What Are You Watching Right Now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

call me jolly & I will sleigh you
Ran across something called 10 Things You Don't Know About while flipping channels this morning...I'm not especially a rabid history fan, but how could I resist the male hotness that is Henry Rollins. He's aging like fine wine. The program is interesting, too. I've learned a few things.

Donna

call me jolly & I will sleigh you
Fell asleep early, so I’m wide awake way too early. When I can’t sleep, I turn to classic films, and they don’t get more classic than Hepburn & Tracy.

This was the last scene Spencer Tracy ever filmed, and he died seventeen days after filming for Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner wrapped up. Katherine Hepburn, his long time love* and the woman he loved the most, portrayed his wife. Hepburn is crying in this scene. The tears were unscripted and real. The love on both their faces is real. It was a different time, but still his message is so deeply resonating.

*Spencer and Katherine never married, despite being together for twenty-six years, their affair ending with his 1967 death, but never married despite being open about their relationship. He was a devout Catholic and would not divorce his wife.

SSBHM

Fell asleep early, so I’m wide awake way too early. When I can’t sleep, I turn to classic films, and they don’t get more classic than Hepburn & Tracy.

This was the last scene Spencer Tracy ever filmed, and he died seventeen days after filming for Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner wrapped up. Katherine Hepburn, his long time love* and the woman he loved the most, portrayed his wife. Hepburn is crying in this scene. The tears were unscripted and real. The love on both their faces is real. It was a different time, but still his message is so deeply resonating.

*Spencer and Katherine never married, despite being together for twenty-six years, their affair ending with his 1967 death, but never married despite being open about their relationship. He was a devout Catholic and would not divorce his wife.

Thank you for posting that clip. It's pretty amazing. It's touching and I think very relevant to us all.

Latest posts