• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

What aren't you listening to: The overrated music thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
I figured this would be a fairly interesting topic, as most people who listen to music obsessively have some pretty strong opinions on what they dislike. And most people who form strong opinions on music tend to enjoy taking certain sacred cows they can't stand behind the woodshed

So I'll get it out there, I hate Radiohead. It's not even about the music anymore as I'm capable of operating a radio and don't have to listen to something I don't like. For me it's the "How could you not like Radiohead!?" it always seems to bring. It came up most recently at a staff meeting when one of our writers was talking about going to see some dour English band and I made a crack about Radiohead.

Cue the firing squad of "How could you not like Radiohead...Maybe you just didn't understand KID A because it was unconventional...Even if you didn't like KID A OK COMPUTER is one of the most SIGNIFICANT ALBUMS OF OUR TIME"

My honest opinion of OK Computer is that it's a fraud of a GOAT album, although I think Electioneering is a great song I can't say I remember much of anything else from it aside from the singles. So that's what, four tracks that really stand out, and only one which I actually remember because it was a good song rather than simple conditioning? And Blur did the whole "modern life is scary and depressing" thing much better a year earlier and on one track, rather than an entire plodding album, with "He Thought of Cars."

But mostly I just hate listening to the reasons why the album (and band) is SIGNIFICANT versus what I guess is the pablum every other artist puts out. This anti-elitism streak also explains why I really can't stand El-P's music and persona or the people who jock his post-apocalyptic nerd rap garbage. Oh wow, you made a literary reference in a rap song that sounds vaguely ominous, I feel smarter because I took a freshman level literature course and get it :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back