What did you buy today? Kitchen/Dining Edition

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

If you're like me, you're probably always either browsing or buying something for your kitchen and/or dining room. So, I figured we can show off our purchases here.

I'll start!

Can I just say that signing up for Amazon Prime is the best money I've ever spent?

lol

6 Piece Bamboo Cooking Utensil Set 4 Spoons and 2 Turners

View attachment 64312

Kapoosh Knife Holder with Sharpener, Red
View attachment 64313

Chicago Metallic Commercial Cookie/Jelly Roll Pans, Set of 2
View attachment 64314

Oxo Good Grips Pastry Scraper
View attachment 64315

OXO Good Grips Pepper and Salt Grinder
View attachment 64316

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
I bought a damn kitchen! LOL Finally almost pix ready.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Misty, looks like you're gonna have a good time in the kitchen with your purchases! Hey, I have that stoneware crock, same color ... love it!

Friday, oooo, can't wait to see the finished pics! I assume you're gonna share them with us all? if not i'd love a private show, please, so i can die of envy all green and everything

MisticalMisty

Misty, looks like you're gonna have a good time in the kitchen with your purchases! Hey, I have that stoneware crock, same color ... love it!

Friday, oooo, can't wait to see the finished pics! I assume you're gonna share them with us all? if not i'd love a private show, please, so i can die of envy all green and everything
lol..Thanks..

I bought all of that..and really have no place to put it...damn galley kitchen.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
This weekend Ris. They finally came in and repainted all the dings that happen when you install granite and painted the ceiling with an eggshell finish like it was supposed to be. So much better than the flat. Then get all the recessed lighting back into place, wipe down the counters and we're picture ready. I'm soooooooo happy.

Risible

Monkey Daze
Well, then - Let the gourmet cooking and feasting commence! Congratulations! :happy::happy::happy:

MissToodles

dead peasant
Haven't bought any new kitchen supplies lately, but yes Amazon prime combined with heavily discounted prices on amazon--watch out!

The last item I purchased back in December was a 12 qt Cusiniart Stockpot:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008CM6K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It was marked down to $25 (from originally over $100) and I snatched one up. All the large pots I have were cheap and made out of very thin metal. When I cooked soup, some of the ingredients at the bottom of the pan would burn. I couldn't resist for such an inexpensive price. Very happy with the stockpot months later, has great heft. I actually save money now because I'm willing to make more things from scratch using it.

View attachment 41CYK4WTJRL._AA280_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Would have loved to have one of those. They're back to $60 now

Haven't bought any new kitchen supplies lately, but yes Amazon prime combined with heavily discounted prices on amazon--watch out!

The last item I purchased back in December was a 12 qt Cusiniart Stockpot:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00008CM6K/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

It was marked down to $25 (from originally over $100) and I snatched one up. All the large pots I have were cheap and made out of very thin metal. When I cooked soup, some of the ingredients at the bottom of the pan would burn. I couldn't resist for such an inexpensive price. Very happy with the stockpot months later, has great heft. I actually save money now because I'm willing to make more things from scratch using it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisticalMisty

I bought a sno cone machine! I always get a craving for sour green apple sno cones in like..DECEMBER!

So, I found this machine and I absolutely love it. It works great for one or two people and their syrup is really, really tasty!

You can go here and see the package deal I got. The machine, a bottle of syrup and a load of other stuff for like 44 bucks. I picked up a couple more flavors.

Oh..speaking of flavors..they have 75 and you can check out what they offer here!

toni

In the know
I picked up 4 sets (8 total) of Rachel Ray mini cast iron oval casserole dishes. They are super cute. Great to make individual meals or a cute way to serve guests.

I got them for 8 bucks at the Fortuneoff going out of business sale.

Mine are orange to match my RR pots that I got for 85 bucks at the Linens and Things going out of business sale. ;)

View attachment rrmini.jpg

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Misty, do they have a restaurant supply type place anywhere near you? The kind of place where you buy lettuce by the case and stuff. We have a chain here called Cash and Carry and they carry those Torani flavored syrups for like $3.50 a bottle. The Torani site also says they have them in Nebraska at Cost Plus World Market and several grocery chains.

MisticalMisty

Misty, do they have a restaurant supply type place anywhere near you? The kind of place where you buy lettuce by the case and stuff. We have a chain here called Cash and Carry and they carry those Torani flavored syrups for like $3.50 a bottle. The Torani site also says they have them in Nebraska at Cost Plus World Market and several grocery chains.
I'm not sure if there's one here in Oklahoma City. Surely there is...I know of a couple in Tulsa if I need to go back there.

Thanks.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
oh that's cute! I bet my kids would like that for this summer. That is if it ever gets hot here which I'm starting to doubt will happen. :rolleyes:

It was 80 something the other day, so there's hope yet I guess!

I bought a sno cone machine! I always get a craving for sour green apple sno cones in like..DECEMBER!

So, I found this machine and I absolutely love it. It works great for one or two people and their syrup is really, really tasty!

You can go here and see the package deal I got. The machine, a bottle of syrup and a load of other stuff for like 44 bucks. I picked up a couple more flavors.

Oh..speaking of flavors..they have 75 and you can check out what they offer here!

Risible

Monkey Daze
Haven't been able to afford it, but I've been lusting after the All-Clad 14" skillet. I got a 14" Rachael Ray non-stick skillet a little over a year, but the coating's wearing off, and I've read terrible reviews on it; however, the 14" size is very handy and I'm dying to replace it with the All-Clad version (not teflon coated).

View attachment 317NBKC8QJL._AA280_.jpg

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
By no means a large purchase, but I recently got this combination salt and pepper shaker. It's called Salt and Peeper.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
I wasn't kidding when I said I bought a whole damn kitchen, here t'is

Okay, finally. I tried to to use early morning light and got a lot of glare so I had to flick the light on in one pic and I'm not great at this. Don't mind the Buster Fur Monster traps on all the counters. All these new counter tops are like crack for a nosy boy like him and I WILL break him of that. I know where his feet have been and they will not be on my counters.

From the second arch, standing next to the fridge and looking towards the far end of the kitchen. There a sliding door at the end of the counter and that little bit of counter top in the far wall has a wine cooler under it.

A little further in, you get a better look at the window and a little more of the pantry cupboards down at the end.

This is the one I flipped the light on in. You just couldn't see other wise. You can see my baking area and double ovens. There's a small prep sink on the end of the counter.

Here you can get a better view (although dark) of the ovens and the nice cupboard to the left of the ovens where I keep all the baking supplies. The cupboards under counter are half mixing bowls, glass cake pans, etc and the one on the left has the vertical pan rack where you can slot in cookie sheets, broiler pans, cooling racks, extra oven shelves, etc.

Looking back towards the outer wall you can see a bit of the bar, the closed door is the utility room and the open one is D's little half bath, right next to the garage where he needs it.

Looking back towards the dining room (which you can't see) is the wall between the two arches and more cupboards. I sold my soul for cupboards. You may notice a trap or two. That's the edge of the bar in the foreground.

Straight on at D's fancy coffee corner (that he never uses), that's my cold drawers underneath to the right.

Looking out the window over the sink. The glare keeps you from seeing much but the granite runs up the wall to the window and the sill is granite as well. No more ruined sills from over watered plants or people putting wet glasses up there.

My glorious, six burner gas stove with the pop up downdraft behind it.

And the island it's set in (ignore the Buster traps). You can kind of see the bar that runs on the back side of the island. I didn't think to get a pic of it. I'm going to have the devil's own time finding stools tall enough for it.

Hope this all fits.