What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Love you loops!

Did you tape it to the tow next to it? It amazes me that this is still the solution in our day and age

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Thanks guys! And yes, I did indeed strap it to the toe next to it. Had my foot up to reduce the swelling and generally got fussed over by my mum for a couple of hours so I'm able to limp around now!

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
Definitely wasn't intentional, the mods are working with the admins to try and work out what happened here. I said this on a post in the lounge, but I tried to move all the blogs/clubhouse posts to a private forum for the time being but there's no real way for me to know which posts came from the clubhouse and which have always been in the lounge. :doh:

If you have something you want taking down/hiding from there then send me a link and I will sort it for you.

Also, on the 'things you are unhappy about today' topic, I think I fractured my toe last night. It's currently an interesting shade of purple and three times bigger than the toe on the other foot.

My working theory is that Loopy stubbed her toe on the Dims mainframe on the way to the fridge in the dark. All the posts got jostled around a bit. :p

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39-natKpnkA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39-natKpnkA[/ame]

Today apparently. :(

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
My working theory is that Loopy stubbed her toe on the Dims mainframe on the way to the fridge in the dark. All the posts got jostled around a bit. :p

...and I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for that meddling Sasquatch! :p

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I hate my job. Just. Fucking. Hate. It.

It's boring, my employees are morons, yet my boss won't let me fire them, the hours are terrible, the pay is insulting, it is not rewarding in any sense, and they constantly screw me around...every month or so I get another scare that the position is going to be eliminated for one reason or another.

I've been looking for a new job for the last 2 years, even have a few recruiters, but it's always the same story: I'm over-qualified for nearly everything, and under-experienced for everything else. I'd switch fields, but spent 10 years in university, got a PhD and specialized in a field that SHOULD have been profitable, until the economy went down the toilet. The idea of going back to school again makes me physically ill.

Every morning, I force myself out of bed at an unnatural hour and sob for a solid minute, because I despise where I'm going and would rather drop dead. Not looking for sympathy - just needed to dump that out somewhere. :/

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

It's boring, my employees are morons, yet my boss won't let me fire them, the hours are terrible, the pay is insulting, it is not rewarding in any sense, and they constantly screw me around...every month or so I get another scare that the position is going to be eliminated for one reason or another.

I've been looking for a new job for the last 2 years, even have a few recruiters, but it's always the same story: I'm over-qualified for nearly everything, and under-experienced for everything else. I'd switch fields, but spent 10 years in university, got a PhD and specialized in a field that SHOULD have been profitable, until the economy went down the toilet. The idea of going back to school again makes me physically ill.

Every morning, I force myself out of bed at an unnatural hour and sob for a solid minute, because I despise where I'm going and would rather drop dead. Not looking for sympathy - just needed to dump that out somewhere. :/

But at least the weather's nice, amirite?! (please don't kill me)

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
To paraphrase Amanda Palmer “And who needs (job) love when there's Southern Comfort”?

But seriously, that sucks. The crappy job sucks, but feeling stuck sucks way worse. All I can say is keep plugging away at finding something else, beg, borrow, steal, or blackmail job leads and recommendations, if there is anyone there you can respect then help them get out and hope that they can then help you. And dream of being allowed to fire (out of a cannon) the people you want to get rid of.

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!

You're one of the strongest motherfuckers I know.
If anyone is going to beat the shit out of life, and force it into submission... it's you.
It's like the opening montage of Conan the Barbarian, this shit is messed up but you're surviving and powering through--and eventually you're gonna crush their skulls.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Ditto to all of that. *hugs!* It's super fucking ass.

Is networking a thing in your field? In my field it is. Statistically being hired from a resume submission is like 4%.

75% of jobs posted will never even interview an external candidate, and those who have a recommendation are head and shoulders above the rest.

It makes me feel dirty though. Like I am giving handy shandys to advance.

WHY MEL? WHY IS IT SO HARD JUST TO WANT TO DO YOUR JOB RIGHT AND NOT BE BOTHERED BY STUPID PEOPLE?!?!

<-- unrealistic expectations of the world.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
WHY MEL? WHY IS IT SO HARD JUST TO WANT TO DO YOUR JOB RIGHT AND NOT BE BOTHERED BY STUPID PEOPLE?!?!

It's the curse of intelligence. Stupid people aren't bothered by stupidity. They consider it wit, just as they consider tic-tac-toe an absorbing challenge of strategy and skill. :rolleyes:

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Boatloads of ((HUGS)) to Melian. I have been there and it sucks. Where you wake up so damn depleted dreading another day. I know itll change. You are too awesome for it not to :wubu:

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic
Had the roughest of rough days. Family arguments, raging manipulator co-worker trying to throw me under the bus in front of my boss, burn out in general, doubting myself, dealing with my own depression/unlovability ect.

As Dwes said, its not un-obvious that I am in a long distance type situation and thats been sucking too. Just being far away while life sucker punches you in the head (On the upside, at least I get to come home to my roommate and cat).

Thanks for letting me vent. Im going to make some tea and read Harry Potter.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Had the roughest of rough days. Family arguments, raging manipulator co-worker trying to throw me under the bus in front of my boss, burn out in general, doubting myself, dealing with my own depression/unlovability ect.

As Dwes said, its not un-obvious that I am in a long distance type situation and thats been sucking too. Just being far away while life sucker punches you in the head (On the upside, at least I get to come home to my roommate and cat).

Thanks for letting me vent. Im going to make some tea and read Harry Potter.

I'm sorry your day was crap, sounds pretty bad. We're glad to have you back on the boards, don't mind my sour grapes! Enjoy your tea and make sure to pet your kitty while you read.

Latest posts