What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Micara

Living and Learning
I'm starting "Water For Elephants". I borrowed it from my friend.

Dromond

Old school
I'm on a history kick right now. I just got two books from the library. "Wit and Wisdom of Abraham Lincoln," and "Civil War Blunders." I also saw, "The South Was RIGHT!" on the shelf... but... I passed on it.

biggirlsrock

Cunning Linguist
On an Ann Rule kick...just finished the stranger beside me (ted bundy) & green river turning red (gary ridgway). i'm in the middle of small sacrifices now.

LovelyLiz

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Notes From Underground
Wooooooo! Dostoevsky :wubu:

I really liked that book - but the main character's neuroses kinda jacked me up because when I read it (about 10 years ago) I was going through a pretty neurotic period myself. But it also helped shake some things loose. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Edens_heel

I really liked that book - but the main character's neuroses kinda jacked me up because when I read it (about 10 years ago) I was going through a pretty neurotic period myself. But it also helped shake some things loose. Hope you enjoy it. :)
Agreed about the Dostoevsky love - my favourite writer, with Brothers K as still, to this day, my favourite book. The last chapter just makes me cry. In fact, I still have one final book on my Dostoevsky reading list: The Adolescent. Might have to crack that soon...

LovelyLiz

Agreed about the Dostoevsky love - my favourite writer, with Brothers K as still, to this day, my favourite book. The last chapter just makes me cry. In fact, I still have one final book on my Dostoevsky reading list: The Adolescent. Might have to crack that soon...
Yeah, I'm with you on the Brothers K. I especially like all the stuff with Father Zossima. But really, all the brothers are such amazing characters. Incredible book. You may be urging me to read it for the 4th time...maybe this summer! I haven't read The Adolescent either - let me know what you think. (It's funny, I had ready most everything else by Dostoevsky before I finally read Crime and Punishment a few years ago.)

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
I just got a great gift in the mail from my brother and sister-in-law......
A copy of North by Northwestern autographed by the entire crew of the F/V Northwestern!!!! The book is the story of Sig, Edgar and Norman Hansen of Deadliest Catch fame. I was so excited to get a copy of the book it took me 2 days to notice the 7 autographs, what a dope! I'm enjoying the book, what a crazy life these guys and their families have lived.

supersizebbw

Who run the world..Girls!
I hadn't read any of his work before and a friend convinced me to try it...i'm loving it so far...the main characters train of thought is a real rollercoaster ride...i'm definitely a fan and will be moving on to his other books next.

Will definitely read Brothers K after i'm done with this one since everyone seems to have really liked it too.

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I'm reading Anne of Avonlea. I started it last night and am in pretty far. I bought a LM Montgomery collection of her works and it's going to supply me with a lot of reading :D (It's 2900 pages)

MuleVariationsNYC

Math ap Mathonwy
Just finished two books. First, "The Brief, Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz. Fantastic. Second, "The Blind Contessa's New Machine" by Carey Wallace. I'm admittedly biased, as the author is a good friend of mine, but Amazon reviews here.

Next up, the transcript of a 1971 debate between Chomsky and Foucault about their views on human nature. Should be fun. Or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

willowmoon

Don't Panic!
Mike Nelson's Movie Megacheese -- it's a book from MST3K host Michael J. Nelson -- essential reading for any MST3K fan!

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I just finished Anne of Ingleside. I am now taking a break from Anne and moving on to Touch of Dead, a collection of Sookie Stackouse short stories.

mejix

meh
finished the constant gardener by john le carre. about to finish never let me go by kazuo ishiguro. nibbling on poems of nazim hikmet, and hold everything dear, essays by john berger.

LovelyLiz

Finished Absurdistan and really recommend it! Especially on this website. The main character is about a 350 pound man, and though it's a comedy and sometimes his weight is played for laughs, he has relationships and sex, etc. (and the women he dates are not small either). It was very funny.

Now I'm reading Hannah's Child: A Theologian's Memoir which is the autobiography of one of my favorite theologians/ethicists, Stanley Hauerwas.

Edens_heel

Finally finished Mein Kampf and decided to wash my brain out with The Tibetan Book of the Dead. This week, read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and am now 300 pages into its sequel, The Girl who Played with Fire. Some questionable plotting, but overall very fun - and Lisbeth Salander is one of the more interesting protagonists I've come across in a long time. Easy to see why so many have flocked to these titles.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
I see lots of people walking around with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, anyone read that group of books yet?

I have a long flight on Monday and was thinking about picking one up for the trip.

Latest posts