What are you unhappy about today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. P Marshall

Dude, that was banned up north when I was living there still...5 years ago now I guess. Luckily, I was home schooled and got to read all the banned books I wanted. Fahrenheit 451 (Irony there), TKaM, Catcher In The Rye (I still don't know what the fuss was about), Huck Finn, The Jungle, Of Mice and Men...y'know, the good stuff.
I went to private school. Are all those books really banned in public schools? What do they have kids read?

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I read all of those in high school and I just graduated in 2009. It's a district decision though so I'm sure it varies pretty considerably.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Yeah, they were banned in the schools. I have no idea what they have them read, I didn't go (thank God)
Yeah, I don't think you can just say "they were banned in the schools." That's a little too broad. I live in a pretty conservative state, and currently and when I was in high school all the previously mentioned books were good to go.

theronin23

In Remembrance
Yeah, I don't think you can just say "they were banned in the schools." That's a little too broad. I live in a pretty conservative state, and currently and when I was in high school all the previously mentioned books were good to go.
It was an extension of my previous statement when I said when I was living up north. I remember hearing about it.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
The jerk-ass elderly man that said "you shouldn't giggle, you'll gain weight" to me today while I was shopping. Like WTF?! He's lucky he was a crabby, OLD fucker or I would have ripped his head off.

Marinate in your own misery, asshole. That's my retaliation.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
hah what the hell? If you giggle you'll gain weight? I'm hoping you're just giving us a snippet and there was more to it than that.

TheMildlyStrangeone

The jerk-ass elderly man that said "you shouldn't giggle, you'll gain weight" to me today while I was shopping. Like WTF?! He's lucky he was a crabby, OLD fucker or I would have ripped his head off.

Marinate in your own misery, asshole. That's my retaliation.

That doesn't even make sense? Laughing is great exercise!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
hah what the hell? If you giggle you'll gain weight? I'm hoping you're just giving us a snippet and there was more to it than that.
I was standing beside his daughter (or wife) and she mentioned something about getting two of something and he said something like "it's ok to get two when you're spending my money" and we both laughed. And he laughed too. I proceeded to say it was the funniest thing I heard all day. The daughter (wife?) walked away and that's when he turned and said that to me. I have a feeling he wasn't the type that enjoyed women being forthright at all so he had to put me in my place. And he was probably senile.

Haha. Old creepy fucker.

Wantabelly

100% FFA
I am most unhappy today about the fact my judgement seems to be failing me..... yet again, i have been proved wrong about someone.... :confused:

Latest posts