What are your plans for this summer?!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

canadianbbw4u

Summer is here!!!!!!!!
What are you guys doing this summer??

So far this summer we've been camping a few times and I went to my first CFL football game. Usually my b'f works all summer but with the shitty price of oil there's not much work going on in our area. This is allowing us to do more! We are getting away again this weekend for a friends b'day party and again in a few weeks for another CFL game. I like the fact that he isn't working but don't like the no pay check thing!
The Calgary Stampede starts this week, we may check it out while we are there. There are a few fairs/carnivals coming up too. I do try to go to a farmers market every week for fresh veggies.

Gspoon

Spoonah
I'm going to Ireland with my family in late August through early September for my Aunt's wedding, which I am really looking forward to.

Other than that, I am going to do some soul searching. I've had a recent change in my life to the point where I need to discover who I am again. That could mean a lot of different things so I am going to take the time I need to figure life out.

Oh, and concerts! Many, many concerts!

Tad

mostly harmless
Oh, and concerts! Many, many concerts!
Same here. Have one this Friday, then passes for a ~9 day music festival in town.

After we recover from that, I'm not sure. We all agree that we should go somewhere and do something, but we haven't figured out where and what. And we'll probably get at least a few days of camping in, here and there.

canadianbbw4u

OMG That's awesome. I love traveling now. We never travel in the summer since my b'f is usually working. We do all our traveling in late march -may as he is usually off those months. We are going to AC/DC in September:) Have tons of fun and take pics! I'm sure you will have tons of fun!!!!

FreeThinker

I'll probably work through the summer, to make up for the four months of unemployment last year.

It would be nice to do something special for my girlfriend's birthday in early September, but that weekend is busy with a friend's 60th birthday, and a wedding. I'd like to slough those two off to spend some time just with, and just for, her.

Tomorrow is Canada Day, a stat holiday, so she'll have the day off.

I'm in New Jersey.

Not happy.

Gingembre

radar detector
My girlfriend and I are going to Crete for a week of lying in the sun, swimming and pottering about. Can't wait! Apart from that I'll mostly be finishing up my degree, so lots of shifts (unpaid) and hopefully a few paid hours on the side. Other than that, mostly free activities - walks, sitting in the garden etc. Hoping to sort my yard out (the weeds have gone mad!) and might get down to see my family for a long weekend, finances depending. None of this starts until the end of July though, I've a bunch of deadlines before then. :-(

MsBrightside

...I'm in New Jersey.

Not happy.
What?! How can anyone be unhappy in "The Garden State?"

J/k. Hope you get back to your girlfriend soon. :)

My girlfriend and I are going to Crete for a week of lying in the sun, swimming and pottering about. Can't wait! Apart from that I'll mostly be finishing up my degree, so lots of shifts (unpaid) and hopefully a few paid hours on the side. Other than that, mostly free activities - walks, sitting in the garden etc. Hoping to sort my yard out (the weeds have gone mad!) and might get down to see my family for a long weekend, finances depending. None of this starts until the end of July though, I've a bunch of deadlines before then. :-(
Crete sounds amazing! Hope you make it through all of those deadlines with a minimum of fuss.

My plans this month: teaching summer camp, taking in the fireworks downtown on the 4th, and planning celebrations for three family members with July birthdays.

Tracyarts

Taking a couple daytrips and going to a few local events.

Tomorrow we're going to Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX. They've got an IMAX theater, aquarium, rainforest enclosure, and other educational/entertainment stuff as well as a small water park. We're probably just going to see a movie and tour a few exhibits and then head on out when the crowds get really heavy.

Next weekend I'm going to a big scrapbook crop for a charity, think of it as a work party where you work on projects at your table, and socialize, shop, eat junk food, take classes, win prizes, etc...

The weekend after that we're going to Space City Comic Con. Probably all 3 days since it's not far from where we live at all.

Then probably nothing until mid August, and one more day trip to Moody Gardens, because our memberships expire in September. We'll do the water park then.

At the end of August, I'm going to the Creating Keepsakes convention. Papercrafting, scrapbooking, card making. I'm taking a bunch of mixed media art classes there over the weekend.

Luthien

Sounds like everybody has some awesome plans!! My city has TONS of festivals all summer, so I will be volunteering & attending Fringe fest, buskers fest, jazz fest, etc. for most of the summer. I'm only about 4 hours from the Rocky Mountains so there will be lots of weekends there, plus one girls trip to go see a new indie opera in Banff (A Little Too Cozy, a new version of Cosi Fan Tutte for any opera buffs)! I'm a music teacher so I have my summers free to partay lol!

canadianbbw4u

I wanted to go to the food fest in Edm but I don't think we will make it there while it's on. I stay away from Kdays.. way too many people for me.
We go camping by Red Deer every summer with a bunch of friends and I think we will get back to Fernie this summer.
Living in Edm is way better than living in the middle of no where!! Trips to the city are fun though. I do love the VIP theater, sooo comfy!!!!!!
Have fun at all the festivals:)

Sounds like everybody has some awesome plans!! My city has TONS of festivals all summer, so I will be volunteering & attending Fringe fest, buskers fest, jazz fest, etc. for most of the summer. I'm only about 4 hours from the Rocky Mountains so there will be lots of weekends there, plus one girls trip to go see a new indie opera in Banff (A Little Too Cozy, a new version of Cosi Fan Tutte for any opera buffs)! I'm a music teacher so I have my summers free to partay lol!

Luthien

I wanted to go to the food fest in Edm but I don't think we will make it there while it's on. I stay away from Kdays.. way too many people for me.
We go camping by Red Deer every summer with a bunch of friends and I think we will get back to Fernie this summer.
Living in Edm is way better than living in the middle of no where!! Trips to the city are fun though. I do love the VIP theater, sooo comfy!!!!!!
Have fun at all the festivals:)
I love living in Edm during the summer! I avoid Kdays pretty much, sketchy rides + crazy crowds? No thanks! And I am a big fan of VIP theatres too! :)

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I want to take up sewing again, and then maybe take some woodworking classes!

Other than that, just relax and take a day trip or two to the beach!

Latest posts