Quantcast

What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Decided to give Raymond Chandler a miss and am reading Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Yeah, it's about bunnies. Make somethin' of it! :mad:

Rojodi

Adirondack Mysteries and Other Mountain Tales Volume 2
Compiled and edited by Dennis Webster

Jigen

Miguel de Cervantes, The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Dune by Frank Herbert (rereading)
I'm about eight years overdue for a reread on this one, myself. It might not be a good idea to put off the stack of unread books I've got to blaze through it again, but...

In any case, I'm currently reading Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts, which is a collection of short stories. So far, they're pretty damn good, and I've been jumping around so that "Pop Art", the one that the introduction author describes as his favorite, is the last one I read.

Rojodi

I'm about eight years overdue for a reread on this one, myself. It might not be a good idea to put off the stack of unread books I've got to blaze through it again, but...

In any case, I'm currently reading Joe Hill's 20th Century Ghosts, which is a collection of short stories. So far, they're pretty damn good, and I've been jumping around so that "Pop Art", the one that the introduction author describes as his favorite, is the last one I read.
I believe everyone should read an anthology every two, three books. Good way to "cleanse the palate," so to speak.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Rereading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. One of my favorites. FFAs should read this if they have not, actually everyone should.

Jigen

I think I have broken my personal best. We des day I ended Don Quixote, thursday I ended George Orwell's Animal Farm, between friday and yesterday Hermann Hesse's Siddharta. Now I'm taking on Elective Affinities, by Wolfgang Goethe. I'm suprised my brain has not burned out already.

balletguy

Big Trouble by DAVE Barry. Kind of like a goofy mystery I read it a few years ago, and just picked it back up at the library the other day

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
I just finished Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain. Any Bourdain fan should read. It's both entertaining and provides insight into the culinary industry. You might want to read it if you eat out frequently.

I also finished The Man Who Fell to Earth by Walter Tevis. I think it might be one of his most popular books (also made into a movie) and I enjoyed it, but not as much as some of his others. The ending felt extremely abrupt to me. I had to look up the ending online to make sure my ebook hadn't just lopped a chunk off.

Now I'm partway through Vonnegut's Deadeye Dick and want to fit in B.F Skinner's Walden Two after, though I have doubt that a major psychologist could head into literature as smoothly as a major philosopher (at least the existentialists.)

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
Hallucinations by Oliver Sacks (RIP)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Read the last of the Elizabeth Haydon books (Rhapsody trilogy plus three).

It really did feel like plus three at the end. My favourite characters weren't even the focus, and the tertiary characters added nothing to the books :(

fat hiker

Blue River, Black Sea by Andrew Eames. Amusing, if a little odd in places. There's a BHM he meets near the end, who hoists his belly onto a retaining wall while looking out over the Danube...

Latest posts