What did you buy today? Kitchen/Dining Edition

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BarbBBW

Yep, I am BACK!
I wasn't kidding when I said I bought a whole damn kitchen, here t'is

Okay, finally. I tried to to use early morning light and got a lot of glare so I had to flick the light on in one pic and I'm not great at this. Don't mind the Buster Fur Monster traps on all the counters. All these new counter tops are like crack for a nosy boy like him and I WILL break him of that. I know where his feet have been and they will not be on my counters.

From the second arch, standing next to the fridge and looking towards the far end of the kitchen. There a sliding door at the end of the counter and that little bit of counter top in the far wall has a wine cooler under it.

A little further in, you get a better look at the window and a little more of the pantry cupboards down at the end.

This is the one I flipped the light on in. You just couldn't see other wise. You can see my baking area and double ovens. There's a small prep sink on the end of the counter.

Here you can get a better view (although dark) of the ovens and the nice cupboard to the left of the ovens where I keep all the baking supplies. The cupboards under counter are half mixing bowls, glass cake pans, etc and the one on the left has the vertical pan rack where you can slot in cookie sheets, broiler pans, cooling racks, extra oven shelves, etc.

Looking back towards the outer wall you can see a bit of the bar, the closed door is the utility room and the open one is D's little half bath, right next to the garage where he needs it.

Looking back towards the dining room (which you can't see) is the wall between the two arches and more cupboards. I sold my soul for cupboards. You may notice a trap or two. That's the edge of the bar in the foreground.

Straight on at D's fancy coffee corner (that he never uses), that's my cold drawers underneath to the right.

Looking out the window over the sink. The glare keeps you from seeing much but the granite runs up the wall to the window and the sill is granite as well. No more ruined sills from over watered plants or people putting wet glasses up there.

My glorious, six burner gas stove with the pop up downdraft behind it.

And the island it's set in (ignore the Buster traps). You can kind of see the bar that runs on the back side of the island. I didn't think to get a pic of it. I'm going to have the devil's own time finding stools tall enough for it.

Hope this all fits.
I AM extremely JEALOUS!! sooooo beautiful!!

IdahoCynth

Cockchafer
Friday that is a beautiful kitchen! It looks nearly as big as my house lol and I am not kidding.

You have all the nice stuff I see on the "tv cooking show kitchens", very nice, very nice!

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Awesome kitchen! I'm very jealous!

Okay, finally. I tried to to use early morning light and got a lot of glare so I had to flick the light on in one pic and I'm not great at this. Don't mind the Buster Fur Monster traps on all the counters. All these new counter tops are like crack for a nosy boy like him and I WILL break him of that. I know where his feet have been and they will not be on my counters.

From the second arch, standing next to the fridge and looking towards the far end of the kitchen. There a sliding door at the end of the counter and that little bit of counter top in the far wall has a wine cooler under it.

A little further in, you get a better look at the window and a little more of the pantry cupboards down at the end.

This is the one I flipped the light on in. You just couldn't see other wise. You can see my baking area and double ovens. There's a small prep sink on the end of the counter.

Here you can get a better view (although dark) of the ovens and the nice cupboard to the left of the ovens where I keep all the baking supplies. The cupboards under counter are half mixing bowls, glass cake pans, etc and the one on the left has the vertical pan rack where you can slot in cookie sheets, broiler pans, cooling racks, extra oven shelves, etc.

Looking back towards the outer wall you can see a bit of the bar, the closed door is the utility room and the open one is D's little half bath, right next to the garage where he needs it.

Looking back towards the dining room (which you can't see) is the wall between the two arches and more cupboards. I sold my soul for cupboards. You may notice a trap or two. That's the edge of the bar in the foreground.

Straight on at D's fancy coffee corner (that he never uses), that's my cold drawers underneath to the right.

Looking out the window over the sink. The glare keeps you from seeing much but the granite runs up the wall to the window and the sill is granite as well. No more ruined sills from over watered plants or people putting wet glasses up there.

And the island it's set in (ignore the Buster traps). You can kind of see the bar that runs on the back side of the island. I didn't think to get a pic of it. I'm going to have the devil's own time finding stools tall enough for it.

Hope this all fits.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Friday, I have been waiting for these pictures. Everything looks fantastic. That stove!! I would actually enjoy cooking, if I had that kitchen. Do you have any other remodel plans?

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
Wow, Friday! What a gorgeous kitchen! Mark and I long for a huge kitchen because a full-size, well-appointed kitchen just makes cooking and baking so much less of a chore and more fun. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Risible

Monkey Daze
Great job, Friday! You must be very proud! I love the way you've set up your kitchen - a place for everything and everything in its place. :D Very nice use of negative space mixed in with the cabinets - very pleasing to the eye.

I have one of those slideout trash drawers too - love it. I have a (relatively) tiny kitchen, and had to chose my cabinets carefully, but the space that trash drawer takes up was well worth it. I love the tall, arched faucet, too - we have one along with a deep sink and it's so easy now to slide that tall stock pot under it.

And how very considerate of you to install all those miles of countertop for Buster's perusal. :p

Sugar

I did two things after seeing these pics... 1) I made sure I didn't pee myself and 2) I had a slight daydream about me cooking and dancing and then kissing a hunky Italian man in that kitchen.

So when can I come over?

Hope this all fits.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Friday, I have been waiting for these pictures. Everything looks fantastic. That stove!! I would actually enjoy cooking, if I had that kitchen. Do you have any other remodel plans?
Mossy, I can say with total conviction that other than paint and carpet...'As God is my witness I will never remodel anything ever again!'. Seriously, unless I could move out while they did it I will never live through that kind of mess again. Yes it was worth it...now, but there were times between 12/01 (the day they ripped out the existing facilities) and the second week in April when I could finally boil water again that I was ready to set a match to the whole thing.

But it's done now and I love it. Now if I can keep Buster from setting his hairy self on fire on the cooktop. Hairy little weirdo is fascinated by dancing flames. :doh:

I thank you all for your kind words and appreciation and I promise anyone who shows up on my doorstep will be well fed (just don't expect the rest of the house to measure up, it's old and comfy like me :happy:).

Ella and Mossy, you two are an easy commute. Lets DOOOOOO IT girls.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
Great job, Friday! You must be very proud! I love the way you've set up your kitchen - a place for everything and everything in its place. :D Very nice use of negative space mixed in with the cabinets - very pleasing to the eye.

I have one of those slideout trash drawers too - love it. I have a (relatively) tiny kitchen, and had to chose my cabinets carefully, but the space that trash drawer takes up was well worth it. I love the tall, arched faucet, too - we have one along with a deep sink and it's so easy now to slide that tall stock pot under it.

And how very considerate of you to install all those miles of countertop for Buster's perusal. :p
I love them too Ris, very handy but out of sight. We do have a small lidded can under the sink for non-recyclables that can't go down the disposal but we don't produce much. It's great that the local PUD turns all my vegetable peels and other disposal stuff into a fine product called TAGRO. Free to the public in small amounts (5 gals) and dirt cheap by the truckload. Stuff doesn't smell like flowers the first few times it rains but plants LOVE it (and it's all sterilized).

Risible

Monkey Daze
I love them too Ris, very handy but out of sight. We do have a small lidded can under the sink for non-recyclables that can't go down the disposal but we don't produce much. It's great that the local PUD turns all my vegetable peels and other disposal stuff into a fine product called TAGRO. Free to the public in small amounts (5 gals) and dirt cheap by the truckload. Stuff doesn't smell like flowers the first few times it rains but plants LOVE it (and it's all sterilized).
Wow, that PUD program sounds great! Wish we had that ... I do collect some, but can't use them all, fruit and veg scraps for our worms. Seems they've really gotten busy and multiplied since the weather has started to warm up this year and now they're consuming more stuff. Our own little TAGRO program, I guess you could call it. :)

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
just let me know when lady!

Mossy, I can say with total conviction that other than paint and carpet...'As God is my witness I will never remodel anything ever again!'. Seriously, unless I could move out while they did it I will never live through that kind of mess again. Yes it was worth it...now, but there were times between 12/01 (the day they ripped out the existing facilities) and the second week in April when I could finally boil water again that I was ready to set a match to the whole thing.

But it's done now and I love it. Now if I can keep Buster from setting his hairy self on fire on the cooktop. Hairy little weirdo is fascinated by dancing flames. :doh:

I thank you all for your kind words and appreciation and I promise anyone who shows up on my doorstep will be well fed (just don't expect the rest of the house to measure up, it's old and comfy like me :happy:).

Ella and Mossy, you two are an easy commute. Lets DOOOOOO IT girls.

Shosh

Susannah
Your new kitchen is so spacious. It is lovely. I really especially like your appliances, especially the oven.
What a difference having a spacious and well equipped kitchen makes. My sister's kitchen in her rented home is so pokey, and my sister is an amazing cook. It just does not do her justice.

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
It's funny Shosh. I've always loved to cook, looked forward to doing holiday dinners etc but now I sometimes literally wake up Saturday morning thinking about what I want to cook and head straight out to the kitchen without even getting dressed. :rolleyes:

Friday

Not fap material. Bye!
My sister got me a magnetic knife holder for my birthday. It's a bar that we put up on the side of the cabinet to the right of the sink. All my good knives fit on it neatly. I'm so happy to get them out of the drawer. It's not good for them to be jumbled in there and they're sharp! I've cut myself digging one out more than once.