What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by Suze, Nov 6, 2008.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Feb 1, 2015 #4841

EMH1701

EMH1701

EMH1701

I found some cute tops on eBay that were gently used. I really hope they fit.

flowertop.png.jpg

whitelacetop.jpg

lavender top.jpg

2. Feb 7, 2015 #4842

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

[​IMG]

A clearance rack jacket from Catherine's.

I had gotten a flyer in the mail about a clearance event at Catherine's and decided to check it out and stock up on panties while I was there. I found this jacket while browsing the markdown racks.

It's from their special "Black Label" collection. I had seen it earlier in the season, and really liked it. But the original price was $184, which was just too much for a jersey knit jacket with fake leather trim.

So I spotted one on the clearance rack tonight, and hell yes it was my size! With all the discounts, it ended up being $33. It doesn't come through in the photo very well but it kinda has a cool retro mod vibe about it.

3. Feb 16, 2015 #4843

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

lucca23v2

Curves for miles

I haven't purchased it yet, but I think I will..lol

cupcakes t-shirt.jpg

4. Feb 17, 2015 #4844

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

It was Saturday, not today, but whatever.....new shoes to keep at work. My old ones had worn through the hard part of the sole on one side, and were getting so lop-sided that they were starting to hurt my feet.

Two factors play into what I was looking for:
    - I work in a smallish technology company, where fashion doesn't really happen much. I mostly wear dress slacks, but jeans on Fridays, and kind of alternate dress shirts and golf shirts. And while I'm mostly sitting at a desk I will go march up and down the five flights of stairs most days, and go for a walk at lunch when the weather isn't too odious, and I prefer not to have to change shoes for those activities--so I need something somewhat flexible.
    - I have planar fasciatis (spelling?) aka heel spurs, so I need shoes that are quite soft, as impact is an aggravating factor that can cause it to flare up. The shoes I was getting rid of had been as costly as a good pair of running shoes.

The first place I go looking, they have some black leather slip on shoes under the Doc Marten name, but without the very aggressively distinct sole. I try them on and they fit well (even with the insoles I use), and are really soft for walking in--all in all very comfortable. I've only ever used lace up shoes before so the smooth shoe top looked odd to my eyes, but given the circumstances I figured it would do.

Only problem was that there was no price marked on them. With some trepidation I had a sales person check for me...... and found out they'd been marked down twice, and were now only $48!

I bought them so quickly that I may have given the sales person whiplash, lol.

5. Feb 21, 2015 #4845
  6. Feb 22, 2015 #4846

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

I went to Ross and got a few random things.

An inexpensive black crossbody bag with fringe, a small bottle of Lady Gaga's "Fame" fragrance, and a small bottle of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers "Super G" fragrance. I like that I can get small bottles of fragrances there for around ten bucks now and then. Especially if it's one I like well enough to want to wear but not well enough to want to invest much money in.

7. Feb 25, 2015 #4847

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

i got some basic color tunic shirts on woman within. they were having clearance, so i got a bunch of colors.

8. Feb 28, 2015 #4848

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Embroidered leg jeans on sale from Roaman's. I'll have to try them on when they get here to see if they are long enough. Thankfully return shipping is free if they don't work. I went by inseam length, which was listed as 29" but that's a petite in their sizing. I'm 5'10" and petite jeans should be capris on me. But their tall jeans are ridiculously too long on me and the average length are borderline too long, they drag if I wear very flat shoes. I guess my height is more in my torso, and I also wear my jeans down at my belly button instead of high on my waist. So crossing my fingers that these will work with flat sandals. If they're just a tish too short I may just take the hem out and add some lavender color lace to the bottom, it won't look out of place with the embroidery. I just love the embroidery and I already have a pale lavender cotton eyelet peasant blouse tunic cut out and ready to sew that would go perfect with them.

[​IMG]

9. Feb 28, 2015 #4849

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

these are so cute!

10. Mar 1, 2015 #4850
  11. Mar 4, 2015 #4851

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

A couple pairs of jeans from One Stop Plus (or are they Full Beauty now?) Anyway, one pair is the color antique strawberry which looks like a kind of muted red. The other is dusty green which looks like a kind of army green.

12. Mar 6, 2015 #4852

CurvyGirl1986

CurvyGirl1986

CurvyGirl1986

Hey ladies,

Just thought I would let you girls know if any of you were looking for the remainder of the Silhouette's stock. After much research I found that apparently it was all bought by a single person directly from the distributor and I found who that person is! She sells under simplyplusdeals on eBay and has an eBay store @ http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Plus-Fashions - I spoke with her directly and she hinted that she has THOUSANDS of Silhouette's brand garments all factory sealed and brand new and she is in the process of putting products up every day. Hope this helps someone.

-CurvyGirl1986

13. Mar 11, 2015 #4853

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Okay, an update on the embroidered jeans.

I'll be damned if they aren't the perfect length to wear with flat shoes despite being petite length. I don't know whether those jeans run long, whether my height is mostly in my torso, or the fact that I wear my jeans down at my belly button that makes the difference, but I am 5'10" and they work fine.

Tad likes this.
  14. Mar 12, 2015 #4854

khrestel

khrestel

khrestel

Tad likes this.
  15. Mar 26, 2015 #4855

anitamelane

anitamelane

anitamelane

thanks for info

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Apr 1, 2015 #4856

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

i was at dollar general picking up a new watering can today and found a fleece zip up sweatshirt/jacket for my young one on 70% off. i ended up paying like 3.75 for it. i bought it big so she can use it in the fall.

17. Apr 8, 2015 #4857

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Tracyarts

Swimsuit from Torrid.com

I have other swimsuits but they're a lot more plain and utilitarian because I wear them to exercise in. I wanted something fun to wear at the beach this year and this was the cutest one I could find in my size that wasn't either on back order or from a vendor that needs more time to sew/ship. I'm going to the beach for the first time weekend after this coming one and needed something I could get shipped in time.

[​IMG]

Ruby Ripples likes this.
  18. Apr 8, 2015 #4858

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

the suit is so cute! enjoy your outing!

19. May 6, 2015 #4859

martinnathalie92

martinnathalie92

martinnathalie92

I'm jealous. I WANT THAT PONY TOO!

20. May 7, 2015 #4860

MyGirlDress

MyGirlDress

MyGirlDress

I bought today [FONT=&quot]Flower Girl dress for my daughter.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]