What did you buy today? Kitchen/Dining Edition

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
I feel really nerdy being as excited as i am about my purchase :) I am staying in a hotel with a kitchen so i can bake Alex's birthday cake for his party tomorrow and there was no measuring device. So went to the store and picked up this cool little set of measuring stuff. It's scoops that have on one end the cups and the other end of the handle are measuring spoons. Its so cool. i like the scoop factor of it but it also has the spoon measurements that i'll need while cooking! I'm so excited :D

comaseason

Housewares

I'm gonna make me some serious sandwiches. Little pan roasted turkey, little tillamook sharp cheddar, little pesto, little roasted red pepper, little gorganzola... oh my. Tasty. :eat2:

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I just bought a Hamilton Beach red automatic coffee maker.

And I bought some cheese from Laughing Cow. I used to LOVE Laughing Cow cheese so I'm reinvestigating.

MisticalMisty

What is this stuff Misty?
You buy 3 items and the 4th one is free. It's on a lot of different things. When you click on the item, scroll down and it should say this item qualifies for our 4 for 3 promotion.

I've gotten some great stuff.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
You buy 3 items and the 4th one is free. It's on a lot of different things. When you click on the item, scroll down and it should say this item qualifies for our 4 for 3 promotion.

I've gotten some great stuff.
I know this sounds retarded but other than the third item I'm not sure what those things are you posted. :confused: Is the first one a rolling pin? I'm seriously asking. lol

By the way, I just bought a Wolfgang Puck Food Processor in red! :wubu:

MisticalMisty

I know this sounds retarded but other than the third item I'm not sure what those things are you posted. :confused: Is the first one a rolling pin? I'm seriously asking. lol

Some of it's not posted here because it includes a lot of stuff from their site..not just kitchen stuff. I've gotten some books and a few grocery items..etc.

Red...you're a woman after my heart with all this red stuff!

cnk2cav

I think the first is a rolling pin, second a silicone cookie sheet kind of thing, and I'm still trying to figure out the fourth...

Oh, and my most recent purchase was a magic bullet, and I'm loving it!

Sugar

I think the first is a rolling pin, second a silicone cookie sheet kind of thing, and I'm still trying to figure out the fourth, maybe meat tenderizers?
A grill pan for indoor use.

A cookie/biscuit cutters.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I think the first is a rolling pin, second a silicone cookie sheet kind of thing, and I'm still trying to figure out the fourth...

Oh, and my most recent purchase was a magic bullet, and I'm loving it!
A grill pan for indoor use.

A cookie/biscuit cutters.
Thanks ladies. The silicone matt I had no clue what that was. Without a true scale as to the size of the items it was hard to tell. The cookie/biscuit cutters could have also been cake pan inserts to my eye. Thanks! :)

MisticalMisty

Thanks ladies. The silicone matt I had no clue what that was. Without a true scale as to the size of the items it was hard to tell. The cookie/biscuit cutters could have also been cake pan inserts to my eye. Thanks! :)
Sorry..I was really dense today.

The first round I bought 2 whisks, a garlic press and some clips.

The ladies explained the others. Sorry!

Carrie

I'm in the process of gradually replacing all of my second-hand, mismatched kitchen stuff with new quality stuff, and yesterday this Cuisinart pots & pans set arrived:

And it is beautiful. Great quality, much better than I'd dared imagine for such a low price. They have a thick, heavy bottom, and the one I christened last night washed up like a dream. Very, very happy (though, as a new cooking convert, I'm struggling with feelings of "I'm not worthy!"). :smitten:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sugar

I'm in the process of gradually replacing all of my second-hand, mismatched kitchen stuff with new quality stuff, and yesterday this Cuisinart pots & pans set arrived:

And it is beautiful. Great quality, much better than I'd dared imagine for such a low price. They have a thick, heavy bottom, and the one I christened last night washed up like a dream. Very, very happy (though, as a new cooking convert, I'm struggling with feelings of "I'm not worthy!"). :smitten:
You are SO worthy...and I'll be over around 7 for dinner! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
I really like the stainless set that I bought a few years ago, and you'll wonder how you ever got along without it. :)

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I just bought a Hamilton Beach red automatic coffee maker.

And I bought some cheese from Laughing Cow. I used to LOVE Laughing Cow cheese so I'm reinvestigating.
OMG, this coffee maching is JUST what I needed! So glad. :bounce:

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher

I finally got around to opening the box for this food processor from Wolfgang Puck and it.. is.. the.. AWESOME!! I made Australian lamb with onions, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh mint and rosmary, kosher salt, pepper and a smidge of vinegar. Tossed it all in the processor and let it spin. Boy did this lamb come out GOOD. The processor works and cleans like a dream. I owned an inexpensive processor before that I loved but when my sister had her baby and needed one I gave it to her since I wasn't using it much at the time. I couldnt find the same model at Target so I was heart broken but I am very pleased with this purchase. More than a worthy replacement.

As you recall I also purchased a red coffee maker. I was worried that all these red appliances would be mis matched shades and funny looking against each other but I'm not picky. Whatever is cute and works. What is so peculiar though is that both the coffee maker and the processor aren't really red per se. They are like a deep cranberry and match each other perfetly and coincidentally, the lids to my Rubbermaid plastic containers too. So I Forrest Gumped my way into looking like one of those type A, eye twitching, anal compulsive "Everything Must Match" kitchen whores. Cool!

Reactions: Tad

comaseason

Housewares
Bought something new and fun for my slew of holiday baking coming up...

And...