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again: I wish I lived in a world where all fat guys were healthy and cookies made them live long lives :wubu::eat1:<3

Tad

mostly harmless
Hahaha, my guy has never needed help coming out of his shell and luckily I've never heard them actually comment on his weight. His dad is actually a lot heavier than he is. His sister in law commented that she doesn't want him to end up like his dad. Which is something my boyfriend has specifically mentioned is horrifying and he is super frustrated with his dad for not putting in an effort to maintain his mobility. It was more a we love him and love you and want you both to be happy.
**Pure speculation warning** I’d presume your boyfriend’s sister-in-law is married to one of his siblings. Are the other kids in that family also tending to be on the heavy side? Just thinking that if she struggles with feelings about her partner’s weight, she could be sort of inviting you into the sisterhood, as it were. Saying more or less “look at their Dad, we obviously don’t want that for our partners, so we need to take a hand in preventing that. Maybe you don’t feel comfortable talking to him about his weight, but I’m letting you know that this is what I (and others?) are doing and you’ll have our support if you do it.”

Which would still being interfering and probably patronizing, but coming from a different place than purely random interference.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
One of the co-ops was being introduced to all the executives. Either he is related to one, his dad is best friends with one, or it is because he is male. Or all three.

Makes me irritated how obvious favouritism is!!

lille

**Pure speculation warning** I’d presume your boyfriend’s sister-in-law is married to one of his siblings. Are the other kids in that family also tending to be on the heavy side? Just thinking that if she struggles with feelings about her partner’s weight, she could be sort of inviting you into the sisterhood, as it were. Saying more or less “look at their Dad, we obviously don’t want that for our partners, so we need to take a hand in preventing that. Maybe you don’t feel comfortable talking to him about his weight, but I’m letting you know that this is what I (and others?) are doing and you’ll have our support if you do it.”

Which would still being interfering and probably patronizing, but coming from a different place than purely random interference.
She's married to his brother, who actually is not heavy. She used to be much heavier and she prefers not to be that heavy, so I think it's coming more from a place of, I feel better cause I lost weight so he will too. This is the first time I've heard anyone in his family mention his weight at all so I think it sort of caught me off guard. His family really likes me, especially compared to his ex fiancé, and so I think she felt that she was being supportive of me by saying that she wants to make sure he can keep up with me.

LeoGibson

Happy
Stupid, stupid me. I don't like wearing a seatbelt in my car because the damn thing rides up and chokes me, but I know in the small town I work in I definitely should because the tax collectors, oops I mean cops :rolleyes: are ruthless there. Yep, I forgot to put it on this morning leaving my meeting and instantly got popped. $144 down the freakin' drain!

lille

Stupid, stupid me. I don't like wearing a seatbelt in my car because the damn thing rides up and chokes me, but I know in the small town I work in I definitely should because the tax collectors, oops I mean cops :rolleyes: are ruthless there. Yep, I forgot to put it on this morning leaving my meeting and instantly got popped. $144 down the freakin' drain!
Ouch! I grew up in a state without a seatbelt law for anyone over 18 so I never k ew how much the tickets were. That's ridiculous.

LeoGibson

Happy
That fine can also vary by county or municipality. I got one in Harris county a few years ago and it was $161. So it could be more or less in the part of the state you're in Lille.

Crumbling

Distilled Evil

Belt extender might help, Even a minimal one puts enough slack into the belt that I can adjust the height of the shoulder anchor so it doesn't ride up so much.

Tad

mostly harmless
Gord Downie has inoperable brain cancer. Second band that really helped define my university years being taken out this year by terminal conditions striking much earlier than you'd expect.

If you aren't Canadian, you probably don't get how big The Tragically Hip were here -- the sort of band that could sell out two arena shows in minutes, add a third show and sell it out within the hour (in a city of under a million people). And if you are much younger or older than me, they probably don't mean as much to you, or maybe even puzzle or annoy you. But they were the Stones of my generation here.

A classic live performance recording of one of their best known songs, with the patented Gord Downie weird ramble in the middle of the thing.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSyZslQp0w[/ame]

Or just read here, one site's list of ten of their best: http://music.cbc.ca/#!/blogs/2016/5/10-essential-songs-by-the-Tragically-Hip . (And they don't even touch on early hits like Blow at high Dough or Boots and Hearts or, well, so many more ....)

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Working from home and having a massive VPN issue.

Also, have a test booked for Saturday and I am not in the headspace to study :(

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Ok, now emotion has transformed into "oh merh gawd, teta is in 24 hrs, you are boned, lady!!!"

I always get this way for tests but it still sucks...

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Ok, now emotion has transformed into "oh merh gawd, teta is in 24 hrs, you are boned, lady!!!"

I always get this way for tests but it still sucks...
Oh please, you're going to breeze right through it and then post on dims about how it's too easy and why don't they make it more challenging and blah blah blah.

Umm I mean...
Good luck!

lille

It's raining, again. Poor Archer hasn't been to the dog park in over a week. On the plus side it's forcing me to get creative with entertaining him inside. He's getting pretty good at our improvised nose work. Some sun would be nice though.

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
It's raining, again. Poor Archer hasn't been to the dog park in over a week. On the plus side it's forcing me to get creative with entertaining him inside. He's getting pretty good at our improvised nose work. Some sun would be nice though.
If you've got enough space for it to get raucous... dinner in a weeble should keep him busy

lille

If you've got enough space for it to get raucous... dinner in a weeble should keep him busy

He eats most of his meals out of a treat ball. If not I use it as treats for a training sessions or he eats out of puzzle toys. He gets food in a bowl maybe once a month if we're running late in the morning. He's a super smart little guy so we try to keep him stimulated.

lille

My mom broke her ankle in three places and I'm 1.5k miles away.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I hope she is ok!

My adult cat is showing some similar symptoms that caused my dog to pass away. Both me and my hubby are troubled and believe that it may have been a chemical or something in the shitty building we lived in to save up money. And if my dog passed, and my cat does in fact suffer the same thing...makes you wonder how we might be impacted too...

x0emnem0x

Words.
Not only am I feeling desperate and vulnerable, but I just feel grouchy lately, pissed off. At everything, no real reasons for it actually. I don't know what's wrong with me, and I feel totally out of control. I don't know how to fix it. I don't know what to do, and I want to do all of these things with my life because it's so short - but I don't know where to start, what order to do them, how to improve anything because I have barely any motivation for anything, let alone any drive. I feel like I'm a waste of space... so out of place in this world we're in, where society is run off of money hungry individuals and success is normally all about who you know or what you look like or how much money you have. My mind is too big for this world because I'm a deep thinker and this stuff just depresses me.

Latest posts

Group builder