What 'derp' / 'doh' moment did you have today?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MsBrightside

At 10:09am I was sitting at my desk, working away, having already talked to a few people today. Then I happened to glance to one side and something off about my golf shirt caught my eye. I had to look twice more before I realized I was looking at a seam, and I was wearing it inside out.

Time to run away to the washroom to fix that, and to then apparently have MORE COFFEE!
Haha--been there, done that. Many times. It's even worse when other people notice before you do. :p

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
So, dont know how to say this without it sounding bad. Cuz it is. I think brevity i
Will be key.

Walked into work bathroom about a week ago.
Dropped trou before i was in the stall.

Luckily, no one else was there. I would have had to shame quit on the spot.

Why did i do that, you might ask? Well, i only live with my guy. Pants and closed doors are optional. Apparently i was tired and forgot i wasnt home. Lol.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Saw leos post about voicechat via email. I replied to that email like it would somehow magically appear on the boards.

I imagine the Admin's being like wtf? :doh:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Floors in the bathroom at work are so shiney i could see the girl pooping next to me in the floor.

Wasnt until i got out of the bathroom i was like omg she can see meeeee!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Reflection in the floor! not pooping ON the floor! How does one even poop IN a floor?!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Haha! Does duration of event play into consideration, then? And is it how fast, or how long?

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Floors in the bathroom at work are so shiney i could see the girl pooping next to me in the floor.

Wasnt until i got out of the bathroom i was like omg she can see meeeee!
Oh gosh. Years back I was running the Rock and Roll Marathon in San Diego. Long about mile 9 I ducked into a parking lot on the edge of downtown where there was some landscaping. Marathon routes usually have those little blue outhouses, but the line was long and people were just peeing in the bushes. I found a corner of the parking lot and did the same. Just as I dropped my shorts a girl ran up next to me, dropped her shorts and squatted down. I looked at her and thought, "Fair enough, if the men are doing it I suppose a woman should be able to as well." I did think it was odd she didn't go somewhere more secluded and instead chose to do her business so close to me. She was literally right next to me. I tried to pretend she wasn't there as I did my thing. Then I heard it. Then I smelt it. Impulsively I looked down and then I saw it coming out of her. :eek: Yup, she squatted down right next to me and dropped a deuce! I finished up and was on my was as quickly as I could be. I wonder what she used to wipe?

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I was in the bathroom and almost slipped. I ran out to my friend and said "Dude, I was just in the bathroom and almost ate shit!" The guy standing next to us looked mortified.

My choice of words could have been better.

x0emnem0x

Words.
Not technically me, but I'm sure my mom had this moment, and I wanted to facepalm.

I am barely awake, get a text from her which wakes me up, "can you unlock the door, I am stuck outside in the freezing cold and Kenzie (my niece) is on her way"...

I get up, go look at the door. Totally unlocked. Not locked at all. I open the door: "It's not locked"...

Proceed to go back to bed, lol.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Not technically me, but I'm sure my mom had this moment, and I wanted to facepalm.

I am barely awake, get a text from her which wakes me up, "can you unlock the door, I am stuck outside in the freezing cold and Kenzie (my niece) is on her way"...

I get up, go look at the door. Totally unlocked. Not locked at all. I open the door: "It's not locked"...

Proceed to go back to bed, lol.

This is like my life. Except i am your mom. Lol

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I was incapable of ordering my own coffee and breakfast this AM.

I needed to restort to a mixture of vague hand signals and a reliance on them knowing my order.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Today I attempted a 405 pound deadlift. That's 1 bar that weighs 45 pounds and 4 plates, each at 45 pounds. At my size (170 pounds) this is at the moment the very brink of my abilities and takes some serious mental preparation and everything going right. And it didn't...

Instead of a 4th 45 pound plate I put a 35 and a 10 because they were easier to load. But I forgot to load the 10 on each side and the weight wasn't balanced. I feel the extra 10 pounds I was missing wouldn't have made the difference on the lift but the unbalanced load certainly did. I got off the floor but could t reach lockout, one side heavier than the other. I had to abandon the attempt and due to the mental prep needed will have to try again another time. :mad:

Latest posts

Group builder