What are you unhappy about today?

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by FishCharming, Oct 5, 2010.

1. May 1, 2017 #4081

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!

Being laid off sucks, but that package has to make it a bit easier!! Good luck finding a new place, which has all the parts of a good job!

But also have fun not doing the 9-5...dare I hope for some stories...? =p

(Hey, gotta enjoy the downtime too, if there isn't a financial panic!)

2. May 1, 2017 #4082

fat hiker

fat hiker

fat hiker

Sympathy, Tad, and good luck with the job hunt.

Speaking of which, did you attend a post-secondary institution in the past? Don't forget that most, if not all, colleges and universities make their Employment Services are available to ALL alumni, regardless of how long ago they graduated. Algonquin College, where I teach, has this policy, and regularly reminds Alumni of their services (from resume touch-ups to mock interviews to career counselling to job postings). I know that UOttawa and Carleton University do the same.

3. May 1, 2017 #4083

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake

I am sorry to hear this. Good luck in your search!

4. May 1, 2017 #4084

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

I'm so sorry to hear this Tad!
    And on May 1st - bad workforce karma in a sigificant part of the world.

But there is indeed nothing more difficult than finding the right time to leave anything you have some sort of emotional attachment to.

The very best of luck in the quest for a new professional endeavor - may you find something that is worthy of your talents.

5. May 1, 2017 #4085

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

You'll find something soon, Tad! You're in one of the only industries that isn't a total pile of shit right now, job-wise (plus, you're awesome).

6. May 1, 2017 #4086

rabbitislove

rabbitislove

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic

Yikes! Glad you arent feeling the financial stress immediately! Best of luck in finding a job that will bring you fulfillment and a better work environment.

7. May 2, 2017 #4087

Leem

Leem

Leem

Leem

So sorry Tad. It's not just the financial but emotional toll. My best wishes on your job hunt.

8. May 2, 2017 #4088

RentonBob

RentonBob

RentonBob

I always get back up...

Sorry to hear that Tad. I wish you the best of luck.

When I was laid off 14 years ago, it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me because it led me to where I work now and the great group of people I work with.

I hope this leads you to a better situation as well.

9. May 18, 2017 #4089

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

The emotional roller coaster that comes with job hunting. The anxiety when doing a resume and cover letter as you wonder if you are highlighting the right point. The excitement of getting a call for an interview. Getting all pumped up for an interview and then having this surplus adrenaline afterward. The mental pacing while you wait to hear back. The crash when you hear that 'another candidate was a better match for the skills profile they were looking for' (even when you know you were missing some of what they wanted, that is always hard to take).

And repeat.

It's draining!

10. May 18, 2017 #4090

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

The emotional roller coaster that comes with job hunting. The anxiety when doing a resume and cover letter as you wonder if you are highlighting the right point. The excitement of getting a call for an interview. Getting all pumped up for an interview and then having this surplus adrenaline afterward. The mental pacing while you wait to hear back. The crash when you hear that 'another candidate was a better match for the skills profile they were looking for' (even when you know you were missing some of what they wanted, that is always hard to take).

And repeat.

It's draining!

11. May 18, 2017 #4091

rellis10

rellis10

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow

I feel you, Tad. Been there more than I'd like to admit and it's a crushing thing to come up against. For what it's worth you've always been a great guy on here and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone sees that same light in you and takes you on.

12. May 18, 2017 #4092

Leem

Leem

Leem

Leem

Totally feel you Tad. Job hunting is tough and stressful. I would invite you out for a beer and pizza but I am a little far.

13. May 19, 2017 #4093

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

AmandaLynn

cake, lots & lots of cake

I would invite him out for many beers and at least two pizzas. His belly has potential, but it is not all it could be.

14. Jun 7, 2017 #4094

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

What would you do if your closest friend of 11 years, who you basically talked to everyday the majority of those 11 years, just basically decided to slap you in the face by disappearing (again)? This person has loved me in a way no one else ever has, accepted me as I accepted him, fully, 100%, has let me vent, helped me avoid my suicidal thoughts, my unhappiness, my bad thoughts... has helped me with money, helped me in more ways than I can even write down, or even deserve, ever.

I was going to post this elsewhere, but then I realized instead of being annoyed, I am sad. I'm more than sad... I am unhappy. So unhappy. I am devastated. I'm confused. I'm feeling insanely vulnerable and utterly mad (not upset, but crazy), I feel wrong, I feel used, I feel betrayed and I feel lost, as cliche as that may sound... and I don't know what to think. I'm not crying, but I want to.

I'm trying to type words to explain or vent or... anything.

I just can't.

Cobra Verde likes this.
  15. Jun 7, 2017 #4095

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

I'm so sorry! I hurt my heart when I read that and I don't even know the situation. The feeling of betrayal is horrible as specially when it comes from someone closest to you:( He just disappeared without saying anything?
    Everyone has their own way of dealing with loss. I try to keep myself busy to keep my mind off of it. A good cry always helps when you're sad.

16. Jun 7, 2017 #4096

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

Unfortunately it's not the first time it has happened but it has been quite awhile since the last time it did and he always promised up and down he wouldn't do it again. He's just ignoring me, I can tell... and it sucks...

17. Jun 7, 2017 #4097

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

Him doing you that way is so wrong for what ever the reason. Silence is the worst form of torture and in my experience can cause irreparable damage to a relationship. Hopefully he will reach out to you soon.

18. Jun 7, 2017 #4098

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Sorry you are going thru that but I'm sure there is a reason but it may not be what you think it is so wait a bit I'm sure he will be in touch.
    One thing I do know is guys will distance themselves if they feel the woman is too needy.It makes them feel trapped with no way out.
    Relationships are hard thats why I am not in one.

19. Jun 7, 2017 #4099

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x

Words.

We're not in a relationship. It's complicated. But he's not the type of person to distance himself because he thinks someone is needy. That's childish.

20. Jun 8, 2017 #4100

lille

lille

lille

Future niece was in a car accident and has no short term memory currently. Prayers it's just a bad concussion and she pulls through ok. She's only 16.