Quantcast

What book are you reading right now?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I'm almost done with SUPERGODS by Grant Morrison.

It's not really a comic book history title but more of an analysis of comic books. So far, it's pretty good and I like what he has to say.

Dennis

LumpySmile

Steaming Up! The autobiography of Samuel Vauclain.

Long out of print, I've been wanting it for years. Finally got a copy for my birthday.

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I'm currently reading THE GUNS OF THE SOUTH by Harry Turtledove. Yes, this is alternate earth history which features a faction of South Africans from the far future year of 2014 (the book was written in 1992) time traveling to 1864 and giving the Confederacy limitless quantities of AK-47s and ammunition.

So far it's a fun read, if a silly premise. The South winning the war isn't a new story idea but Turtledove is doing okay with it.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Trying to read through the first Wheel of Time book on Jons kindle (it's his favorite series ever) but I haven't been in much of a reading mood lately! :(

Angel

no apologies for being me
Finished reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte last week.
Started reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

LumpySmile

Not so much READING it as looking at the photographs, but I'm currently enjoying the National Audubon Society's North American Birdfeeder Handbook.

Had a Yellow Warbler in my tree the other day! Very pretty bird. Too bad he wasn't singing.

fat hiker

The Martian - the book the movie was based on.

I haven't seen the movie, but the book is a real page-turner - one of the best mixtures of suspense and adventure I have read in years!

And it's good, solid, science-rich science fiction too!

FreeThinker

A magazine, if that counts:

Film Noir
75 Years of the Greatest Crime Films

A Life magazine (on magazine stands until November 18, 2016).

Featured a piece on The Third Man, so I bought it.

Includes items parallel/tangential to the genre. Not really in-depth, but a decent primer on the topic. Introduced me to many films I'll need to see ("Laura", in particular, looks interesting).

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
I found myself with a Ray Bradbury craving, so I pulled out my copy of THE MARTIAN CHRONICLES and I'm reading that again for the first time since at least high school.

I loved the book as a kid and it's still marvelous now.

Latest posts